Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 WWW.FireTeis.COM 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: WWW.FireTeis.COM
That's why I'm encouraged that many are getting invites to sit down and talk with her. Take up all her time, and show her the value in having a fanbase that is listened to by the AD (meaning, then the president doesn't have to deal with it).

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The statement from her just pisses me off. It is such an insult to the fans that Larry ignores. I am done with her now too. She shows her loyalty to dead weight and it is at least the third statement from her in the last year or so that is tone deaf.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 am
Bobcat Wannabe

slycat wrote:
The statement from her just pisses me off. It is such an insult to the fans that Larry ignores. I am done with her now too. She shows her loyalty to dead weight and it is at least the third statement from her in the last year or so that is tone deaf.

Agreed. Despite all the improvements on the academic front, her legacy to me will be an inability to effectively manage her subordinates. I used to blame the athletic department's failings and inefficiencies on Teis, but she holds just as much blame at this point. The day her and Teis are no longer employed by Texas State will truly be a great day to be a Bobcat.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

I kind of worry that if she did fire Larry, she'd replace him with Tracy Shoemake.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bump if for no other reason than we simply have too many problems related to this Athletic Department than to have ridiculous Supercat thread as the upmost topic listed.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:50 pm
SuperCat

I would like to see Teis removed just as much all the rest of you but I don't believe that will happen anytime soon. Just read the newest press release, its crystal clear that Trauth and Teis are not parting ways anytime soon.
"I want to thank Director of Athletics Larry Teis for leading this search process and guiding the hiring of our new coach," Dr. Trauth said. "Texas State Athletics will have a great future as we move forward under Dr. Teis' leadership of our Department of Athletics and Coach Spavital's leadership of our football program."
So in reality its beating a dead horse at this point, unless the students demand his removal (and most don't care about athletics, look at student attendance numbers) or the university starts to lose all its BIG time donors. We don't have the fan base or alumni (numbers actively interested...compared to UT or A&M etc. etc.) for the university to bother caring about our opinions.
At this point we can just hope for the best over the next few seasons and hope Teis stays out of the way as much as possible. And pray to God someone in the Athletic department is thinking about what will happen 4 years from now with possible re-alignment (like reaching out to other Universities in the state). A winning record over next four years might help our future in getting into a new conference or continuing in the Sun Belt (or whatever happens).

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Therein lies your problem: Teis has made it abundantly clear REPEATEDLY that he is of the mind that THEY need to call him.

So conference realignment? He's not going to do anything. If they want us, they will call us and that means that they already want us, so really there's no need to do anything more than answer the phone.

He does not think he needs to promote the university.

He does not think that we need to reach out to potential fans to bring them in as donors. If they want to donate to the university they will, outreach is unnecessary.

He doesn't think we need to reach out to bowls. He said they never called us! HE NEVER REACHED OUT TO THE BOWLS. When I e-mailed him during that time asking about pre-sale for tickets, he told me there were no plans to pre-sell tickets since we didn't know if we were even going.

It is because of that mindset that many fans want him gone. This university is LITERALLY being held back because of his belief system.

His sole focus is maximizing how much he can get out of existing donors.

A winning record will absolutely help with attendance. That is the easy part.

Where we lag behind so many of our peer institutions is donors. Last I looked (and I can pull up the numbers again if necessary), well over half of our donor base is the free BC membership that comes when you graduate. We need more donors, but donors aren't going to come begging him to take their money. We need to market. Not simply a facebook post or a tweet, or an e-mail to people we already know. We need pro-active marketing and an AD who acts like he gives two squirts a piss.

As has been noted here, Denise loves Larry (sounds like a really bad 70's sitcom) because of 2 reasons:

1. He keeps the program in compliance with the NCAA,
2. He keeps athletics out of her hair.

Right now, the Fire Teis movement is about making sure it's in her hair. Many folks who have written to the BOR have gotten responses from Trauth who has requested a meeting. If enough of her time is absorbed by people saying the exact same thing (Teis is doing a poor job at bringing in donors, he doesn't market the programs, he is bad with the media... ALL of which is 100% true), she might stop listening to him and actually seeing the problems.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:29 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I will say this. Anyone out there that wants to press for Teis and Trauths removal I'm going to be right there with them. Any campaign, Any marketing, Any initiative Count me in. Just because they hired a good name doesn't mean their work is done and they can relax.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 pm
SuperCat

West Virginia media discussing the Teis situation:
https://twitter.com/WVMetroNews/status/1068172230964633600?s=20

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LatemCat wrote:
West Virginia media discussing the Teis situation:
https://twitter.com/WVMetroNews/status/1068172230964633600?s=20

We are a dumpster fire. This is one of the more extensive analysis by the national media that I've heard for our AD.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

More accurate coverage about our situation from West Virginia press than most of the local press. Amazing and sad.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Therein lies your problem: Teis has made it abundantly clear REPEATEDLY that he is of the mind that THEY need to call him.

So conference realignment? He's not going to do anything. If they want us, they will call us and that means that they already want us, so really there's no need to do anything more than answer the phone.

Larry wanted me to tell you that you forgot about his conference realignment PowerPoint, you ungrateful fuck.

Also, he said he tried to get fans involved. Don't you remember, "Do they want me to send a bus to pick them up?"

Did anyone take him up on that generous offer?

Noooooooooo.

Christ.

P.s. please have the bowls call during regular business hours, not to include the lunch hour. Is that so fucking much to ask?

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
His sole focus is maximizing how much he can get out of existing donors.

Chris Park was the last person to ever ask me to increase my donation.

Even when I mention this to people in the athletic department or Bobcat Club, I get nothing. Not even a half-assed ask, at the moment I'm complaining that nobody ever asks. Just a vague acknowledgement that I raised an interesting point.

Nobody is trying to maximize my donation. Frankly, they're barely trying to keep it.

Last edited by lurker on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:33 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That's really strange because every time I spoke to them, the first question they asked has always been "can you increase by just 10%?"

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:35 am
True Bobcat Fan

I wish.

I think Chris Park dragged me from $250 to $2500 over a few years, although some of that might have been me, on my own, after he left.

I'm back down to $1600, with no plans to increase anything. Nobody cares. Next year, I'll drop some tickets, and the corresponding donation, because I am sick of paying for so many empty seats. That's another matter, but I don't expect it to trigger any alarms at TXST.

Maybe I'm not a big enough fish. I was eyeballing the $5,000 level at one point, but I've got better uses for my money, and nobody seems to give a shit, so I don't either.

I can't log into my damn Bobcat Club account. God only knows what's going on there. It doesn't recognize my email address. I was going to get my donation history.

Oh well.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next