Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 WWW.FireTeis.COM 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: WWW.FireTeis.COM
it is pretty sad that some of our fans sit back and say "we'll get more money when the Fields donates, we should just continue to rely on a single donor to fix our problems".

After browsing around, did you guys know that UNT is getting an indoor football facility built by next summer? Must be nice to have that kind of vision. Hell, I had a chance to see Coppell high school's to watch LSU's band practice and it was pretty nice.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
The 5-10 million is based on number of alumni and donation amounts of our peer universities. The fact that we are no where close does nothing but prove how much of an epic failure the Teis tenure has been.

Scholarships are at $7.2 million a year right now. That should be the goal of the Bobcat Club.

The goal that they have set for themselves is $3 million by 2021-2022.

None of these goals that are being set are going to be reached by going backwards in annual donation amounts. They also won't be reached with a passive athletic department or Bobcat Club staff.

Also, winning won't solve this problem. Sure, we'll see an increase of a few hundred thousand when we have successful winning programs, but it's not going to be an increase in the millions. The only way to get increases in the millions is alumni engagement. That's not happening under Teis.

The fact that you and our athletic leadership is content with bringing in 1/4 of what UTSA and UTEP are bringing in, or about 1/12 of what SMU and UH are bringing in, is exactly what is wrong with this program.

Every single program you mentioned is in a major metropolitan area where most of their alumni reside within a 20 mile radius with no major competition for their alumni dollars (most ours are spread out over a 120 mile radius with UT being the main draw). But let me guess, their marketing to alumni is better.......I hope none of you guys have a business degree from Texas State, because you're making our school look bad not knowing how to properly look at a situation objectively.

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
it is pretty sad that some of our fans sit back and say "we'll get more money when the Fields donates, we should just continue to rely on a single donor to fix our problems".

After browsing around, did you guys know that UNT is getting an indoor football facility built by next summer? Must be nice to have that kind of vision. Hell, I had a chance to see Coppell high school's to watch LSU's band practice and it was pretty nice.

UNT joined the FBS ranks in 1995....only took them 23 years to decide an indoor football facility was warranted. (Sarcasm) Great vision, great great vision. On that timeline, we should be good to go by 2042! :sign: :sign: :roll: :roll:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BUMP as this article really sums it all up well.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

And Coppell High School's has been open since 2000. What does the year being built have to do with anything? I'm sure Larry drew up some plans on his bar napkin, though.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cpwhite wrote:

BUMP as this article really sums it all up well.

That article made me sad and frustrated. It is amazing how every single person has the same reaction/frustration with the AD from fans, to donors, to media and the schools response from top to bottom is "you're wrong".

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Every single program you mentioned is in a major metropolitan area where most of their alumni reside within a 20 mile radius with no major competition for their alumni dollars (most ours are spread out over a 120 mile radius with UT being the main draw). But let me guess, their marketing to alumni is better.......I hope none of you guys have a business degree from Texas State, because you're making our school look bad not knowing how to properly look at a situation objectively.

And we're 30 miles from 2 of the largest 4 metropolitan areas in the state. You're point? (For reference, almost every major suburb in Houston is over 30 miles from their campus.)

That has literally nothing to do with our fans, alumni, or how well our AD is engaging those fans and alumni.

And what does UT have to do with anything? We're talking about OUR alumni engagement. But yea, they do have much better marketing (as they should for having more than 6 times our athletic budget). Is the only reason you're bringing them up because you're trying to validate your completely idiotic notion that we have good alumni engagement and 500K in donations is great?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
And we're 30 miles from 2 of the largest 4 metropolitan areas in the state. You're point? (For reference, almost every major suburb in Houston is over 30 miles from their campus.)

That has literally nothing to do with our fans, alumni, or how well our AD is engaging those fans and alumni.

And what does UT have to do with anything? We're talking about OUR alumni engagement. But yea, they do have much better marketing (as they should for having more than 6 times our athletic budget). Is the only reason you're bringing them up because you're trying to validate your completely idiotic notion that we have good alumni engagement and 500K in donations is great?

Point one: Both those metropolitan areas already have allegiances (UTSA, UT) that are easier to reach and proximity to those media markets (what do we have? The SMDR and KTSW?) :roll: , and they don't include Texas State (even if our alumni "base" live there).

Point two: The last football game, I had countless of conversations that week with students AND Alumni who didn't give two cents worth to our game but were all excited to watch UT and were making plans to BBQ or go to watch parties for.....UT. So, yeah, that's "what UT has to do with anything". That's just the reality of the situation with Texas State Football.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The high school in San Marcos has an indoor facility. Until September of 2018 San Marcos high school had a better video board at their football stadium.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Imagine what it would mean for Texas state athletics if the bobcat club was even moderately successful at fundraising. If we could go from 600k to 1.6 million we could have one of the best assistant coaches salary pools at our level. An extra million a year could also help pay for a portion of facility upgrades without using bonds.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am
SuperCat

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
The high school in San Marcos has an indoor facility. Until September of 2018 San Marcos high school had a better video board at their football stadium.

Add my high school (Midway) to the list... shit they built their facility ten damn years ago in suburban ass Waco (and it’s a palace of a facility at that, honestly it’s way too much for a high school) and we, a division 1 college football program, can’t build one?
Tax: everything you just stated should be goals and fuel for the fire for Larry. But instead he runs from the press instead of inviting them into our home. But this isn’t anything that hasn’t been said a thousand times on this board before.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Flour Bluff HS, down here, just built an indoor facility and they also have a natatorium. 1950 students.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Point one: Both those metropolitan areas already have allegiances (UTSA, UT) that are easier to reach and proximity to those media markets (what do we have? The SMDR and KTSW?) :roll: , and they don't include Texas State (even if our alumni "base" live there).

Point two: The last football game, I had countless of conversations that week with students AND Alumni who didn't give two cents worth to our game but were all excited to watch UT and were making plans to BBQ or go to watch parties for.....UT. So, yeah, that's "what UT has to do with anything". That's just the reality of the situation with Texas State Football.

I think you are the one missing the point...
Let's just ignore that TCU is in DFW, but point to UT being in Austin... Let's also ignore, UNT...
Or what about A&M and Houston... A&M owns houston's market, but let's ignore them also, cause you know, it doesn't back your argument.
And seriously? UTSA? You think we are losing our alumni to UTSA?

We are talking about the effectiveness of our AD in alumni and fan engagement to grow the Bobcat Club here. Every other school that I named is doing better in that area than we are, but sure go ahead and keep praising our AD for only dropping 200K in donations over the last few years.

Serious question here... Do you honestly believe that 500-700K in donations is anywhere near acceptable for our university?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I think you are the one missing the point...
Let's just ignore that TCU is in DFW, but point to UT being in Austin... Let's also ignore, UNT...
Or what about A&M and Houston... A&M owns houston's market, but let's ignore them also, cause you know, it doesn't back your argument.
And seriously? UTSA? You think we are losing our alumni to UTSA?

We are talking about the effectiveness of our AD in alumni and fan engagement to grow the Bobcat Club here. Every other school that I named is doing better in that area than we are, but sure go ahead and keep praising our AD for only dropping 200K in donations over the last few years.

Serious question here... Do you honestly believe that 500-700K in donations is anywhere near acceptable for our university?

You're all over the place and putting words into my mouth while you are at it. So here, let me give you a hand.....

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 pm
Junior Bobcat

Article about a real Athletic Director. Good read for LT: https://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/ ... 9f133.html

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next