Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 WWW.FireTeis.COM 
True Bobcat Fan

Post WWW.FireTeis.COM
I think this website deserves its own heading on the message board. Didn’t realize it had been added to and updated. Either a single individual or a collective group spent some time on this. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the effort. It’s a really good source of information with extremely good references. The more attention the better. We might not get rid of him but we will definitely encourage him to perform above of his capabilities.

https://fireteis.com

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:56 am
SuperCat

Post Re: WWW.FireTeis.COM
Well done site. I like the graphical comparisons to other G5 and Sunbelt schools. Shows that there are objective, data-based reasons for wanting him gone just as much as the subjective reasons.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:04 am
Junior Bobcat

This is great. Is there any attempt or anyway to get the media's attention to this site? Seems like it could be very helpful for them to see this and draw more attention to it.

Last edited by LatemCat on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:26 am
Junior Bobcat

It’s probably too late to change but that banner that will fly over homecoming tailgate might be better if it said FireTeis.com instead of #fireteis. People could pull out their phones and visit the site immediately. I’m not complaining though, just a suggestion. Good looking website.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

Thanks guys. I wanted to get it published as soon as possible. It's not done and I'm still working on comparisons. It takes a long time to compile all of the data/records for all peer universities over the past 15 years (Teis tenure). I am limiting it to revenue sports due to the amount of time it's taking.

Does anyone have ideas on what other types of data I can use for comparisons?

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:26 pm
SuperCat

Wow! Excellent job. Someone put a lot of thought, research, and effort into building this website.

How to get the word out to the media? Tweet or email ESPN, especially their individual media people, other online sports outlets,, sports editors of newspapers, sports reporters of TV stations, etc. Don't send on Saturdays since they are caught up on game day. Might be ignoed or missed. Sun through Weds are best days

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'll ask the pilot the next time i speak with him. He is supposed to be calling me soon.

As long as the other donors dont object of course. If you donated anonymously you can pm any objections.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Those with twitter can just tweet the website and reference the #fireteis; that way they're tied together if anyone looks up #fireteis on twitter? And everyone should tweet the website to all media. Even the guy who writes the espn bottom 10.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:53 pm
SuperCat

josh_ooh_ahh wrote:
I'll ask the pilot the next time i speak with him. He is supposed to be calling me soon.

As long as the other donors dont object of course. If you donated anonymously you can pm any objections.

That's a great idea. No objections whatsoever! FireTeis.com

Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Wow. We get some high quality athletes for Volleyball, Softball and Track and Field. Those are some dominant stats. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

Wow. We get some high quality athletes for Volleyball, Softball and Track and Field. Those are some dominant stats. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, for sure. By far our best sports. Coincidentally, all have coaches that Teis did not hire.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:

Yes, for sure. By far our best sports. Coincidentally, all have coaches that Teis did not hire.

Teis did hire the current T&F coach Stewart.

Point still stands though in that most of our sports that have had decent success over the last 15 years have coaches that were here prior to Teis (Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Baseball (some of those years)). T&F is the one exception.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Man, those winning percentages for football, and M/W basketball are :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I really wish Ty was fired a few years ago. Yea it may have looked bad, but it needs to happen.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

That revenue chart doesn't help the case too much. Seeing how we are second in the conference, you ***could*** make the case that Teis is doing a good job in the revenue department DESPITE not fielding winning teams in football. I know that's mostly from student fees, but still....you could point to upgrades to all our facilities being tops in the conference as a measure of success ("If you build it, they will come").

Decent website overall though.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:37 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next