Mike Jinks vs. Everett Withers 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Mike Jinks vs. Everett Withers
LSU Bobcat wrote:
We all know Everett is getting one more year no matter what.

Most likely but I have a very hard time seeing that if we finish 1-11 this year.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
I can certainly stomach one more year of EW if it meant Larry would get fired. We all know Everett is getting one more year no matter what.

In what universe does an AD get released for a losing football program but not the head coach? That's silly, to be kind.

And if Withers wins less than three games, he's gone this year.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

In the same hypothetical universe in which little fish actually had a say in the direction of the athletic department? Who cares? Football isn't the only reason Teis needs to go... It isn't even the main reason.

All LSU said was that he wants Teis gone more. That doesnt mean he thinks that Withers has done enough to keep his job.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Site Admin

Taxi has a point, actually... if you look back at ADs being fired, I would guess that the vast majority of ADs of football-playing schools were fired alongside the head football coach unless there was some sort of impropriety.

We need to hire a proven WINNER in both the AD's office and FB head coach's office. I'd be fine with a young, successful coordinator from an upper tier G5 or somewhere in the P5 or with a proven HC from FCS.

That said - all this talk of getting losers like Mike Jinks or coaches lacking a moral compass or geezers coming out of their retirement homes is just stupid.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Didn't take me long, but here is one example of the AD being fired before the head coach. I'm sure there are several more examples too.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/21423391/arkansas-razorbacks-fire-ad-jeff-long

What I thought was interesting about this AD Firing, is the statement issued by the university president.

Quote:
"Since coming to Fayetteville in 2008, Jeff has led our department with character and integrity and helped move us forward in so many ways. However, over the past year, Jeff has lost the support of many of our fans, alumni, key supporters, and members of the university leadership, support that I believe is critical in our pursuit of excellence. I want to thank Jeff for his commitment and service to our University and to the State of Arkansas and, on behalf of the Razorback Family, I want to wish Jeff and his family all of the best in the future."

I don't know too much about that situation, but just from that statement alone, it seems like they were in a very similar situation as us. If you want to give Teis credit for a lot of the growth that we have experienced (which I dont), that's fine, but Teis has 100% lost the support of "fans, alumni, and key supporters." It is yet to be seen if he has lost the support of other university leadership though.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
I can certainly stomach one more year of EW if it meant Larry would get fired. We all know Everett is getting one more year no matter what.

In what universe does an AD get released for a losing football program but not the head coach? That's silly, to be kind.

And if Withers wins less than three games, he's gone this year.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Didn't take me long, but here is one example of the AD being fired before the head coach.

he was fired a whole 9 days before the head coach. big picture, not sure that really counts as it's effectively equal.

steve patterson was fired at texas about 14 months before charlie strong was, but he was lighting fires all over campus, and strong was only 1.5 yrs into his contract at that point.

usc has run through several coaches and ad recently, but like texas, not sure the correlation really works as there were muiltiple issues, not just football.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm