Players are losing confidence in withers... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Players are losing confidence in withers...
TheRevSWT wrote:
I'm sorry, who are you referring to?

The transfer?

The one that wanted to?

The one who transferred is Jordan Mittie. He was All Sun Belt honorable mention last season. He transferred to Kansas State where he has played in every game, is third on the team in sacks, and has this year and next year left for eligibility.

It isn't fair to discuss the one who was contemplating it, but I expect him (and potentially others late in their careers who may be grad transfer eligible) to leave.

For your comments about deep balls, not being able to tell if our RBs are good, etc. . . . no. Just because the line isn't good doesn't exclude the ability to see what those skill players are capable of doing. There are plenty of opportunities to see them perform even with a poor line.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So a player that left the university to go to a P5 school and ends up starting.... That's him leaving a sinking ship? No, I'm sorry I don't buy that. I feel fairly confident MOST of the App State players would transfer to a P5 school if they didn't have to sit out a year and had a chance to start.

The other? Pardon my skepticism that conveniently he's "the best player on the team" and wanted to leave. It's awfully convenient to fit your narrative that has been your sole purpose since being here. I'm not saying you're lying, because I honestly don't know. But when you solitary goal on this board is to shit talk Withers, you're gonna get a healthy dose of skepticism.

And yes, when our RB's are hit behind the line of scrimmage nearly every play, it's a little tough to gauge what kind of skills they have. Are they world beaters? Nope. But I guarantee you if the line was better than it is, they'd be serviceable. Same with the WR's.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
So a player that left the university to go to a P5 school* and ends up starting.... That's him leaving a sinking ship?

* where his father is the women's hoops head coach.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
So a player that left the university to go to a P5 school and ends up starting.... That's him leaving a sinking ship? No, I'm sorry I don't buy that. I feel fairly confident MOST of the App State players would transfer to a P5 school if they didn't have to sit out a year and had a chance to start.

You're out of your mind. Do you know how many P5 schools Frankie Griffin could start at? Do you know how many P5 schools Bryan London could start at? They both would be starting at many, many P5 school. Do you disagree? That means, last year, at least three defensive players could have been starting at P5 schools (add Gabe Lloyd to that list, though he wasn't able to transfer).

No, the majority of App State grad transfers wouldn't leave if they thought they would start at a P5. Most of that has to do with them winning and them being comfortable at a place where they've been for years. You don't think Justice Hansen would start at a bunch of P5s? There would be a line of P5s lining up for him to be their QB. Just about every all Sun Belt 1st or 2nd team player would have a handful of P5s where they could start . . . and there are a bunch who already have earned their degrees. Why do so few of them go?

Your comment that the RBs are hit behind the LOS scrimmage almost every play is more than even a big exaggeration. Your claim that the RBs and receivers are "serviceable" is pretty ambiguous. Serviceable in terms of what? Rank the most talented WR and RB units in the conference. Neither of Texas State's are in the top 5. But they don't have to be. With an average to above average Sun Belt defense, even below average RBs and below average WRs are good enough to win some games. But when you have below average units and a bad OC, you have no chance even with a solid defense.

And for your questioning of the veracity about the best player on the team looking into leaving . . . nothing I have said has been false. Nothing has been so bizarrely false that couldn't be verified. Hell, I named the recruits Withers fucked over. I named the player that had to stop the continued assault of a student in the parking lot. Any of you can simply ask those people about the situations.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

For those that may not know there used to be an option that would allow you to IGNORE all posts by a user, I saw that the option was taken away but has been replaced by a FOE system the description is given here:

Manage foes
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 pm
SuperCat

Please ignore trolls rather than playing their game by responding to them. Otherwise visiting this forum will continue to be unbearable.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It's about time you guys jumped in the ignore wagon!!!!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

txstlinds wrote:
It's about time you guys jumped in the ignore wagon!!!!

When Run brings as many laughs as he does there's no ignoring that.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:24 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

ArtyCat0811 wrote:
Paraphrasing E.W.; Georgia Southern has National titles and tradition to fall back on when they were bad. This has been my biggest pet peeve about E.W., he acts like this university never played a down of football before he arrived, no National titles of our own, no traditions etc..sick of the " I had to blow it up" crap. If punters are having trouble put blockers in front of him, just like Georgia Southern did. Another presser full of cliches, life and football are not fun when your not winning. E.W. leaving can not happen soon enough, his record alone justifies no other decision.

When Withers went to JMU and inherited a very talented team he started the Blow it Up crap. All he did was take a top 10 defense and leave it in the bottom of the league. He lost his teams by the end of the season and was outcoached as both years he lost in the playoffs to lesser opponents. What he's done at Texas State is a disgrace. He is not a game day coach, and he does not connect with the players. At times the defense has been credible this season, but the offense is a joke. Time for him to go.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:24 pm