Kuhr out as OC. 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Kuhr out as OC.
Brett Elliott is now the OC for the rest of the year.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Kuhr out as OC.
feels like a bandaid on a gaping head wound, and too little, too late, but don't hate it at all.

kuhr still on the staff or no?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Yes

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

300, are you just going off EW's commentary in his weekly Monday morning presser? Or do you have additional insight?

In reference:
Nick Castillo
12m12 minutes ago
More
Withers asked if quarterback coach Brett Elliott is calling plays for #TXST. He denies that rumor. Although, he laughingly adds Elliott might start calling plays.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

[Citation Needed]

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcatfan300 wrote:

I'd fully support this move. During Withers' first year here, Elliot always had a solid game plan the first half of games. Some we actually led into halftime.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcatfan300 wrote:

From someone who wanted this to happen last year, this is pretty damn funny. Glad it finally happened. But, I agree with Saul. This is just a bandaid and EW trying to have a fall guy. He can blame this year's problems all on Kuhr and keep his job for another year.

Get ready for Run to come in here and cry about how bad of a coach Brett is. Something something fitzgerald's stats something. What a dumb fuck.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Get ready for Run to come in here and cry about how bad of a coach Brett is. Something something fitzgerald's stats something. What a dumb fuck.

Don't take things out of context, moron. I never said Elliott is a bad coach. I pointed out that Tyler Jones, a QB with great talent, had his worst statistical year the one year Elliott had him (as a senior). I pointed out that Nick Fitzgerald had a significant decline statistically in the year Elliott had him compared to what Fitzgerald had done the previous year under a different coach. It's a small sample size, but even WJIII degressed statistically under Elliott from where he had been the previous year. At best, you can argue that WJIII saw absolutely no improvement in any part of his game during the spring, summer, and 5-6 weeks of fall camp that Elliott had him.

It also isn't a good sign that a head coach resigns to take a job at a better school and doesn't bring a coach with him.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:43 pm
SuperCat

Another classic E.W. weekly presser...give this coach clay and he will mold a knife to stab you.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm
SuperCat

I don't know who 300 is, but (s)he sure likes to be a damn rumor mill.

As Voltron quoted, Withers said nothing about Kuhr being out. He simply denied Elliot was calling plays.

As if the Bobcats don't have enough of a shit storm going on now, 300 wants to spread rumors just to add fuel to the fire with fans? This is the kind of "fan" that probably texts the players to try to stir up shit with them too. SMDH

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
run faster

You should cry harder, Larry lackey.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Coaching 101... when you feel heat... fire or demote someone.

Well played Withers, well played. Little late but why not... Anyone expecting Elliot to fix it... I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still on board with keeping Vitt as our QB but we need to go with 1 OL group and stick with it. Too many changes as I've seen Moore at RT, Jemison at RT, Manvelle at OG and Rowland. Pick at 5 and stick with it at this time. No more back and forth unless your telling me we have that many players hurt. If you have to max protect to get throws out, do it. If you have to run TE screens, do it! If you need to use a H-back in TE Rogers or Taylor, then do it.

Really getting tired of watching these spread offenses struggle in run game be it 3rd and 1s or 3rd and 2. These offenses were never made to win with the run game as I continually see teams be unsuccessful in this area.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Vitt starting and Elliot calling the plays should help. Will it be enough to start winning games? Probably not. But we could have easily won the GSU and UTSA games with a competent playcaller.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 am
Bobcat Wannabe

I'm not a "fan". I'm a dad and I happen to have only stated FACTS on this forum.

Take it or leave it. It is what it is. Elliott is in charge from here on out. We will see how it goes

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

And i'm pretty damn appreciative that you came here lend us some info. :texasstate:

Any chance you have any knowledge of the current state of the team? What the players think of EW now?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:59 am