Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 **Vs Georgia Southern 2018 Gameday Thread** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: **Vs Georgia Southern 2018 Gameday Thread**
I could believe that. Kuhr was probably stunned whatever he drew up with the crayons actually worked. Then he had to flip through his notes to find another play.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:
This probably did not affect the out come of the game, but poor coaching and game management was evident again. We scored with about 2:20 left in the game making the score 15 - 13. We had to call timeout to select our two point conversion attempt. A well coached team always has about three plays they are going to use against their opponent for that game. Not Withers. Has to call timeout. High school coaches have better planning skills and game management. This is a continuing theme late in the second and fourth quarters.

See, to me, the timeout before the 2 point conversion doesn't upset me.

That play right there became the MOST important play of the game. And (assuming it didn't work, which it didn't), you'd end up with the ball with 40 or so yards to go with no timeouts and maybe 30 seconds to get into field goal range.

So take the time, make sure you pick the best possible play you have in your arsenal and give it your shot.

My issue is if we hadn't called the timeout after Willie lost his helmet. Having 2 timeouts going into the 2 point conversion changes the WHOLE thing.

EDIT: And the damned refs who don't know wtf they are doing that cost us that timeout on the review of the punt interference (I know they weren't reviewing the interference but rather if it touched White)... that was, in retrospect, a call that really impacted the game.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 am
Site Admin

I didn't even realize there was a game. :lol:

Not surprised to see the loss. Surprised we held them to 15 and downright shocked to see that WJIII had playing time at QB. What. The. Fuck.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

yeah i forgot we had an early game till good now told me results in my feed. Ill skip reading all the pages here because it cant be too different then our last 5 games, maybe less drunk since was a weeknight.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Haven't read the posts but I assume most say the same as this. Terrible Terrible Terrible game management.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8