Teis and Withers Official Reviews 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Teis and Withers Official Reviews
GMAN wrote:
So, to "counter point" RunFaster's "point", LT brought us up from bad, to meh. Seems like he has reached his ceiling.

A leader should constantly be grading/assessing the people that report to them. It seems to me that if you wanted to make a change, it's just $$ that stands in the way. It may be just a bit premature to make a ruling on EW, but from what I've seen, it's not looking good. LT has reached his ceiling. DT seems to be at the status quo until retirement.

There's PLENTY of blame to go around EVERYWHERE!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

And I have no problem with that. In doing so, it's only fair to admit that both Teis and Franch' did a respectable job in the first four years of FBS. Great? No. But solid considering the factors? Yes.

Texas State shouldn't strive for mediocrity considering the advantages it has in football. However, for the immediate time being, that would be a great target to reach to. The current administration (Trauth, Teis) have shown the ability to hit that goal. The current head coach is far away from showing that ability. He's the first one who needs to go.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Despite the strawman argument made by Teis and Trauth and now run faster, nobody here is mad that we aren't in the Big XII. Nobody is mad that we aren't hosting gameday this week, or that we aren't in the top 25, or that we haven't made a sweet 16, or that aren't in Omaha as often as Texas.

Everyone is mad because we haven't produced any real success in at least 15 years, and the people who are being payed well to try to make that happen for us seem to be sitting on their ass. The athletic department works for us - we are their customer - they are our employee and most "customers" have completely quit supporting the program. An overwhelming majority of those "customers" who do continue to support the program are unhappy with the product.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
GMAN wrote:
So, to "counter point" RunFaster's "point", LT brought us up from bad, to meh. Seems like he has reached his ceiling.

A leader should constantly be grading/assessing the people that report to them. It seems to me that if you wanted to make a change, it's just $$ that stands in the way. It may be just a bit premature to make a ruling on EW, but from what I've seen, it's not looking good. LT has reached his ceiling. DT seems to be at the status quo until retirement.

There's PLENTY of blame to go around EVERYWHERE!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

And I have no problem with that. In doing so, it's only fair to admit that both Teis and Franch' did a respectable job in the first four years of FBS. Great? No. But solid considering the factors? Yes.

Texas State shouldn't strive for mediocrity considering the advantages it has in football. However, for the immediate time being, that would be a great target to reach to. The current administration (Trauth, Teis) have shown the ability to hit that goal. The current head coach is far away from showing that ability. He's the first one who needs to go.

I agree with a lot of your post. But, Fran gets 2-3 years of credit and LT gets Zero credit for anything that has to do with competition on grass or wood. Fran threw in the towel his last year (and I was accused of being a Fran apologist) and LT took the path of least resistance in hiring Fran (even though I was 100% on board with that hire).

ALL PARTIES PAST AND PRESENT ARE AT FAULT.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:
Despite the strawman argument made by Teis and Trauth and now run faster, nobody here is mad that we aren't in the Big XII. Nobody is mad that we aren't hosting gameday this week, or that we aren't in the top 25, or that we haven't made a sweet 16, or that aren't in Omaha as often as Texas.

Everyone is mad because we haven't produced any real success in at least 15 years, and the people who are being payed well to try to make that happen for us seem to be sitting on their ass. The athletic department works for us - we are their customer - they are our employee and most "customers" have completely quit supporting the program. An overwhelming majority of those "customers" who do continue to support the program are unhappy with the product.

Well typed.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:

I didn't make that claim. I never said you guys had unrealistic expectations, were mad at not being in the Big 12, etc.

I said that Teis has shown the ability to have an FBS football program at least be mediocre, even at the huge disadvantage of having just jumped up to FBS. He's done it. Withers is the one who hasn't shown the ability to lead an FBS football program to mediocrity.

Oh, and it's "straw man" - two words. If you're going to use phrases which you clearly don't know the meaning of since you incorrectly accused me of making one, at least get the grammatical part of it correct.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Withers is halfway through his 3rd season and he's lost at least 3-4 games this season alone that 98% of FCS or FBS coaches would have won. I just wonder what results in the last 30 games gives upper leadership the impression that the results will be any different under Withers in December 2019?

There's nobody in his 2019 class that is going to fix his in game coaching, decision making, play calling and use of personnel. I now know he will finish out at least his 5 year contract through the end of 2020 regardless if he keeps losing from now until after we play Ohio University at home. Chances are he will probably get an extension before then regardless of outcomes.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

In case anyone was wondering TSU has the same record as us in SWAC play.....
......good for 118/125 FCS teams.
....and we deserved to have gone to overtime with them.

....the worst part no matter how we slice things we really could all be underestimating the severity of the withersball massacre

http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/rankings

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Remember kids, when your argument is shit, just talk about grammar!

I do find it funny that even back in 07 fans were bitching about worthless Larry being the AD in the move to FBS. Was able to google and find that thread.

http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14042&start=15

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Remember kids, when your argument is shit, just talk about grammar!

Remember, moron, when you can't use facts, just falsely attribute comments to a poster that he never said.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry's lackey is getting angry. Tell Larry to treat you better.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 am
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Larry's lackey is getting angry. Tell Larry to treat you better.

That's not it. You just shouldn't falsely attribute comments to people. I never claim that you said anything intelligent, so don't claim that I have ever said anything stupid.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 pm