Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Teis and Withers Official Reviews 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Teis and Withers Official Reviews
I was looking for the post a couple of years back when I was one of the first to lose confidence in Withers. It was when Damian Williams had a hold-up in his admission. I knew right then we would suck again. Damian Williams did end up playing and I thought he was an adequate QB for us. I had major issues with how Withers shit caned the whole program in order to implement his own culture. I didn't think we had enough time for that. I think you do the best you can with what you have. I would rather go 5-6 every year than be 2-10 in any year. Now we are still in the bottom ten with no improvement in sight. We might squeak out a Division I win this year but BFD if we actually do. Teis has justified his job by saying he presided over the move to division I and the building of facilities, all paid for by the students who rarely attend games. Some of our other programs are good and others are not a complete embarrassment. As for Trauth, I have always liked her academically. I’ve said I’m afraid that when she leaves we will get some good ole boy asshole who comes in to put us back down into our place. This seems to be what most of you down there want. I still believe we need a football team to support important programs such as band, Strutters, Cheerleaders, Sports Medicine, Sports Science, and it needs to be Division I lever considering our size. We also have a substantial investment in Bobcat Stadium. Otherwise it’s not the best days to be a Bobcat. We will probably have to suffer through Withers another year. I think that changes are coming but they may not be for the better and if they are for the better will take many years to result in improvement. One positive is ESPN+ may cost a few dollars but I think it works better than Watch ESPN.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
Garry Crain wrote:
I too am a graduate of TSU.

jesusfuckall

Yeaaaaa. That's pretty sad. Shows somewhat of a disconnect between BoR and university.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
It was when Damian Williams had a hold-up in his admission.

Pfft! Was that the announcement? Hold-up in his admission? In reality, after he announced his transfer to Texas State, he didn't do shit all spring academically. He couldn't get into grad school because of it. So he had to take classes over the summer. He was just as bad in the first summer session. The kid had absolutely no desire to be at Texas State. But it gets better. Then, on top of everything, he gets popped in a drug test. Withers, who had no problem tossing people off left-and-right, was then exposed for being a fraud. He not only took a transfer to try and save the program, but he took a kid who decided not to do schoolwork in multiple chances and then failed a drug test. Withers had no choice but to suck it up and let the kid on the team.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
VP98 wrote:
It was when Damian Williams had a hold-up in his admission.

Pfft! Was that the announcement? Hold-up in his admission? In reality, after he announced his transfer to Texas State, he didn't do shit all spring academically. He couldn't get into grad school because of it. So he had to take classes over the summer. He was just as bad in the first summer session. The kid had absolutely no desire to be at Texas State. But it gets better. Then, on top of everything, he gets popped in a drug test. Withers, who had no problem tossing people off left-and-right, was then exposed for being a fraud. He not only took a transfer to try and save the program, but he took a kid who decided not to do schoolwork in multiple chances and then failed a drug test. Withers had no choice but to suck it up and let the kid on the team.

I knew we were fucked when this happened. It took a couple of years for many of the trolls on this board to come around but they have now come around.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 pm
Junior Bobcat

How does the Troll seem to know so much though?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 pm
True Bobcat Fan

mexibat31 wrote:
How does the Troll seem to know so much though?

"Troll" is used too often and incorrectly. A troll is somebody whose sole purpose is to antagonize other posters, many times, with little regard to the truth. That isn't my purpose. Being arrogant and a prick doesn't make one a troll. Mocking morons for saying illogical things doesn't make one a troll.

But yes, I do know a lot . . . a lot more than what has been shared on here. And the information is always accurate.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm
Junior Bobcat

Sorry, didn't mean to flat out call you a troll. I just went with what others on the board were referring to you as being on here and I shouldn't have posed the question that way. I for one enjoy your post and intriguing information. I only wish that you could be more helpful with our quest to clean out the Athletic Department, with all the information that you know your bound to know some people with influence. What is your opinion as to why a University of our size and available resources has been so stagnant and mediocre for over 3 decades?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It's literally like we were given one notch above the "death penalty" but worse, because we have to watch a monstrous shit storm.

After seeing the 2 responses from the Regents, it chaps me even more, that:

#1 basses is spelled basis....
#2 no proofreading emails
#3 what is TSUS... I recall a Press Conference where we officially adopted TXST. I would assume that the Regents would be aware of this

You throw all of this dysfunction together, literally from every angle and it makes me want to disconnect from everything TXST until the "ship is no longer taking on water".

But.... my passion for the school continues as well all live the words of the famous poem, Charge of the Light Brigade.

"Forward the Light Brigade!
Was there not a man dismay'd?
Not tho the soldiers knew
Someone had blundered
Their's not to make reply
Their's not to reason why
Their's to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the 600."

Just like the 600 in attendance last month....
~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

mexibat31 wrote:
I only wish that you could be more helpful with our quest to clean out the Athletic Department, with all the information that you know your bound to know some people with influence.

There a lot of influential people that hold Teis in low regard. The problem is they are managed by people with more influence that Teis apparently has some type of hold on. Some say it's voodoo. My theory is he possesses some type of nude blackmail pictures.

I know plenty of folks on campus and I don't know a single one that has any respect for Larry...and that includes folks within the Athletics Department. He's considered a joke. From the folks I know in San Marcos circles, he's not a very popular fellow either...not that it really matters except in the donations department. Fields likes him...or at least he did. I guess that's all that counts.

You need Kryptonite to take Larry down, but I don't know why.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

GMAN wrote:
#3 what is TSUS... I recall a Press Conference where we officially adopted TXST. I would assume that the Regents would be aware of this

texas state university system
www.tsus.edu

gotta remember that they are over the whole system, not just txst.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
GMAN wrote:

http://www.tsus.edu

Touche', my friend.... (I recant that statement)

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
GMAN wrote:

http://www.tsus.edu

And this is a very small system in terms of institutions. You have the Lamar group, Sam Houston, Sul Ross, and Texas State.

If you guys want to push the issue more with the board, they have a two day meeting in exactly one month in Huntsville. They are in Austin in February and then in San Marcos in May, but those are past the hiring season.

Round up 100+ people to show up at next month's meeting, and you may get some action started.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

mexibat31 wrote:
What is your opinion as to why a University of our size and available resources has been so stagnant and mediocre for over 3 decades?

I'm not convinced that he's anything but your run of the mill troll. With that being said, if you look at all of his previous posts on the subject, he thinks our athletic department is performing just fine. You know, 2nd in the bubbas cup the past few years, yada, yada...

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

mexibat31 wrote:
What is your opinion as to why a University of our size and available resources has been so stagnant and mediocre for over 3 decades?

You should take everything into account when looking at those things. Thirty years ago, the school was much different. The enrollment was much different. The level of football was much different. The facilities were much different. Over three decades is much longer than Teis and Withers have been here. Historically, Texas State football has been mediocre. Not bad, not good, but mediocre. Sure there have been good years, a handful of great years sprinkled in, and some bad years, but overall, it's been mediocre. That doesn't fall on Teis' or Withers' shoulders.

It's important to note that before Teis was hired, Texas State football had one winning season in the previous twelve years. One in twelve years. In Teis' first full year, Texas State went 11-3 in football. Out of Teis' first twelve years, the football program had four winning seasons. Four for Teis compared to one over the same amount of time before Teis was here. Just as important, in four other seasons out of those twelve under Teis, Texas State was one more win from having a winning season. To summarize, Teis took over what had been a shit football program for the previous twelve years, turned it into having winning seasons 33% of the time, and had another 33% of seasons where the team was one win away from having winning seasons (meaning they were at least average). Football for the first twelve years under Teis greatly improved compared to what it had been before his arrival. It went from bad to average.

Then, it's important to note that four of those twelve seasons were as a brand new FBS program. We've gone over this on the board before, but overall, Texas State's first four years in FBS were successful. Getting bowl eligible two out of your first four seasons in FBS is an accomplishment. Sure, you can argue that Marshall, Georgia Southern, Boise, etc. were more successful immediately after their transition, but the fact is that Texas State's first four seasons as an FBS were better than the norm and better than could have been expected.

Now, look at the last three years (all under Withers). Sure, these years are part of Teis' legacy and responsibility. However, the results under Withers have been far, far worse than the twelve other years of football under Teis. Did Teis suddenly hamstring a coach, stop doing his job, and stop providing the necessary support for a head football coach even though the head coaches in the previous twelve years had average results? That doesn't seem likely or even logical. What does seem feasible is that Teis/Trauth made a bad hire in Withers, as the three years have been the worst three year stretch of football in Texas State's history. I'll repeat that: since Texas State started playing a football schedule in 1919, Withers' three years have been the worst stretch in the history of Texas State football.

Knowing all of that information, what do you think is the biggest issue with Texas State football?

1) There is a long history of mediocrity
2) The previous head coach was average in the transition to FBS even with inferior facilities
3) The current AD was average in football for twelve years before the new head coach arrived
4) The new head coach has led Texas State to the worst three year stretch in the school's history

In other words, the current AD and previous head coach showed that they can at least live up to the school's history of being mediocre. Those two, with undeniable evidence, showed they can at least be average. The current head coach hasn't shown that he can be average, hasn't even shown that he can be bad, but rather, has only shown the ability to be awful. If the current head coach could simply live up to what the previous head coach did for four years and what the current athletic director did with football for twelve years, Texas State fans would be discussing if simply getting to two bowls in four years is acceptable and wondering if a change should happen so that the Bobcats can go from simply getting into bowls to becoming the top of the conference and getting votes in the top 25. Wouldn't that be a nice problem to have?

Now, I know this seems like a defense of Teis. It isn't intended to be that way. Clearly, there is a failure from his office in many aspects as the overwhelming number of fans on this board have voiced. I, personally, am not too familiar with those complaints, but they obviously are real and with at least some sort of merit. But the biggest issue with Texas State Football is not the previous coach, the current AD, or the president. It is the head coach.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:29 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So, to "counter point" RunFaster's "point", LT brought us up from bad, to meh. Seems like he has reached his ceiling.

A leader should constantly be grading/assessing the people that report to them. It seems to me that if you wanted to make a change, it's just $$ that stands in the way. It may be just a bit premature to make a ruling on EW, but from what I've seen, it's not looking good. LT has reached his ceiling. DT seems to be at the status quo until retirement.

There's PLENTY of blame to go around EVERYWHERE!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next