Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Teis and Withers Official Reviews 
SuperCat

Post Re: Teis and Withers Official Reviews
run faster wrote:
In providing these emails, I can only highly urge you guys to not put the focus on Teis. Regardless of what is said or how much negative feedback they get from Texas State fans, he is untouchable at this point. Once you start it on Teis, it will fall upon deaf ears, and the cause will be ruined. Sure, mention the apathy and frustration with Texas State Athletics and don't avoid mentioning Teis. But if you put him as your main focus, your biggest gripe, and the thing you want action taken against the most, you will lose. All of those things need to be on Withers, as he is the one the board and Trauth have discussed, along with two major boosters, removing.

Take what you can now. If a new football coach comes in here and has issues with Teis, that will be what removes him.

Rosanna Salazar: [email protected]
William Scott: [email protected]
Charlie Amato: [email protected]
Garry Crain: [email protected]
Dr. Veronica Muzquiz Edwards: [email protected] and/or [email protected]
Dr. Jaime Garza: [email protected]
David Montagne: [email protected]
Vernon Reaser: [email protected]

Thanks for the emails but I'll focus on Teis as much as I want. This is not just about football.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
In providing these emails, I can only highly urge you guys to not put the focus on Teis. Regardless of what is said or how much negative feedback they get from Texas State fans, he is untouchable at this point.

Question: Why in your view is Teis untouchable at this point?

Is it his recently signed contract?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jimbobway wrote:
Thanks for the emails but I'll focus on Teis as much as I want. This is not just about football.

That's fine, but enjoy wasting your time.

There is a reason I had access to those emails within 10 seconds. There is a reason why your lot in life is where it is. When somebody knows far more about a particular subject, it's best to heed his advice.

If you want to vent to feel better, have at it in the emails. As I said, you will be accomplishing nothing other than wasting your time. If you want faster change - at least in the football program - your focus needs to be on Wither.

It's simple: focus on Teis as your biggest gripe, and we are stuck with both Teis and Withers for at least another 14 months. Focus on Wither as your biggest gripe, and he can be out within 60 days. Yes, you'll be stuck with Teis still, but if a new coach comes in with complaints about him, he will be on the chopping block faster than the two years you're stuck with him at the minimum.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 pm
SuperCat

My lot in life? Did I touch a nerve? Is that you Larry?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:

It is a mix of things including Trauth not having displeasure with what he has done in his position, his contract, and most of all, support from a few of the very biggest boosters. And the board is aware of those things.

He isn't going anywhere regardless of how many people email the board about him (assuming there isn't some sort of revelation regarding an inappropriate act by him). On the other hand, there have been discussions about letting Withers go after this season with Trauth, Teis, and some very big boosters all involved.

So as I said, if you want to focus on Teis, fine. Enjoy your venting session. If you do that, it takes the focus off of Withers, in which case, you're stuck with Teis for a minimum of two years (most likely more) and Withers for at least another year. If you put the focus on Withers, action could be taken within the next 60 days. Yes, you're still stuck with Teis for at least 14 more months in that case. If the new coach has complaints, Teis could be gone at that point. If the new coach bombs in his first two seasons (so basically 2 year and two months), Teis very well could be gone.

The fastest and biggest impact these emails could have would be to focus on Withers. You're stuck with Teis for a minimum of two years regardless. By focusing on Withers, there is a chance a new coach could come in and have Teis gone between 14 months and 26 months, all while having a new coach for next year.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
run faster wrote:
In providing these emails, I can only highly urge you guys to not put the focus on Teis. Regardless of what is said or how much negative feedback they get from Texas State fans, he is untouchable at this point.

Because he's Larry's lackey. His/her name can probably be found on this list. https://txstatebobcats.com/staff.aspx Maybe jessica Henry? Tracy Hoover?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:

Rosanna Salazar: [email protected]
William Scott: [email protected]
Charlie Amato: [email protected]
Garry Crain: [email protected]
Dr. Veronica Muzquiz Edwards: [email protected] and/or [email protected]
Dr. Jaime Garza: [email protected]
David Montagne: [email protected]
Vernon Reaser: [email protected]

Run Faster, I will take your comments into consideration. Thank you for providing these contacts.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Eh, he's an arrogant prick who has a thing against Withers.

That could describe most of this board right now.

Doesn't mean he can't be right. Also doesn't mean he is automatically right.

I got no information one way or the other about it, so I'm interested in things that are fact based or at least sound reasonable.

Given that I have heard a few times from a few people about Teis not liking Withers, that sort of thing sounds reasonable. Still don't know if it's true or not, but it's an interesting wrinkle to ponder.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm thinking about going a different route. I'm fixing to research other universities and see if there are any successful examples on pressing change at the president and ad positions. It would be good to get ideas on how to properly approach the issue. Jimbobway I think you are going about your communication the right way. Everything you said sounds like a logical way of approaching these decision makers.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

And if jimbobway wants to post a boilerplate e-mail, that might be useful for others to send similar emails. In this case, the quantity will drive home the point more than the quality.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

My $.02 - I don't think emails are the way to go unless that is a supplement to actual written letters, telegrams ( I need to look into this one for nostalgia's sake) and/or phone calls.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cpwhite wrote:
My $.02 - I don't think emails are the way to go unless that is a supplement to actual written letters, telegrams ( I need to look into this one for nostalgia's sake) and/or phone calls.

Fax machines.

That's a great trick for getting the attention of your state elected officials. Faxes are rare enough that someone always picks them up and physically looks at them rather than ignoring email.

Conventional snail mail is also effective, especially if you do handwritten (type out what you want to say, but transpose to handwritten as it conveys that you took a lot of time).

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thanks grandpas!

Why not etch it in stone tablets while you're at it?

Sheesh!

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Why go after Larry instead of Withers?

Because I'm tired of being on this hamster wheel with the ENTIRE athletic department. Withers is in charge of winning football games. I want more than that. I want fan/booster development, quality hires across the board, raising money for new/better facilities, better media relations, a real athletic department. Besides, without all of the above, we could hire a great coach and he would quickly be gone. Lets start making some money, packing the stands, and building facilities (indoor practice) to retain the right hire that we will eventually make.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm
SuperCat

LT Spider wrote:
Why go after Larry instead of Withers?

Because I'm tired of being on this hamster wheel with the ENTIRE athletic department. Withers is in charge of winning football games. I want more than that. I want fan/booster development, quality hires across the board, raising money for new/better facilities, better media relations, a real athletic department. Besides, without all of the above, we could hire a great coach and he would quickly be gone. Lets start making some money, packing the stands, and building facilities (indoor practice) to retain the right hire that we will eventually make.

a real athletic department

I'm tired of Texas State being a laughingstock when it comes to athletics. My friends that went to UH, UT, Baylor, etc. don't take us seriously in anything and I'm ready for that shit to stop. I could handle losing better if we had our shit together, but that is not the case. Just getting rid of Withers is treating the symptom and not the disease.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next