Teis and Withers Official Reviews 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Teis and Withers Official Reviews
It's all here. Employment Contract, Goals, Objectives. Metrics etc. Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/RememberF5/status/1050429292142911488

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: Teis and Withers Official Reviews
Pretty f'ing hilarious that Trauth calls it the Bubba's Cup
:oops: :lol: :shock:

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

This is evidence Trauth does not care about the on the field/court performance of our revenue generating teams. The subjective metrics used for football goals is nonsense. She has to go along with Teis. I don't know the mechanism to remove a university president but some heat needs to be put on the Chancellor and Board of Regents by people who have their ears.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatSideEye wrote:
Pretty f'ing hilarious that Trauth calls it the Bubba's Cup
:oops: :lol: :shock:

:shock:

Becoming painfully obvious she's a part of the problem. And possibly a large part.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You can clearly see where their priorities lie with withers: goal 1 is academic performance. Goal 2 is to maintain FBS status. :|

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

https://www.tsus.edu/regents.html. Is there anyone here that has a relationship with someone on the board of regents?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 pm
SuperCat

I don't know anyone on the board, but I plan to start writing each of them individually to express my frustration in terms that might get their attention - Texas State's abysmal athletics performance and empty stadiums on television reflect poorly on the national profile of the school as a whole.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Good suggestion jimbobway. Agree or not (and clearly the administration at Texas State doesn't agree), success in athletics is monumental in - gaining visibility for a university; building a recognized brand and accompanying respect that opens doors on many levels; and galvanizing, in our case, a huge and completely apathetic alumni base and generating revenue.

Respectful but honest letters to the Board of Regents makes perfect sense.

On a separate note...So o.k., for fun, let's just say that an empty stadium on a Thusday night might be the result "travel", "work night", etc. influences on the fan base (it's 30 minutes to Austin and 50 minutes to San Antonio, but let's just pretend). We had an essentially empty student section with an enrollment approaching 40,000. I'm not sure but I think that student tickets are free as well. Holy shit, for anyone to doubt that LT's 14 year leadership void hasn't created a culture of losing and apathy that has been damaging to the university is delusional. Shit!

Sorry for bouncing around but I started typing and just got pissed off.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:37 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I live literally five minutes from the stadium. I could have gone. But all I could think about was how pissed off I would be after watching another shitshow and probably have that mood carry over to Friday.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:00 am
SuperCat

Well there's no email addresses listed, but I found this:
https://www.tsus.edu/about-tsus/contact.html

I spoke to someone at the main office in Austin, they took my name and number and told me someone from the Chancellor's office would call me back. Gonna keep it polite and concise but feel free to chime in with anything specific you guys think it would help me to say.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

jimbobway wrote:
Well there's no email addresses listed, but I found this:
https://www.tsus.edu/about-tsus/contact.html

I spoke to someone at the main office in Austin, they took my name and number and told me someone from the Chancellor's office would call me back. Gonna keep it polite and concise but feel free to chime in with anything specific you guys think it would help me to say.

Let us know how that goes Jimbo and I'll possibly follow suit.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:32 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Just a suggestion: I wouldn't focus on the lack of winning in the revenue sports.

I'd take a look at his contract and address issues from that standpoint:

- Donors leaving in droves
- His rapport with donors (or lack thereof)
- The unprofessional powerpoint they used to celebrate the 2008 team.

At the end of the day, wins are not important to the university. Nobody would really care if we were 0-12 but getting all kinds of positive publicity. However, the donors leaving WILL get their attention. The empty suites WILL get their attention.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

In providing these emails, I can only highly urge you guys to not put the focus on Teis. Regardless of what is said or how much negative feedback they get from Texas State fans, he is untouchable at this point. Once you start it on Teis, it will fall upon deaf ears, and the cause will be ruined. Sure, mention the apathy and frustration with Texas State Athletics and don't avoid mentioning Teis. But if you put him as your main focus, your biggest gripe, and the thing you want action taken against the most, you will lose. All of those things need to be on Withers, as he is the one the board and Trauth have discussed, along with two major boosters, removing.

Take what you can now. If a new football coach comes in here and has issues with Teis, that will be what removes him.

Rosanna Salazar: [email protected]
William Scott: [email protected]
Charlie Amato: [email protected]
Garry Crain: [email protected]
Dr. Veronica Muzquiz Edwards: [email protected] and/or [email protected]
Dr. Jaime Garza: [email protected]
David Montagne: [email protected]
Vernon Reaser: [email protected]

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:56 am
SuperCat

TheRevSWT wrote:
Just a suggestion: I wouldn't focus on the lack of winning in the revenue sports.

I'd take a look at his contract and address issues from that standpoint:

- Donors leaving in droves
- His rapport with donors (or lack thereof)
- The unprofessional powerpoint they used to celebrate the 2008 team.

At the end of the day, wins are not important to the university. Nobody would really care if we were 0-12 but getting all kinds of positive publicity. However, the donors leaving WILL get their attention. The empty suites WILL get their attention.

Agree - the info I gave on the first call was that I'm concerned that the overall picture of athletics is diminishing the value and prestige of my degree, and specifically we should not be giving raises to people who are failing but should be seeking people with vision and capability. I pointed out I drove from Austin yesterday to attend a nationally televised game in an empty stadium, and there is no positive way to spin that and it is emblematic of the current state of affairs.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 pm