TXST Leadership: Orchestrating Change 
True Bobcat Fan

Post TXST Leadership: Orchestrating Change
Alright so I listened to the interview and it’s now more apparent than ever that our leadership is going to play the victim and will roll on anyone or anything to keep the seat at the table; that was 100% an attempt at damage control . The weakest link of our athletic department showed itself today in that interview and they are going to do everything in their power to keep their jobs. Media, fans, alumni, and students turned up the heat and we got a reaction.

If you want to see results going forward, then everyone needs to work together and we need to be extremely respectful in our approach by supplying as much information as possible depicting Teis and Trauths weaknesses as well as performance shortfalls. I don’t think you get anywhere being volatile on message boards. I don’t think you get anywhere being ugly on social media. I think we get results working constructively to get our message out there by gathering the necessary data on their performance vs results and comparing them to their peers. People like Will Butler, Keff Ciardello, Brent Thibodeaux, Tyler Mayforth, Cedric Golden , Nick Castillo, etc need to be reached out to for building a case towards our current President and AD. There has to be good approachable contacts such as previous coach, players and athletic personnel for additional information. Think... what can we use to educate the Texas State tribe. Anyways long story short build an informative message and distribute that into the student body and alumni circles; we need to work off our strength and that’s our numbers.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Re: TXST Leadership: Orchestrating Change
I think the biggest factor is going to be getting the student body involved. Like someone mentioned earlier, most of them are far too apathetic too care, and don't even know who Teis is. But if we can show them the inefficiencies, nobody can beat the uproar of an angry student body with wasted athletic fees, especially when the majority of the athletic department's budget comes from student fees.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

My biggest fear with getting the students to use their Athletics fee as a bathing chip, is that the group of students that are already pissed that they pay an athletic fee would use that movement to lower the fee or get rid of it. We really can't afford that at this point in time.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
My biggest fear with getting the students to use their Athletics fee as a bathing chip, is that the group of students that are already pissed that they pay an athletic fee would use that movement to lower the fee or get rid of it. We really can't afford that at this point in time.

With the rising cost of tuition and student debt, this is a lawsuit or vote away from going away.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 am
Junior Bobcat

When the students voted for this athletic fee I'm sure it was with the intent of being part of a winner and a recognizable brand. They have not gotten the return on their investment and it's time to put the heat on the Administration responsible for those shortcomings.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Students couldn't care less who our AD is or what our football team does. I have conversations with students every week (taxi, remember? :lol: :lol: ).

However, the concerted effort to start with the BOR involvement is what is causing this engagement from the powers that be to listen to grievances.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:05 pm