Kendal Briles 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Kendal Briles
Is the answer as your next head coach. I know Kendal and the guy is a rising star who would quickly turn the program around and put Texas State Football where it should be. Kendal stayed employed at Baylor and has been completely exhonerated by the NCAA in any sanctions that will come against Baylor. I know alot of people read things about Baylor and lump him in with things that happened and he is completely clean.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Kendal Briles
spinks wrote:
he is completely clean.

false

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

No it isn't false. When he is vetted by any school the NCAA investigation is closed and the NCAA has declared all assistants free and clear of any penalties.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

that simply means there wasn't enough evidence produced. shocker, because not enough evidence was produced for the ncaa to do anything to anyone. why? because the school wouldn't allow a proper investigation. fuck baylor and their holier than thou bullshit. they'll march into church every sunday, and burn in hell for eternity.

kendall was absolutely involved in the coverup, and was extremely vocal about how his shitbag father was being railroaded out of town. he blatantly used the promise of sex to recruit. he provided alcohol and drugs to recruits and took them to strip clubs. he intimidated accusers who came forward. nevermind that the ncaa already nailed him for recruiting violations.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm
SuperCat

Clean or not ... he’s a big NO as far as I’m concerned. We don’t need any of that baggage...whether he was involved or not is not relevant. We have enough issues already.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

He will be a large part of the discussion so prepare yourself. And prepare to win.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:23 pm
SuperCat

This is a very odd thread... You aren't a fan of TXST, but come here saying we should hire this guy...?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hiring Briles would be the most anti-Teis thing ever, and after today's interview, he's not changing his mindset whatsoever.
Teis HATES bad press, so what makes you think he'll hire someone with 2 suitcases and a carry-on?

We don't have to prepare ourselves, because it'll never happen. Besides, I believe we tried going after Applewhite when Fran left, but he turned us down to remain the OC at UH. Remaining at UH will benefit up and coming coaches FAR more than coming to Texas State and try and correct whatever the fuck is happening right now. The Applewhite deal demonstrated this.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
Besides, I believe we tried going after Applewhite when Fran left, but he turned us down to remain the OC at UH.

negative.
herman was hired at ut on nov 27
applewhaite was promoted at uh on dec 9
fran resigned dec 22

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
Larry Teis wrote:
Besides, I believe we tried going after Applewhite when Fran left, but he turned us down to remain the OC at UH.

negative.
herman was hired at ut on nov 27
applewhaite was promoted at uh on dec 9
fran resigned dec 22

I'm not sure what you're trying to disprove? Applewhite was Herman's OC at UH from 2015 to 2016.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
Hiring Briles would be the most anti-Teis thing ever, and after today's interview, he's not changing his mindset whatsoever.
Teis HATES bad press, so what makes you think he'll hire someone with 2 suitcases and a carry-on?

We don't have to prepare ourselves, because it'll never happen. Besides, I believe we tried going after Applewhite when Fran left, but he turned us down to remain the OC at UH. Remaining at UH will benefit up and coming coaches FAR more than coming to Texas State and try and correct whatever the fuck is happening right now. The Applewhite deal demonstrated this.

I would be so much more pleased if when you talked, you referred to yourself in first person.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to disprove? Applewhite was Herman's OC at UH from 2015 to 2016.

my bad - total brain cramp. completely ignored years. hadn't even started drinking when i posted that either. i guess i've always assumed our "attempts" were in passing. also, everyone knew herman was leaving by october, and applewhite would be high on the list. still, no excuse for my blunder. :oops:

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

spinks wrote:
He will be a large part of the discussion so prepare yourself. And prepare to win.

Not so sure what makes you so sure about either of these points.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

I don't see how Teis would hire Briles but I know people would like it if he did.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 am