Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Teis & Trauth's interview with KTSW 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Teis & Trauth's interview with KTSW
Teis and Trauth are so clueless that it is mildly insane. Did they really think that they were getting ahead of the shit storm brewing on social media with this interview? I think this only adds fuel to the fire of our upset fan base.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:21 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

mexibat31 wrote:
Teis and Trauth are so clueless that it is mildly insane. Did they really think that they were getting ahead of the shit storm brewing on social media with this interview? I think this only adds fuel to the fire of our upset fan base.

Piggybacking on this, who do these people surround themselves with that are so incompetent to allow an interview with the university's own radio station go so poorly? There are just so many levels of incompetence. I've been on the fire teis bandwagon for a decade and am firmly on the fire trauth bandwagon now.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think you're missing the point of the interview.

It wasn't to address concerns about donations, marketing, and poor coaching hires.

It was to say "Everyone that is complaining is wrong, and they don't care about anything but football, while we care about everything."

Also, as I listen to the interview again today, I've come up with the following takeaways:

1. Teis isn't going anywhere (this was known)
2. Withers is safe this year, regardless.
3. Trauth is perfectly content with our athletic program.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 pm
SuperCat

It's pretty evident the attitude was one of "well we have to do something" and now that they've made a token gesture they clearly assume they will just wait a bit for this to blow over, and pretend like everything is fine again. How insulting to hand me a degree and then treat me like I'm too dumb to smell bullshit.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

mexibat31 wrote:
Teis and Trauth are so clueless that it is mildly insane.

there's nothing mild about it. they make me want to stomp kittens.

do y'all not remember the completely amateur powerpoint that they put together as their presentation to c-usa? ignoring the weak/poor selling points, the actual presentation was so poorly put together that my 1st thought was: my 9yo daughter would have done a better job with this.

they also couldn't figure out how to leverage our 100k+ alumni in 4 of the top 40 media markets. unlike middle tenn's presentation, which did exactly that, showing how their alumni lived in nashville, atlanta, louisville, charlotte & louisville. note that this is their #1 excuse as to why we were never going to get the bid - utsa had the sa media market, and we had none.

there was also almost zero correspondence between larry/denise and cusa. quite literally less than a handful of emails. i know, because i'm the one who did the foi requests. their explanation was that larry had made his case over the phone or in person, which is complete bullshit, because even if the actual pitches were made in person, arrangements are made via email, and there simply weren't any (maybe 1 that mentioned something about seeing the cusa commish or rep at an upcoming event).

the mindset that we can't because we haven't or don't comes from the top, and nothing illustrates that more than the weak tit, least possible effort, attempt to get to cusa. they knew they were safe going with uncle karl, so long as they didn't try too hard to go somewhere else, so they didn't, because they didn't believe in this university, or it's alumni.

goddamn that gets me so mad just thinking back to all that.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think folks would look WAY more favorably at Teis if he gave ANY indication that he was actively fighting for the betterment of Texas State.

If Saul's request showed that Larry was in constant contact with CUSA and did all they could to make it happen, I'd cut Larry some slack. It'd let us (and him) know what we needed to work on to get in a better position for the next time a realignment.

But this interview reinforces their mindset: There's no need to pursue it... If another conference wants you, then they will call you, so why bother calling them?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Going back to that first question, which I agree with Rev was a stupid question and a lose-lose question to begin with...the answer should have just been something simple and prepared like:

"yeah we did everything we could to put ourselves in the best conference we could, we feel good about where we're at in the Sun Belt, but our biggest priority for us now is to win a bunch of SBC championships so that when realignment comes around again or an opportunity presents itself, we're the most attractive school to move up."

Instead he bumbles on for 5 minutes like he's never been in front of a microphone before Trauth jumps in to try so save him. It's pretty amazing that in America, you can make that much money being so ill-prepared and clueless.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

They didn't give a shit. Teis was friends with the WAC commish headed to the SBC and probably had a handshake agreement he had a spot secured. They made a half ass showing to say they tried to go to CUSA but I think Teis knew that Benson gave us our shot in the WAC and had loyalty to that.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
I think folks would look WAY more favorably at Teis if he gave ANY indication that he was actively fighting for the betterment of Texas State.

If Saul's request showed that Larry was in constant contact with CUSA and did all they could to make it happen, I'd cut Larry some slack. It'd let us (and him) know what we needed to work on to get in a better position for the next time a realignment.

But this interview reinforces their mindset: There's no need to pursue it... If another conference wants you, then they will call you, so why bother calling them?

Exactly. Showing a little fight would go a long way with me. He shows none of what its going to take to turn this athletic department and fanbase into a winner. Organizations often take on the personality of its leader. This is clearly the case here. Notice that almost nobody is rushing to his defense. That is because he has reached out to so few people over the years that nobody has a personal connection to vouch for how hard he tries or how much he cares. This is a toxic situation at this point and the university needs to move on. Based on that interview, he is clearly not capable of digging out of this hole.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:52 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Failure is just an opportunity to improve. But you have to know what to improve on be better prepared.

Teis prefers to think everything happens outside of his control. That way, he doesn't have to take ownership of failures.

He thinks college athletics is like the weather. You can't control when it rains.

When the reality it, college athletics is like a garden... You need to know what predictions are coming up in the weather and prepare your garden to weather the storm and still ensure a good harvest.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The Presser just validates the "state of TXST" is summed up by a poem....

Charge of the Light Brigade

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
You clearly misunderstood what I was trying to say.

He does that a lot. Reading 1101 was never his forte apparently.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SATXST wrote:
Someone posted via twitter teis most recently (September 1) signed a contract extension through 2022. Buy out is one year if his salary $329k. Think about that.
Ps. I’m sure withers listened to this interview and if I were him I’d be on the war path. Most of the football references were teis throwing EW under the bus for how he rebuilded.

You mean to tell me Teis is evaluating a direct report on their job performance and his direct report should "go on the war path?"

I don't know, maybe said direct report should be trying to keep his own job instead of going on the warpath? Plus, that's a taste of Withers' own medicine administered by someone that could fire him at any time for any reason and has plenty of ammunition to do so based on performance metrics. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Am I the only one who finds it funny that this was a phone interview from Trauth's office to KTSW when it's a 0.3 Mile, 6 minute walk across campus from one office to the other?

Impersonal much?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/601+University+Drive,+San+Marcos,+TX/Trinity,+203+Pleasant+St,+San+Marcos,+TX+78666/@29.8899473,-97.9424348,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x865ca86eccfc633d:0x118f052fb72b8125!2m2!1d-97.9430682!2d29.8888838!1m5!1m1!1s0x865ca86a29de9aeb:0xcffdd1d7f6c29144!2m2!1d-97.9397724!2d29.8910362!3e2

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Someone posted via twitter teis most recently (September 1) signed a contract extension through 2022. Buy out is one year if his salary $329k. Think about that.
Ps. I’m sure withers listened to this interview and if I were him I’d be on the war path. Most of the football references were teis throwing EW under the bus for how he rebuilded.

You mean to tell me Teis is evaluating a direct report on their job performance and his direct report should "go on the war path?"

I don't know, maybe said direct report should be trying to keep his own job instead of going on the warpath? Plus, that's a taste of Withers' own medicine administered by someone that could fire him at any time for any reason and has plenty of ammunition to do so based on performance metrics. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Rater than "evaluate" EW on the student-run station that the school controls, LT should do his job and evaluate/hold EW accountable when and where it matters.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next