Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Teis & Trauth's interview with KTSW 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Teis & Trauth's interview with KTSW
SATXST wrote:
Someone posted via twitter teis most recently (September 1) signed a contract extension through 2022. Buy out is one year if his salary $329k. Think about that.
Ps. I’m sure withers listened to this interview and if I were him I’d be on the war path. Most of the football references were teis throwing EW under the bus for how he rebuilded.

This is something that I didn't even think of. Hah. They threw his ass under the bus. He can't be happy about that.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SATXST wrote:
Via will butler on Twitter:
Will
@barrick4heisman: we’ll have more details for you soon @RememberF5, but we have received documents that show #TXST AD Larry Teis signed his most recent contract last month on September 1, and it goes until 2022. His buyout is a years worth of salary ($329k). Take the post as you will. But I don’t doubt it’s factual if he’s posting this.

Ps. I just transcribed the text from the twitter post cause I’m not sure how to post it.

Wow. If That's true what a complete shit show. How embarrassing.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm
Junior Bobcat

LSU Bobcat wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Someone posted via twitter teis most recently (September 1) signed a contract extension through 2022. Buy out is one year if his salary $329k. Think about that.
Ps. I’m sure withers listened to this interview and if I were him I’d be on the war path. Most of the football references were teis throwing EW under the bus for how he rebuilded.

This is something that I didn't even think of. Hah. They threw his ass under the bus. He can't be happy about that.

Also not a good look for the AD in regards to future coaches coming here. Who wants to work for an AD that calls out the head coach especially when that AD has so many deficiencies??

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Via will butler on Twitter:
Will
@barrick4heisman: we’ll have more details for you soon @RememberF5, but we have received documents that show #TXST AD Larry Teis signed his most recent contract last month on September 1, and it goes until 2022. His buyout is a years worth of salary ($329k). Take the post as you will. But I don’t doubt it’s factual if he’s posting this.

Ps. I just transcribed the text from the twitter post cause I’m not sure how to post it.

Wow. If That's true what a complete shit show. How embarrassing.

It really all depends on what you are taskign him with. If his job is not based on improving all sports, then he's doing a helluva job. He would deserve an extension.

That's why I have now decided that Trauth needs to change her criteria or move on herself.

This interview did NOTHING to help that perception.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

:D This interview really changed my mind on her. It's sad she's even getting involved with this. Let your AD be a big boy and handle this on his own. It's clear she has no idea what to do with athletics.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

My reactions after listening to this twice now:
1) The responses to questions were honest but clueless... Not quite tragic but close.
2) It's obviously easier to get a PhD than I had previously thought.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cpwhite wrote:
2) It's obviously easier to get a PhD than I had previously thought.

Whow whow whow. Let's not get carried away too far. :lol: It all depends on the field. I'm guessing Larry's is in jackassery.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I have always supported the president and think she has done a great job of managing growth and increasing the quality (and quantity) of our academic programs. It’s difficult to accept more students and increase quality at the same time. Athletics was always her weak spot but I overlooked it because of the other positives that are the most important part of her job.

But, now we are looking at the next step for our university. Part of having a major university is an athletic department that will help with name recognition, branding, alumni involvement, school spirit, etc. As some say, it’s the front porch of a university. Well our front porch looks like shit. It’s a great house on the inside but nobody knows it because that porch looks like the neighbors house from the burbs.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm listening to the interview now.... And did I hear Larry say he was downstairs meeting with the Cajuns AD during hte press conference?

I mean, in spite of the photographic evidence that he was leaving the game before the press conference started?

Did Larry just Trump us?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Couldnt help myself.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.26.04 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.26.04 PM.jpg [ 113.9 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LT Spider wrote:
But, now we are looking at the next step for our university. Part of having a major university is an athletic department that will help with name recognition, branding, alumni involvement, school spirit, etc. As some say, it’s the front porch of a university. Well our front porch looks like shit. It’s a great house on the inside but nobody knows it because that porch looks like the neighbors house from the burbs.

The same number of friends and associates up here in Oregon have heard of (from any other sources than myself) Texas State from when were were an FCS school to today. ZERO

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Realistically, for us to warrant a move to the AAC, we'd need to triple or quadruple our budget.

That's in addition to actually being competitive in the big 4 guys.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter. We should be striving to become less focused on student fees, and improving all our facilities in addition to quality of play. Doing that is regardless of if another conference invites us.

It just so happens that us becoming more successful in this conference and raising the university profile is also what needs for us to become attractive to another conference.

In essence, the conference affiliation is a byproduct of us being successful, which should be what we are striving for.

If we had gone to AAC straight from SLC even with Larry and bun recruiting would be far from an issue right now. We would rangle in all mid to high 3***s with the occasional 4**** and even win some games wit even the Everettwithers show at the helm

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

Trauth yesterday "I know that we are capable of doing better than we are doing."

She didn't say 'I thought we'd be better.' She said that we are missing the mark. That begs the question.. What is she doing about it?

She's giving Teis rosey performance evaluations. (Will Butler has the scoop on that)

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

I find it hilarious that, around the 18:00 minute mark, when asked what can be done to make the programs better and inspire interest, there is a moment of silence followed by Trauth reading back the question, flabbergasted as to it's meaning ("...'interest????'").

EW is not the problem, he's a symptom. LT is the problem, and Trauth is the enabler. They really don't care about the performance of the team because it has so little to do with the metrics by which their success is evaluated. So long as they stumble into a mediocre season every half decade to a decade they can point to something that will buy themselves enough time to keep this heist going.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am
Bobcat Wannabe

BobcatProud wrote:
Couldnt help myself.

Please make these available for sale

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next