The (Texas) State of Affairs 
True Bobcat Fan

Post The (Texas) State of Affairs
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/9mv9ed/the_texas_state_of_affairs/?utm_source=reddit-android

They got a few minor details wrong but overall decent summary of the way things are going in San Marcos.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: The (Texas) State of Affairs
Im glad that this movement is starting to pick up some steam. It will be interesting to hear what Teis and Trauth have to say... and see whether they try to acknowledge our concerns or once again, wave us off and gloss over their shortcomings.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

"Matters got worse when the Texas State Athletic Department decided to post an edited version of the presser"
I guess I totally missed that this happened. If true, this is totally unacceptable. I can't believe this would happen at Texas State. No university can defend this position. It appears they have circled the wagons and are going to defend the institution using any means. At a university!!!!!!

This pisses me off more than anything that has happened to date. Trauth can not allow this crap.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 am
SuperCat

Maybe anecdotal, as I'm just an occasional poster on here and on /r/CFB, but it seems to me that there's been more online traffic and attention on this situation recently than there has been in a long time. An alumni friend of mine that has never cared a whit about any of the athletics actually asked me "hey what's going on at Texas State lately? some kind of football problems I heard?"
Granted, that statement could be accurate if stated...pretty much any time at all, and she's friends with the same folks I am, who are all talking about it, but it seems that even people that don't pay attention are at least noticing the chatter, which can only be a good thing. Moving the conversations in Trauth's office from "the same disgruntled fans on Bobcatfans are still disgruntled" to "hey people in general are starting to notice this dumpster is actually on fire right now and has been burning for years" might finally make a difference. Coupled with the banner and the tie cutting campaign, I'm letting myself feel a glimmer of hope. Is this train of change actually starting to inch along the tracks? Or am I deluding myself?

:cat:

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

If the Cut Ties with Teis campaign picks up steam and there is a significant amount of people wearing them to games, it will definitely move the conversation from "same old disgruntled bobcatfans posters" to "hey we have to do something, this is embarrassing".

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

The sad part is we've been at the "hey we have to do something, this is embarrassing" part for a while. The apathy towards athletics (you know, national exposure and a way to drum up support from alumni) from our university is pathetic.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The problem is the coaching hire for attendance and donations, I think.

Fran, above all else, was good at talking to donors and talking with the media.

In comes Withers, who is from all indications not a fan of either of those groups and sees them as a sad but necessary evil. Which is fine, if you're winning (see Belicheck and Pop). But when you talk about not wanting to be patient and not wasting any time in changing the culture, but produce back to back 2-10 seasons, followed up with a 1-4 season that realistically should be 3-2 at this point (I think that both USA and UTSA were infinitely winnable, but in those cases coaching took us out of it) AND a game where we just got literally embarrassed in the first half... You can't really sell a culture change.

I am afraid at this point, the damage has been done, and a new regime is NECESSARY to win back the fans (or some form of miracle turnaround where we go on an undefeated tear) and even then, I don't know if that will win back some of the big fish we've most likely lost.

(I say most likely because with a 50% decline in donations, I can't fathom it just being the "little fish" leaving. It has to be the big fish. And I am assuming Fields left the fold like he threatened to do, but have no confirmation of that).

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Canaquedista Man wrote:
"Matters got worse when the Texas State Athletic Department decided to post an edited version of the presser"
I guess I totally missed that this happened. If true, this is totally unacceptable. I can't believe this would happen at Texas State. No university can defend this position. It appears they have circled the wagons and are going to defend the institution using any means. At a university!!!!!!

This pisses me off more than anything that has happened to date. Trauth can not allow this crap.

Wow. I just read this part. Is this really posted on the website with part edited out?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I didn't know Fields threatened to stop donating. Would be hilarious if he did.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:

This was during the Withers hire.

Going purely off memory, he was pissed with the Withers hire, and that he wasn't involved at all in the process. Said, (and I'm paraphrasing) that his donations were wasted money and he won't do it anymore.

Fuck, now that I think of it.... Was it Fields? I can't remember for sure, but I am like 80% sure it was. It was all on twitter. So if you look up his handle, I'm sure its still there. I don't see Fields as a big time tweeter.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm
Junior Bobcat

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Wow. I just read this part. Is this really posted on the website with part edited out?

https://youtu.be/aAbYxzmMLpw

From the official YouTube page.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:

This was during the Withers hire.

Going purely off memory, he was pissed with the Withers hire, and that he wasn't involved at all in the process. Said, (and I'm paraphrasing) that his donations were wasted money and he won't do it anymore.

Fuck, now that I think of it.... Was it Fields? I can't remember for sure, but I am like 80% sure it was. It was all on twitter. So if you look up his handle, I'm sure its still there. I don't see Fields as a big time tweeter.

You are correct. It was Fields.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Texas State Athletics
1 min ·
No livestream of the weekly football press conference today — we’ll have the full video up as soon as possible.

wow.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Got to get those video edits in before they post them to the website. :D

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
Texas State Athletics
1 min ·
No livestream of the weekly football press conference today — we’ll have the full video up as soon as possible.

wow.

Honestly what's there to say different this week than any other week?

"The boys tried hard..."
"The game hinged on 3x plays..."
"If we had just recovered that fumble..."

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 pm