Article on Withers' Recent Behavior 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Article on Withers' Recent Behavior
https://forgotten5.com/2018/10/08/we-ne ... xas-state/

Ladies and gents it sounds like the wheels are really coming off.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:18 am
SuperCat

Post Re: Article on Withers' Recent Behavior
That was a really good read. Cedric Golden's quote at the end cuts deep: "if you can’t sell winning and you can’t sell hope, what have you got?"
I hope concerned alumni keep the pressure on Trauth - it's never too late to do the right thing. She's probably waiting until she retires to let a new Pres choose their own AD, but why not bring a new one in and let them run with it. Give someone a chance and maybe we'll be surprised. We know it's not likely someone will be worse than Larry.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am
SuperCat

jimbobway wrote:
She's probably waiting until she retires to let a new Pres choose their own AD

Well then she needs to retire already. It's almost time to start a push to #FireTrauth too. She has been given time to make the necessary changes and if she doesn't do something soon, that will be the next step.

We need to start sending letters and emails to the board of regents.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Well then she needs to retire already. It's almost time to start a push to #FireTrauth too. She has been given time to make the necessary changes and if she doesn't do something soon, that will be the next step.

We need to start sending letters and emails to the board of regents.

It my observation, it seems like she's been doing a good job aside from the athletics. Correct me if i'm wrong on that. To the extent she has been doing a good job scholastically, she should not be fired for a failing football program.

That being said, waiting to hire someone new until she retires is illogical and careless. I hope that's not what she's doing.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am
SuperCat

Athletics is a part of the job whether she likes it or not. Not to mention, there are a lot of people that want her gone for the way she's handled race relations on campus recently. There have been other issues too.

Add it all up and it's time for fresh blood regardless.

https://forgotten5.com/2018/02/02/vote-no-confidence-texas-state-president-denise-trauth/

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 am
SuperCat

I like that idea. Letters to Teis and Trauth aren't cutting it, because they don't care and are pretty happy with things as they are right now. I think Trauth did a great job on raising the University's profile and on the academic side, and I'm proud of her for that, but the athletics side of her legacy is garbage.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am
True Bobcat Fan

she's done a good job on academics and capital improvements. not so great on leadership/political stuff, handling the greek community, or athletics.

a former frequent poster called me a couple of weeks ago about football, but in the process mentioned that many of his alumni friends w/ kids getting ready to go to college had forbid their kids to even think of applying here. now, i take that w/ a grain of salt given his political stance, but i think it's a viewpoint that many hold, and that's not a good place for us/her to be in.

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Well then she needs to retire already.

she should have retired ~5yrs ago, just after the big fundraising campaign.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
a former frequent poster called me a couple of weeks ago about football, but in the process mentioned that many of his alumni friends w/ kids getting ready to go to college had forbid their kids to even think of applying here. now, i take that w/ a grain of salt given his political stance, but i think it's a viewpoint that many hold, and that's not a good place for us/her to be in.

Saul, interesting point. I have heard the same from many of my old friends, family, & alumni who are in Texas. Personally having not lived in the state for several years I don’t have much of a feel for it one way or the other.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ruwallydog wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Saul, interesting point. I have heard the same from many of my old friends, family, & alumni who are in Texas. Personally having not lived in the state for several years I don’t have much of a feel for it one way or the other.

Not too sure about that, during parents weekend I spoke with a ton of people whose kids were 2nd-3rd generation Bobcats.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:06 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Reidiculous93 wrote:
https://forgotten5.com/2018/10/08/we-need-to-talk-about-whether-everett-withers-belongs-at-texas-state/

Ladies and gents it sounds like the wheels are really coming off.

Only thing I'd disagree with the article on is that Withers would never coach again. He has a good amount of former colleagues that would give him another look as an assistant.

Regardless though, if he has even a halfway decent financial advisor he doesn't have to ever work again with the $2M he's made and the $770K buyout on the table (not even counting whatever other savings and retirement he had saved up from UNC, OSU and JMU, which I imagine were nice paydays too).

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm definitely not going to push my daughter in any direction for school. But with the direction of academics Tx State has been headed in i'd be pretty damn happy for her to be there.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Only thing I'd disagree with the article on is that Withers would never coach again. He has a good amount of former colleagues that would give him another look as an assistant.

I agree. I think he coaches again after this. In fact, I think he would be a really good coach for an FCS Program that is already a winning program. I think he did well at JMU because of that, and I think he could do well in other places in a similar location. He’s just not the right coach to build an FBS program from nothing into a winning program. Especially not one that has the type of culture our AD has cultivated over the past 15 years.

We’re going to need an energetic, young, motivated, and determined head coach that is looking to move up quickly in their career. Honestly, with Teis remaining as AD, even that type of coach may not be able to see success.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:

I agree. I think he coaches again after this. In fact, I think he would be a really good coach for an FCS Program that is already a winning program. I think he did well at JMU because of that, and I think he could do well in other places in a similar location. He’s just not the right coach to build an FBS program from nothing into a winning program. Especially not one that has the type of culture our AD has cultivated over the past 15 years.

We’re going to need an energetic, young, motivated, and determined head coach that is looking to move up quickly in their career. Honestly, with Teis remaining as AD, even that type of coach may not be able to see success.

We're going to need more than that because outside of being young, you just described EW.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
she's done a good job on academics and capital improvements. not so great on leadership/political stuff, handling the greek community, or athletics.

I don't recall the specifics now, but something is going on with the "cover up" (I put that in quotes because... well, when I saw the article headline, it was clearly a slanted piece) of neo-nazi's on campus and the university trying to cover it up.

So yeah, on the political front, she's not doing too well. Not necessarily because she has neo-nazi's on campus, but that there was some form of trying to hide what was happening.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

neo-nazi's what?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am