Withers embarrassing post-game conference 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Withers embarrassing post-game conference
My bad, I quoted it in other threads and added to it. I appreciate all the work that went into that as just updating the last 2 years was a lot.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:

And they suck at every sport except football, which they are really good every year, and men's basketball, where they are mostly competitive

And if it matters, their facilities aren't top half of the conference, their APR is middle of the pack, and they don't have any scandals.

Not true that they suck in every sport other than football and men's basketball. All of their running teams (men's and women's track & field and cross country) have had strong years.

And you've clearly never been to all of the Sun Belt conference schools if you don't think App State's football facilities are in the top half of the conference.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Just for reference, this is what run faster believes is "overall success" for our athletic department.

Congratulations on not only referencing just half the sports at Texas State but also being illogical in how you look at the numbers.

Jumping from an FCS conference to an FBS conference is an increase in competition in just about every sport. As a result, it isn't just football that goes through a transition period in terms of competition. Most sports are jumping up to a better conference, so there is a growth period just like there is in football jumping from FCS to FBS at least in terms of competitiveness.

Further, everything you posted (if you had looked at all sports) is properly and fairly evaluated with the Bubas Cup each year. As I have mentioned, Texas State has finished 2nd in the conference when looking at all sports for four straight years. You simply cannot refute that. If football would just be really bad instead of god-fucking-awful, Texas State would win the cup every year over the last four. Again, you simply cannot refute the strength of an overall athletic department based on that.

josh_ooh_ahh wrote:
Im sorry i missed the space in your screen name run faster. :|

No problem. It's just that I hold you to a higher standard. If I knew you were a moron, like Saul for instance, it wouldn't have bothered me.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
tx.state wrote:

And they suck at every sport except football, which they are really good every year, and men's basketball, where they are mostly competitive

And if it matters, their facilities aren't top half of the conference, their APR is middle of the pack, and they don't have any scandals.

Not true that they suck in every sport other than football and men's basketball. All of their running teams (men's and women's track & field and cross country) have had strong years.

And you've clearly never been to all of the Sun Belt conference schools if you don't think App State's football facilities are in the top half of the conference.

I clearly said facilities, and not just football facilities. Nevertheless, their football stadium isn't bad but in our conference it's probably only nice than ULM, Coastal, and USA. The best thing going for it is that they're finally removing the track. It's in a nice setting so it photographs well.

They have an indoor facility but it's not full-sized and I've never seen one look so much like a metal barn. It doesn't have A/C or heat.

Their convocation center is newer and pretty nice but not very big. It's middle of the pack for the Sun Belt.

Their baseball and softball stadiums are nice high school ballparks.

Instead of rebutting the point I made, you picked a separate argument...and even then you're wrong...

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

double post

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:

I clearly said facilities, and not just football facilities. Nevertheless, their football stadium isn't bad but in our conference it's probably only nice than ULM, Coastal, and USA. The best thing going for it is that they're finally removing the track. It's in a nice setting so it photographs well.

They have an indoor facility but it's not full-sized and I've never seen one look so much like a metal barn. It doesn't have A/C or heat.

Their convocation center is newer and pretty nice but not very big. It's middle of the pack for the Sun Belt.

Their baseball and softball stadiums are nice high school ballparks.

Instead of rebutting the point I made, you picked a separate argument...and even then you're wrong...

Lets work on logic for you. Your argument was that App State fans are pleased with their AD due to their success in football even though they allegedly basically suck in every other sport. You then say that their facilities are bottom half of the conference. You've already argued that their fans only care about football (and possibly men's basketball). Hence, their facilities outside of football really don't matter since their fans don't care about what happens with those other sports. In that case, it makes no sense to discuss other sports facilities within your argument other than in football.

Again, you've clearly never been to Boone. The Hinkse/Henske/however it is spelled is probably the best in the conference in terms of meeting space, auditorium, football locker room, etc. Their weight room, unless having been redone in the last few years, needs some work, but overall, their football facilities are top third instead of bottom half. Oh, and an 80 yard indoor is far better than no indoor.

You're simply going based on what the exterior of a stadium looks like. Hell, take a look at ULL's locker rooms. Atrocious. The same can be said about other parts of Sun Belt football facilities. And Georgia State, though having a large locker room which is brand new, plays in an off-campus, odd, former baseball stadium. In no way is that better than anyone's football facilities other than maybe ULM and USA. Hell, even Coastal's overall football facilities are better than having to fight downtown Atlanta traffic to get to your former baseball field stadium.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm