Withers embarrassing post-game conference 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Withers embarrassing post-game conference
No excuses for this. Absolutely pathetic and unforgivable embarrassment to Texas State University.

https://twitter.com/KTSWSports/status/1048764864045436928

Coach, as a reminder, you are 2-10, 2-10 and 1-4.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Withers embarrassing post-game conference
Yeah, that is piss poor.

It's acceptable when you're winning. Winning forgives all kinds of assholishness. But if you are losing... ALL THE DAMNED TIME, you better be as nice and accommodating as you can to keep those reporters coming back.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

He's become a little baby bitch. That's for sure.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I mentioned it in another thread but it feels like he finally is feeling the heat for the poor results on the field as evidenced by his short fuse in this presser.

Keff doesn’t seem to take it to personally though:

Quote:
I can’t even fathom the pressure he’s under so I get his frustration. I wish he’d understand we’re not attacking him.
https://twitter.com/keff_c/status/10488 ... 85088?s=21

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:

I don't know if he's BECOMING, or if that's just always been how he has been since here, people are just out of goodwill to grant him for improving.

I remember his press conferences in the first year he was here, and he was shitty then. I just chalked it up to a no nonsense coach who was always like that and once it's a winning program... Cool, rock on with your shitty attitude.

And honestly, I'd still be fine with his attitude if we were where we should be with 3 wins this season (and you could make an argument it should be 4). But at 1 win and not a very convincing win at that? You better be a lot more gracious.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Cocky and arrogant can come off like desperate and petulant under the right circumstances.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm
Junior Bobcat

https://youtu.be/XQEIO3Kxvak

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:

I don't know if he's BECOMING, or if that's just always been how he has been since here, people are just out of goodwill to grant him for improving.

I remember his press conferences in the first year he was here, and he was shitty then. I just chalked it up to a no nonsense coach who was always like that and once it's a winning program... Cool, rock on with your shitty attitude.

And honestly, I'd still be fine with his attitude if we were where we should be with 3 wins this season (and you could make an argument it should be 4). But at 1 win and not a very convincing win at that? You better be a lot more gracious.

Yeah he was always that way. I too looked passed it thinking he was bringing a much needed change. Instead he is a fraud and time for him to go. That attitude doesn't work when you have shown zero improvement. I do hope he keeps it up though if it helps get his ass fired.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:

Possibly. I don't remember him being THAT bad his first year. I gave up on any of his press conferences late last season. Seemed like it was the same old bullshit time after time. Hopefully he keeps attacking the media. They need to grow some balls and attack back.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El Gato wrote:
I mentioned it in another thread but it feels like he finally is feeling the heat for the poor results on the field as evidenced by his short fuse in this presser.

Keff doesn’t seem to take it to personally though:

Quote:
I can’t even fathom the pressure he’s under so I get his frustration. I wish he’d understand we’re not attacking him.
https://twitter.com/keff_c/status/10488 ... 85088?s=21

Of course he wouldn't, he's his boy. I remember two years ago when I called him out for lobbing softball questions at a presser, everyone ganged up on me (SMDR, KSAT12 beat writer, etc etc) on twitter. Our running game was 128th in the nation and he was asking "how is recruiting going?" in the middle of the freaking season after a loss. Really? :roll: :roll:

Lo and behold, two years later and the exact same softball questions are being tossed at Withers except he won't even answer those these days.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

what tough questions did you ask, taxi?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
what tough questions did you ask, taxi?

The running game question, don't remember the exact wording but it went something like this: "The team is ranked 128th in the nation and tonight it struggled again. What is being done to address that issue?"

Withers' answer was "We are going to recruit (better players)".

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

that's hard hitting stuff right there. good on ya for having the balls to stick your neck out like that!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:57 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
that's hard hitting stuff right there. good on ya for having the balls to stick your neck out like that!

Better than "how's recruiting going?" after a 20+ point loss. :arrow: :arrow: :| :|

I asked a lot more questions during Fran's pressers because with him you would get a straight enough answer and you could actually LEARN from his coaching experience more X's and O's from the game.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 am
True Bobcat Fan

This type of action is not a rarity from Withers.

There is a current Texas State student - a female - who witnessed her boyfriend being assaulted by Withers last year. In the parking lot between the stadium and track, a group of car enthusiasts had parked one evening to show off their cars to each other and socialize . . . sort of a "Cars & Coffee" for the college kids if you will. The girl and her boyfriend, who was driving, were leaving the get-together when they almost ran into Withers' car while he was driving through the parking lot. After almost being t-boned, Withers slammed on his brakes blocking the other vehicle in, got out of the car, went to the driver's side of the car, grabbed the kid by his collar, and threatened to "drag your ass out of the car and pummel you in front of your little girlfriend."

Ishmael Davis was a part of the group socializing in the parking lot. He saw the altercation going on, rushed over, and stopped Withers from doing any more damage by breaking up his coach's assault.

The girl, whom I know, was adamant that her boyfriend press charges. Both the threat of violence by Withers and the grabbing of the kid's shirt by the collars are separate incidents of assault under Texas penal code.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 am