David Baliff 
True Bobcat Fan

Post David Baliff
Second home game second David Baliff sighting. He was at the tailgate yesterday walking around visiting and he walked out of stadium the same time I did through the main west side entrance after Alma Mater and the team was in the locker room. Word on the street is he would like to comeback in the AD role. The main obstacle is there is a strife between him and Trauth. Regardless, of what you think about the kneel down, Baliff is a Bobcat and I really think he would put the effort to bringing the winning culture back to San Marcos.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: David Baliff
I think it's safe to say that DB is our Bill Buckner. Some things (Take a Knee) I'm not sure you can ever (or should?) come back from.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm
Junior Bobcat

I bartended at Gruene Hall during school and he would come in their all the time

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Don’t give a damn about “the knee” anymore, it’s ancient history. Baliff is something Teis is not: a Bobcat through and through, and I’ve no doubt that he’d bring something to the AD position that Teis doesn’t have: HEART.

In my mind he wouldn’t be satisfied with the mediocrity that Teis craves, and even if he didn’t get us where we want to be, he’d sure as hell leave us better off than we are now.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'd love to have Bailiff back in the fold in some capacity at the Athletic Department. I'd be really interested to see what he could do as a recruiter, and from what I know of his talks with the Lake Travis coach, he is fairly well liked (though that is just ONE school, so it could be the exception not the rule).

Hell, this could be the retread for HC if Teis decides to push out Withers.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 pm
SuperCat

TheRevSWT wrote:
Hell, this could be the retread for HC if Teis decides to push out Withers.

I’m fine with Bailiff being in the front office somewhere but as Head Coach? F*CK NO!!!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 pm
SuperCat

Bailiff would be an excellent AD.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I just love that part of the funding for the #FireTeis homecoming banner was funded by his brother Mike.

https://www.gofundme.com/fireteis-banner-at-homecoming

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:47 pm
SuperCat

^ wow nice lol. I didn’t notice that before.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTGrad03 wrote:
Second home game second David Baliff sighting. He was at the tailgate yesterday walking around visiting and he walked out of stadium the same time I did through the main west side entrance after Alma Mater and the team was in the locker room. Word on the street is he would like to comeback in the AD role. The main obstacle is there is a strife between him and Trauth. Regardless, of what you think about the kneel down, Baliff is a Bobcat and I really think he would put the effort to bringing the winning culture back to San Marcos.

FWIW, Bailiff and Withers were apparently teaming up to get Teis fired during Withers' first season here and Bailiff was lobbying for the AD role pretty heavily trying to get alumni on board. Heard it from a suspect source, so I kept it out of the limelight. On one hand, I think he'd be a decent choice to look at, but on the other when someone is undermining things behind the scenes like that, don't know how trustworthy his character would be.

The Trauth thing is news to me though.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If that’s true then I would expect EW to be out on his ass after this year. Larry would be looking to get rid of him and could buy himself some more time in the process. Just will come down to finances.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I would not balk at the idea of letting Bailiff interview for the AD position.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
TXSTGrad03 wrote:

FWIW, Bailiff and Withers were apparently teaming up to get Teis fired during Withers' first season here and Bailiff was lobbying for the AD role pretty heavily trying to get alumni on board. Heard it from a suspect source, so I kept it out of the limelight. On one hand, I think he'd be a decent choice to look at, but on the other when someone is undermining things behind the scenes like that, don't know how trustworthy his character would be.

The Trauth thing is news to me though.

I'm just stating what I have heard, not sure what the strife is or if there is one. It could just be hearsay, but I trust my sources.

I do question that he was involved in a takeover plot. Why would he be lobbying for the AD job when he was still Rice's HC making more money than the TXST AD? Does he have a relationship with EW? The only thing I could find is they both coached with Tom Herman. Just doesn't make since to me that he would be involved in that time frame, but what do I know. Now that he's out of coaching he very well could be lobbying, he maybe looking for the last chapter in his career. More than likely nothing will come to fruition.

All I know is I have said hello to him at the past two home games and he has been cordial and approachable. I have been around the program for several years and have never met Teis. However, I have met several of the HC's but not him.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatDis wrote:

I'd be really interested to see what kind of staff he'd put together.

Truth be told, I'd love to have Teis stay on in a lesser role. More of logistics focused guy who handles the nuts and bolts, and lets the AD handle the rest.

Say what you will about Teis, but he kept the program clean, has scheduled well, and has organized the capital projects in a solid way. He just sucks at fundraising or engaging the fans.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:43 pm
Junior Bobcat

TheRevSWT wrote:
BobcatDis wrote:

I'd be really interested to see what kind of staff he'd put together.

Truth be told, I'd love to have Teis stay on in a lesser role. More of logistics focused guy who handles the nuts and bolts, and lets the AD handle the rest.

Say what you will about Teis, but he kept the program clean, has scheduled well, and has organized the capital projects in a solid way. He just sucks at fundraising or engaging the fans.

Agree 100% with this. There's no doubt he excels in compliance and logistics. I'm fine with paying him half his current salary to manage that side of things.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:24 pm