Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GATA Time is this Thursday Evening 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: GATA Time is this Thursday Evening
ValleyBoy wrote:
nUTSAck wrote:
Is a school that produced 2 sub-human bro country “artists,” like Luke Bryan and Cole Swindell even allowed to talk smack? I’d be too embarrassed to admit I was an alumnus...

What does 2 country artist have to do with smack talk and just for your information one of those two artist is a dam bulldog fan.

Worst troll award goes to Justin Edge, Georgia Southern University.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Lemme see if I can help you out, VB...

- they have a beautiful river, we have a septic ditch;
- we have a School of Used Car Salesmen and a post-grad program in dishwasher repair, while they turn out astronauts, Nobel-winning poet laureates, and nuclear physicists;
- we have a shit offense, while they have...err, nevermind;
- we have a couple of 2nd rate country-music bromancers as alum, while they (and their uber-liberal brethren down the road in Austin) turn out the nation's finest singers/song writers.

Next thing they're going to say is that their barbeque is better.

R-r-r-i-i-i-g-g-h-t.....

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Here's the thing:
sausage is sausage
ribs or ribs
pulled pork is pulled pork
brisket is barbeque
and barbeque is brisket.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

eagle#58 wrote:
- we have a couple of 2nd rate country-music bromancers as alum, while they (and their uber-liberal brethren down the road in Austin) turn out the nation's finest singers/song writers.

Yeah, there's really not even an argument you can come up with on this one.

George Strait > your guys (who really don't even sing country, it's that bubblegum pop).

Hell, I'd even put Randy Rogers way ahead of your guys, and he's one of our lesser guys.

Odds are very good you'll put a whooping on us on the football field (we just aren't very good right now), but you can't touch us on music.

And with that, I award myself the lamest smack talk of the season.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:41 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Canaquedista Man wrote:
Here's the thing:
sausage is sausage
ribs or ribs
pulled pork is pulled pork
brisket is barbeque
and barbeque is brisket.

Valley...it looks like we have a taker here! You can break his football spirit down all you want, but he's already there. You can say his HC and AD aren't the worst of all time, but he knows better. Hell, he might even invite you to his tailgate or let you take his mother out for a movie date. But do not...I repeat DO NOT...mess with his 'que. This is a guy I can relate to.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

eagle#58 wrote:
they have a beautiful river, we have a septic ditch

true
Cleanest River in Texas
Best Rivers In America For Tubing And Drinking
Just down the road from Austin, San Marcos is a college town in the purest sense. The small city is one of the fastest growing and hardest partying in America, and the crown jewel is the San Marcos River. Every summer when the temps hover above three digits, hundreds of college kids flock to its cool, 72-degree waters to soak up the sun and koozie-covered bottles of Lone Star.
eagle#58 wrote:
- we have a School of Used Car Salesmen and a post-grad program in dishwasher repair, while they turn out astronauts, Nobel-winning poet laureates, and nuclear physicists;

true. i mean, president of the usa works, for this one, right? and paul goldschmidt > any of the spares y'all have sent to the professional sports world.
eagle#58 wrote:
we have a couple of 2nd rate country-music bromancers as alum, while they turn out the nation's finest singers/song writers.

true
The King Of Country: George Strait
really shouldn't have to even comment on that one, but ignorance is no excuse for idiocy.
eagle#58 wrote:
Next thing they're going to say is that their barbeque is better.

true. if sauce is what defines your cue, it's not the best. texas cue is about meat and smoke, not vinegar and bread. there's a reason texas style bbq joints are popping up all over our fair land, but pulled pork covered in sauce stays in the southeast corner of the county.

Last edited by Saul Goodman on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:50 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

TheRevSWT wrote:
eagle#58 wrote:

Yeah, there's really not even an argument you can come up with on this one.

George Strait > your guys (who really don't even sing country, it's that bubblegum pop).

Hell, I'd even put Randy Rogers way ahead of your guys, and he's one of our lesser guys.

Odds are very good you'll put a whooping on us on the football field (we just aren't very good right now), but you can't touch us on music.

And with that, I award myself the lamest smack talk of the season.

Rev...I believe I've seen your posts before on other forums and I respect your insight. I'd absolutely agree with you on George Strait...and Luke Bryan makes me sick...not because he's a GS alum that slobbers over anything UGA, but because he's a no-talent ass clown. But to be fair to Cole Swindell there is a huge difference between today's country music and that from George's day.

I'm hoping we both have a good game Thursday...you guys need a lift and we need to keep the momentum. TBH I expected more from the Withers hire than he's delivered...but then I'm probably preaching to the chior.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

also, alexis texas > ace amerson

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

txst vs gaso in sports other than football:

6-0 volleyball w/ 5 sweeps
6-3 softball
5-2 baseball
5-2 women’s hoops
3-1-1 soccer w/ a 3-0 shutout today
2-5 basketball

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:44 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Saul Goodman wrote:
txst vs gaso in sports other than football:

6-0 volleyball w/ 5 sweeps
6-3 softball
5-2 baseball
5-2 women’s hoops
3-1-1 soccer w/ a 3-0 shutout today
2-5 basketball

Oh...so you're going to pull that "well, we've beaten you in everything else" schtick, huh...?

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

did you not come over here beating your chest about literally everything else other than football? as in, not even sports related?

and yes, we beat you in [almost] everything else.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:51 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Saul Goodman wrote:
did you not come over here beating your chest about literally everything else other than football? as in, not even sports related?

Well, yes...and we can name drop all we want to, but there's no need to astound any of you with my grasp of Wikipedia. And to be fair to the conversation I was simply laying out what would become y'alls plan of attack...that everything San Marco's > SE Georgia, and I guessed right. But since this is a football forum and its game week, we thought some of you might be up to a little good natured pre-game smack...guess we were wrong.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:35 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Saul Goodman wrote:

Well, yes...and we can name drop all we want to, but there's no need to astound any of you with my grasp of Wikipedia. And to be fair to the conversation I was simply laying out what would become y'alls plan of attack...that everything San Marco's > SE Georgia, and I guessed right. But since this is a football forum and its game week, we thought some of you might be up to a little good natured pre-game smack...guess we were wrong.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

eagle#58 wrote:
San Marco's

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

eagle#58 wrote:

Sadly, smack talk is only really good when it's going to be a competitive game or at least predicted to be competitive.

Right now, not many of the Bobcat faithful feel it will be competitive (and lord I hope we're all sorely wrong), so good natured smack talk is not to be found here.

Truth be told, we're gonna smack talk ourselves WAY harder than any of y'all will be able to do.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next