Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Our Next Head Coach 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
well, we wouldn't be looking at kids choosing between texas and oklahoma, and a **** would be a rare get to begin with, seeing as how there hasn't been a **** recruit from the state to go to a g5 since uh bagged 2 in 2016. but if tulsa can pull a **** from texas, there's no reason we couldn't...with the right staff.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 582
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
But you can certainly have coordinators that are your elite recruiters when you have coaches like saban, jimbo, and chad morris (just examples off the top of my head). They own their side of the ball. That is sabans defense and kirby was the d coord. But he was also a fantastic recruiter.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:
well, we wouldn't be looking at kids choosing between texas and oklahoma,
.


Where do you think 4 star kids get offered? They are choosing between Texas and Oklahoma most of the time. Sure, you can talk the Sun Belt and Texas State into being allowed non-qualifiers so some 4 star kids end up here, but that isn't happening.

So, again, just where do you think 4 star kids are choosing from? If they aren't getting Texas and Oklahoma, they are getting Oklahoma State and Texas A&M.

Saul Goodman wrote:

and a **** would be a rare get to begin with, seeing as how there hasn't been a **** recruit from the state to go to a g5 since uh bagged 2 in 2016.


Wait: wasn't it you who in this thread expected your proposed staff to get two 4 stars a year with better 3 stars? Now, you're admitting that is very rare to get even at a place like Houston, let alone Texas State?

Saul Goodman wrote:
but if tulsa can pull a **** from texas, there's no reason we couldn't...with the right staff.


What decade did that happen in?

LSU Bobcat wrote:
But you can certainly have coordinators that are your elite recruiters when you have coaches like saban, jimbo, and chad morris (just examples off the top of my head). They own their side of the ball. That is sabans defense and kirby was the d coord. But he was also a fantastic recruiter.


I'm not sure what your point is. Can good coordinators also be good recruiters? Of course. But you don't go out and hire a guy to make him a coordinator because of his recruiting abilities. You hire a coordinator because of his Xs and Os. If he happens to be a good recruiter, great. If he's a great recruiter, you don't give him a coordinator role because of it. That's a sure-fire way to have a losing program.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:28 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
run faster wrote:
What decade did that happen in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: you're a funny guy!

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 582
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Quote:
I'm not sure what your point is.


Clearly this

Quote:
Can good coordinators also be good recruiters? Of course. But you don't go out and hire a guy to make him a coordinator because of his recruiting abilities. You hire a coordinator because of his Xs and Os. If he happens to be a good recruiter, great. If he's a great recruiter, you don't give him a coordinator role because of it. That's a sure-fire way to have a losing program.


Sorry I didnt use a crayon to draw you the image. Thanks for backing up my point, Larry lackey.


Meacham fired from kansas. So available. But may not be a good hire after all. Could be just a scapegoat for Beaty until he's fired. I think cumbie makes what withers makes. Offer small raise and and HC position.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Take the money out of LT's salary to bump the HC/Asst salaries!

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:
run faster wrote:
What decade did that happen in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: you're a funny guy!


I was being serious. When did Tulsa get a four star kid?

You're the one who expected that staff to get two 4 star kids each year and a bunch of better 4 stars than the current staff, right? Then, in the same thread, you claimed that any G5 getting a 4 star is very rare and would be unlikely. You can acknowledge that you contradict your own arguments, right?


LSU Bobcat wrote:

Clearly this


Meacham fired from kansas. So available. But may not be a good hire after all. Could be just a scapegoat for Beaty until he's fired. I think cumbie makes what withers makes. Offer small raise and and HC position.


Clearly that? Too bad that's now what you said.

And Meacham? You want to hire a guy who just put up 255 yards against an FCS, 361 yards against a bad MAC team, 271 against Baylor (check out how Abilene Christian did in comparison), and 286 against WVU? Brilliant.


Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
i mean, it's really not that hard to research. should take you less than 5 minutes to find.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:
i mean, it's really not that hard to research. should take you less than 5 minutes to find.


Based on 247, Tulsa hasn't signed a 4 star in at least the last five years of rankings. So which decade and who was the player?

Are you still hiding from admitting how stupid your was that your proposed staff would sign a couple of 4 star kids each year with a bunch of better 3 stars but then turned around and said any G5 signing a 4 star is unlikely and rarely happens?


Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
run faster wrote:
Based on 247, Tulsa hasn't signed a 4 star in at least the last five years of rankings.

false

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
run faster wrote:
your proposed staff would sign a couple of 4 star kids each year

:lol: :lol: :lol: you really are hilarious! are you in politics? because you should be in politics.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:
run faster wrote:
Based on 247, Tulsa hasn't signed a 4 star in at least the last five years of rankings.

false


Show otherwise. It should only take you a couple of minutes as you said, right? You're the one who made the claim. The burden is on you to prove it.

Saul Goodman wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: you really are hilarious! are you in politics? because you should be in politics.


It's what you inferred. Are you now cowardly moving away from your claim about what your proposed coaching staff would be able to do at Texas State?


Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:50 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
run faster wrote:
Show otherwise.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chad-Presi ... ool-42944/

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6279
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
run faster wrote:
Are you now cowardly moving away from your claim about what your proposed coaching staff would be able to do at Texas State?

totally. :lol:

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:52 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:


Nope. Linked is the 2015 Tulsa class from 247, which was President's class. As you can see, they don't have a 4 star kid:

https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Saul Goodman wrote:
run faster wrote:
Are you now cowardly moving away from your claim about what your proposed coaching staff would be able to do at Texas State?

totally. :lol:


No problem. I am fine with morons making mistakes as long as they own up to being cowardly about them when they are exposed as contradicting themselves.


Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group