Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
 Our Next Head Coach 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6350
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
justin wells from insidetexas.com says david beatty is interviewing for the txst job.

also of note:

littrell to unc unless kliffy gets kanned as well

traylor on of the front runners for the sfa job

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Saul Goodman wrote:
justin wells from insidetexas.com says david beatty is interviewing for the txst job.

also of note:

littrell to unc unless kliffy gets kanned as well

traylor on of the front runners for the sfa job



NO THANK YOU TO BEATTY!!!!


Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 599
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Seems like he wouldn't be that bad of a hire. After charlie took over kansas after mangino left, that program has been atrocious like they were pre mangino. Beatty was a great recruiter while at A&M. He'd just have to hire a great OC and DC.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 1340
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Beaty, in four seasons at KU, is 6-39, including a 2-31 record in Big 12 games, 1-19 in road games and 2-2 against FCS opponents.

From past hires, I'm sure he's towards the top of Larry's call list.

_________________
FireTeis.com


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:05 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Seems like he wouldn't be that bad of a hire. After charlie took over kansas after mangino left, that program has been atrocious like they were pre mangino. Beatty was a great recruiter while at A&M. He'd just have to hire a great OC and DC.

Not so sure about David Beaty.... did some research about his résumés and came up with a lot of question marks.
Overall record is 6-41 and 2-33 in conference.
Plus he had a loss to Nicholls this year!

I understand that Kansas is not necessarily a great job but he did
NEXT to NOTHING with the program!
He went 2-2 against FCS competition at Kansas! How does that happen??
After doing a quick review…Wow, this is the type of bounce back that we don’t want!


Last edited by MickeyMack-7 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:06 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
MickeyMack-7 wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Seems like he wouldn't be that bad of a hire. After charlie took over kansas after mangino left, that program has been atrocious like they were pre mangino. Beatty was a great recruiter while at A&M. He'd just have to hire a great OC and DC.

Not so sure about David Beaty.... did some research about his résumés and came up with a lot of question marks.
Overall record is 6-41 and 2-33 in conference games.
Plus he had a loss to Nicholls this year. That should be a big NO!

I understand that Kansas is not necessarily a great job but he did
NEXT to NOTHING with the program!
He went 2-2 against FCS competition at Kansas! How does that happen??
After doing a quick review…Wow, this is the type of bounce back that we don’t want!


I just don't think it makes any sense to hire a guy that's had 4 straight bad years with very little improvement from one year to the next!


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 599
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Yea he's certainly not in my top 5, but I wouldn't be downright angry if we hired him. We all know this type of candidate has larry salivating. Someone that's disparate.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:19 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Yea he's certainly not in my top 5, but I wouldn't be downright angry if we hired him. We all know this type of candidate has larry salivating. Someone that's disparate.



Not even top 25. 8) :-||


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:50 pm
Posts: 100
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
MickeyMack-7 wrote:
nUTSAck wrote:
MickeyMack-7 wrote:
A proven winning Head Coach that has either won at an elite level or has won at a high level at multiple places is what we need.
Chris Ash was hired at Rutgers after 18 years as an assistant coach including the DC at Wisconsin, Arkansas, and OHIO State.
DJ Durkin was hired at Maryland after 15 years as an assistant coach, DC at Florida and Michigan.
Clay Helton was an 18-year assistant coach, which included being the OC at Memphis and the OC at USC.

At the time all these guys seemed like good hires.
All had years of experience in great programs and held leadership roles.
But hiring someone that has always been an assistant…never a Head Coach is and always will be a crapshoot!

A Head Coach has a different skill set than assistants and we don't have the luxury of waiting for a first-time Head Coach to develop those skills!


So someone like Larry Coker or Fran?

If you read my previous posts…a high level FCS coach. Not a retread that is moving backwards.

FCS coaches learn to do more with less. They are always recruiting against FBS schools that have more than they do.
Retreads from elite FBS programs are use to having everything.
Guys like Fran and Larry Coker when he was at UTSA.


My apologies...I interpreted “elite level,” as power 5.

Even though I’d still be willing to hire a high level Coordinator I agree that having some previous HC experience would be an advantage.

_________________
FireTeis.com


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:23 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
nUTSAck wrote:
nUTSAck wrote:

So someone like Larry Coker or Fran?

If you read my previous posts…a high level FCS coach. Not a retread that is moving backwards.

FCS coaches learn to do more with less. They are always recruiting against FBS schools that have more than they do.
Retreads from elite FBS programs are use to having everything.
Guys like Fran and Larry Coker when he was at UTSA.


My apologies...I interpreted “elite level,” as power 5.

Even though I’d still be willing to hire a high level Coordinator I agree that having some previous HC experience would be an advantage.[/quote]



I just think it’s necessary for everyone involved in the program, from the players (especially the players), the training staff, the faculty and staff, to the administration to all know that the Head Coach has done this job before and done it SUCCESSFULLY...so they all can feel assured that he isn't gonna be a “learn on the job” kind of guy and will instill confidence from everyone involved!


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:55 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:01 pm
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
What do you guys think of Jeff Jagodzinski (Former Boston College HC/ Green Bay OC) that led BC to #2 when he was there? He has great NFL and college experience, Boston College got to be #2 when he was the head coach there. A proven head coach that recruited some great players(Matt Ryan).


Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6350
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
he got bc to #2 after tom o'brien won 9 games in 4/5 yrs before him. bc won 9, 9, 10 in the 3yrs before he took over. 2 of his 3 losses that year were to ~.500 teams. pretty sure the only time he's stepped foot in texas was for our game last year. painfully downhill career since that 2009 season.

what is it w/ the trial balloon socks? when did this become a thing?

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm
Posts: 24
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
TXSTBobcat1 wrote:
What do you guys think of Jeff Jagodzinski (Former Boston College HC/ Green Bay OC) that led BC to #2 when he was there? He has great NFL and college experience, Boston College got to be #2 when he was the head coach there. A proven head coach that recruited some great players(Matt Ryan).


After checking into his background he doesn't fill me with much confidence (see below)…

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced that they had dismissed Jagodzinski from his role and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Greg Olson. The firing came due to concerns about Jagodzinski's ability to communicate plays in a timely manner. He had been asked by the head coach to provide details to the teams offensive play calling, however he was unable to provide familiarity with the Tampa Bay playbook, (deferring to a subordinate to answer questions), thus exposing his over reliance on subordinates.

Dependent on those under him is not necessarily a great sign of his ability to be a leader!


Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 599
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Sitting here watching syracuse and i hope we can land someone like dino babers. Position or OC coach most of his career, but did well as HC at eastern Illinois and bowling green. Has syracuse ranked. Remember LSU playing them last year and being frustrated we didn't kick their ass. They're a well coached team. He's offensive minded amd syracuse has put up a lot of points this year.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 599
Reply with quote
Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Welp, sounds like kliff is available. :lol:


Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group