Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next
 Our Next Head Coach 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
In case most people forget, the AD is paying for tons and tons of bonds for all those fancy facilities that everyone kept whining about "to compete." Money doesn't grow on trees, and like most of the sports themselves, the AD has a budget to stay under.

Yea, money doesn't grow on trees. You have to engage your alumni base and get them excited so they are willing to donate. We shouldn't have to rely on student fees as much as we do to pay for those facilities and other budget expenses.

A competent AD knows that. Teis clearly does not.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I have it on good authority that Teis hung up on Applewhite the second he asked about what his assistant coaches salary pool looked like. Think about that for a second. Larry Teis hung up on Applewhite after he asked about what his assistants would make....

Seriously, seriously doubt that. I'll file this under smear rumors.

Really don't care if you believe it or not. Heard it from someone very close to that entire coaching tree. Someone I trust.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Yea, money doesn't grow on trees. You have to engage your alumni base and get them excited so they are willing to donate. We shouldn't have to rely on student fees as much as we do to pay for those facilities and other budget expenses.

A competent AD knows that. Teis clearly does not.

That I agree with.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I have it on good authority that Teis hung up on Applewhite the second he asked about what his assistant coaches salary pool looked like. Think about that for a second. Larry Teis hung up on Applewhite after he asked about what his assistants would make....

Seriously, seriously doubt that. I'll file this under smear rumors.

Really don't care if you believe it or not. Heard it from someone very close to that entire coaching tree. Someone I trust.

Think of this RATIONALLY for a second: Teis hung up on one of the most high-demand and up and coming assistant coaches because he asked a valid employment question that most people would ask?

It really does not pass the smell test on any level.

Applewhite didn't take the TxSt job because he had a cushy job at UH that would eventually lead to a good G5 coaching gig that pays truckloads more that anything we could offer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Hot off the press. Some leading candidates who have shown interest:

https://www.ksat.com/sports/college-foo ... exas-state

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Teis hung up on one of the most high-demand and up and coming assistant coaches because he asked a valid employment question that most people would ask?

Yes, now are you starting to see why he needed to be fired like yesterday? The guy is a moron and completely incompetent at his job.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Think of this RATIONALLY for a second: Teis hung up on one of the most high-demand and up and coming assistant coaches because he asked a valid employment question that most people would ask?

It really does not pass the smell test on any level.

Applewhite didn't take the TxSt job because he had a cushy job at UH that would eventually lead to a good G5 coaching gig that pays truckloads more that anything we could offer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Think rationally about this: Teis does stuff that makes no sense all the time.

When reporters from major newspapers in the two major metropolitan areas closest to your university call or e-mail you about doing an interview... Do you respond to them? Or just not bother because you are busy?

In Teis' case, at least according to the reporters, he did the latter. Does that make any sense?

Now, in full disclosure, I doubt that is the entire story. But I can totally believe that Teis did not bother to respond to a question like that.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Hot off the press. Some leading candidates who have shown interest:

https://www.ksat.com/sports/college-foo ... exas-state

Where in that article has anyone mentioned that the candidates have shown interest?

I mean, I just skimmed it, but it is all just speculation on who we would target and who our wish list is... so where did I miss the part where these guys showed interest or reached out to us or anything of that sort?

That article appears to simply be Saul's mental masturbation thread, but on a sports website.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:37 pm
SuperCat

Not sure why Mike Jinks is being suggested in that article lol he did terrible at Bowling Green. If we were going to hire him we might as well of just kept Withers.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

nUTSAck wrote:
Not sure why Mike Jinks is being suggested in that article lol he did terrible at Bowling Green. If we were going to hire him we might as well of just kept Withers.

I think it's because of his Texas recruiting ties. Don't know if that was a cut and paste list from BF.com chatter of it was from people who applied already. I was going with the latter (since KSAT has good ties with the AD), hence saying they are the candidates that have shown interest.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Think rationally about this: Teis does stuff that makes no sense all the time.

When reporters from major newspapers in the two major metropolitan areas closest to your university call or e-mail you about doing an interview... Do you respond to them? Or just not bother because you are busy?

In Teis' case, at least according to the reporters, he did the latter. Does that make any sense?

Now, in full disclosure, I doubt that is the entire story. But I can totally believe that Teis did not bother to respond to a question like that.

That one doesn't pass the smell test either but it is more plausible. That's more in line with "talk to our SID for info" than hanging up on a potential head coach that could have turned our program around immediately and given us instant credibility in Texas media markets and recruiting.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If that's the case, then you are calling two reputable reporters from different cities (I think... pretty sure one was san antonio and one was austin) making up a story for a school that isn't being covered for... what reason?

That doesn't pass any sort of sniff test. It didn't make huge headlines to put these reporters on the map, it doesn't serve as salacious enough to get them more views (it was told to the university radio guys, so it's not like there would be a surge in traffic).

There is zero reason for them to lie about it or even embellish.

And it absolutely foots with Teis' history of standoffishness.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

There is zero reason for them to lie about it or even embellish.

And it absolutely foots with Teis' history of standoffishness.

Or they didn't ask through the proper channels (the SID) would be my guess.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

With the amount of coverage we get (or more to the point, don't get) there is absolutely no reason for him to AT THE VERY LEAST pass the message on to someone else to answer. In reality, he should be doing backflips that anyone wants to cover us and treat them like kings, but the bare minimum is to pass that question on to others in his department to handle.

Him not doing that is disrespectful to the reporters and harmful to TXST athletics.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:18 pm
Junior Bobcat

MRN MAVERICK wrote:
What about old coach Fred from Umhb. Dude has a record of something like 250-40 all time, national titles and played football and graduated from Texas State. His wife is a Texas State graduate as well. I know he’s only been a head coached division 3 football but 250–40 is a nice number and he does a whole lot with a whole hell of a little up there in Belton. He was a DC for Baylor for many years as well as assistant head coach. Also a defensive coach for LSU before UMHB. He’s a huge huge bobcat fan and loves Texas State. Just curious on thoughts

Suspended this Spring and for the first 3 games without pay for NCAA violations. “Extra benefits” to players. Self reported.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next