Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 Our Next Head Coach 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Our Next Head Coach
you are the gift that keeps on giving! i swear, i thought guys like taxi only came around once in a generation, but here you are!

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Run faster fast field fried fucked again. Here it comes, Saul. He's about to change the argument all together.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
you are the gift that keeps on giving! i swear, i thought guys like taxi only came around once in a generation, but here you are!

There you go again with your sick infatuation with me even when I haven't engaged you in convo for days. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

you should be happy anyone remembers your name now that run faster is here!

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:

Take notice of the year, it being the final ranking, and the number of four stars it has Tulsa as getting:

And here's the link so that you can verify I didn't photoshop it:

https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Do you ever get sick of being wrong? If not, just go back and tell us how your proposed staff will get a couple of 4 star guys again, only to then claim that G5s getting 4 stars is very rare and most likely won't happen.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Joey McGuire assistant at Baylor...Has deep ties with Tx HS coaches and knows how to build a winning program. Coach McGuire has incredible dialog with his players, he will build winners on and off the field. His ability to create a positive environment for the community, the university, and the football program is second to none!

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

CenTx wrote:
Joey McGuire assistant at Baylor...Has deep ties with Tx HS coaches and knows how to build a winning program. Coach McGuire has incredible dialog with his players, he will build winners on and off the field. His ability to create a positive environment for the community, the university, and the football program is second to none!

Thanks for that recommendation, Debbie McGuire. Your husband didn't play college football. He had never coached at any level in college before last season. Ask North Texas how a similar hire worked out for them. Ask Bowling Green how a similar hire worked out for them.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Sorry not his wife... Just had the fortune for him to coach my son, and see first hand the construction of successful program.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 pm
Junior Bobcat

With all the waves Eric Morris is making at UIW, I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on him next year (as Withers certainly has at least one more year left). He checks a lot of boxes: OC at a big Texas football school, proven success at HC position (although limited sample size), a decent turnaround in one season so far.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 am
Bobcat Wannabe

LT Spider wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
None of this matters until Teis is gone. We can brainstorm who our next coach should be until we're blue in the face. When it comes down to it, Teis and whoever they put on the next hiring panel, will never be able to find the right coach.

Even if they do, in the current culture that the AD has created, it would be very difficult for any coach to have success.

This. I’ll just add that even if we somehow find a coach that can win here, it does nothing to change the systemic problems and we would quickly be back where we are now after the coach moves on. We need an AD that will cultivate a fan base and culture where we can make the right decision and provide the proper resources over and over again, not just stumble into a good hire sometimes. It also wouldn’t address basketball or baseball.

I believe this is as good a time as any to resurrect this thread....
Seems to me that we need an experienced Head Coach that could navigate us through this situation. A proven winner.
Bringing in a coordinator that lacks the experience to pilot through the current state of affairs would be a mistake. And the one thing that can't happen
is hiring another mistake!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm
Junior Bobcat

And that's just the thing though, you don't honestly expect Teis to make that kind of good decision do you?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

LatemCat wrote:
And that's just the thing though, you don't honestly expect Teis to make that kind of good decision do you?

You’re probably right; Teis wouldn’t make a good decision… so the logical thing to do would be to fire Teis.
Bring in a competent Athletic Director now and allow that new AD to evaluate the Football situation throughout the next year. Then fire Withers at the end of next season.

Then what I posted yesterday would be the new AD’s responsibility.

Bring in an experienced Head Coach that could navigate us through the situation we find ourselves in. Bring in a proven winner!
Bringing in a coordinator that lacks the experience to pilot through the current state of affairs would be a mistake.
And the one thing that can't happen is hiring another mistake!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

not that i think withers gets fired, but mike mcintyre would be a fantastic hire for us if colorado is dumb enough to let him go. in a perfect world i would prefer someone w/ texas ties, but he never coached a day in california and took san jose st from 2-10 to 10-2 in 3 seasons. if there's a good comp for us as far as terrible programs go, sjsu is probably it.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

And sjsu is back to being terrible too.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 pm
SuperCat

I don't know why y'all are wasting your time and brains on this thread. Trauth is happy with Teis, and Teis is happy with Withers. He will be here at least two more years. If Withers goes 5-7 next year, Teis will call that a win and offer an extension.

You might as well be arguing about who we will play in the Sun Belt championship game. Just as much reality.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next