New Football Trainer 
True Bobcat Fan

Post New Football Trainer
The school recently posted a job advertisement for a head football trainer. Withers and the trainer who has been in charge of the football team have had a very contentious relationship over the last year with both lobbing complaints to others in the athletic department about each other.

It shows a lot about a person's character when they are failing at their job, and instead of looking in the mirror, start placing blame elsewhere. That has been the relationship between these two for quite some time now.

https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23584

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: New Football Trainer
we really know how to attract top talent!

Quote:
Monthly Salary $3,333.34 + commensurate with experience

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:47 am
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
The school recently posted a job advertisement for a head football trainer. Withers and the trainer who has been in charge of the football team have had a very contentious relationship over the last year with both lobbing complaints to others in the athletic department about each other.

It shows a lot about a person's character when they are failing at their job, and instead of looking in the mirror, start placing blame elsewhere. That has been the relationship between these two for quite some time now.

That's quite the conclusion to jump to.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:

This one is very concerning, because our training staff has always been top notch...more so when you take into consideration that our PT Program is literally one of the top ones in the country.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

physical therapy isn't the group you want to reference, it's athletic training. completely different disciplines.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

chockyy wrote:
run faster wrote:

That's quite the conclusion to jump to.

What conclusion would that be? It isn't a jump to know that Withers places blame on everyone other than himself. He placed blame immediately on Fran. He placed blame immediately on the players whom he didn't recruit that were in his program. He placed blame on Texas high school coaches for not doing a good job coaching and preparing the guys for college that he signed from their schools. He blamed the head trainer for numerous things. He blamed Teis for numerous things. He blamed the "culture of dope" that he feels is exponentially higher at Texas State than any other large state school for the lack of student support in a shithole football program. The guy places blame on everyone and anyone other than himself.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

When asked about the QB draw from the end zone, he threw Vitt under the bus for being a freshman and not getting the ball out of the end zone. If you watch the replay, there were three dlinemen in the backfield. I couldn't believe that was his response. Oh wait

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
physical therapy isn't the group you want to reference, it's athletic training. completely different disciplines.

^^^
This is what happens when you talk just to listen to your own voice kids

You do realize that most of our athletic training staff teach PT classes in Jowers, right?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:
When asked about the QB draw from the end zone, he threw Vitt under the bus for being a freshman and not getting the ball out of the end zone. If you watch the replay, there were three dlinemen in the backfield. I couldn't believe that was his response. Oh wait

True to form.....

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am
True Bobcat Fan

look taxi, i don't want to hurt your feelings again, since i know you have the emotional constitution of an 11yo girl, but just shut the fuck up when you're behind.

i originally went to swt to be an athletic trainer. ess was my minor. i'm very well acquainted w/ what group does what. athletic trainers are not physical therapists, and our physical therapy department has no bearing on athletic trainers. completely different entities, disciplines, colleges.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:46 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

^^^
This is what happens when you talk just to listen to your own voice kids

You do realize that most of our athletic training staff teach PT classes in Jowers, right?

The Athletic Training Staff teach in the College of Education/Department of Health and Human Performance (link here: http://www.hhp.txstate.edu/Undergraduat ... culty.html)

Physical Therapy is in the College of Health Professions, and classes are now held in Round Rock (link here: http://www.health.txstate.edu/pt/)

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
What conclusion would that be?

Simply put, that this matters.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatSideEye wrote:

The Athletic Training Staff teach in the College of Education/Department of Health and Human Performance (link here: http://www.hhp.txstate.edu/Undergraduat ... culty.html)

Physical Therapy is in the College of Health Professions, and classes are now held in Round Rock (link here: http://www.health.txstate.edu/pt/)

PT majors take all their undergrad courses at Jowers BEFORE they go to RR. I used to have convos on this with Gish on the regular back in the day.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
look taxi, i don't want to hurt your feelings again, since i know you have the emotional constitution of an 11yo girl, but just shut the fuck up when you're behind.

i originally went to swt to be an athletic trainer. ess was my minor. i'm very well acquainted w/ what group does what. athletic trainers are not physical therapists, and our physical therapy department has no bearing on athletic trainers. completely different entities, disciplines, colleges.

1.) Not once did I say athletic trainers were physical therapists

2.) Did you really just go to the "I once thought of majoring in that so I'm an expert on it" card?

3.) Did you really insult 11 year old girls on their emotional development? So, not only are you abusive and bullying to those who disagree with you, you're also a misogynist. Got it. :roll: :roll:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:03 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
BobcatSideEye wrote:

PT majors take all their undergrad courses at Jowers BEFORE they go to RR. I used to have convos on this with Gish on the regular back in the day.

The PT degree is a graduate degree. It doesn't matter what your undergrad degree is in, as long as you have the prerequisite courses:

From the DPT site FAQ (http://www.health.txstate.edu/pt/about/faqs.html):

"Prior to enrollment in the DPT Program, the following courses (or the equivalent) must be completed at Texas State or another accredited institution:

BIO 2430 or
PT 3400
Human Physiology and Anatomy or
Human Structure and Function
4 hrs.*

BIO 3421 or
ESS 3317
Vertebrate Physiology or
The Physiology of Exercise
3-4 hrs.

CHEM 1341
General Chemistry I
3 hrs.****

CHEM 1141
General Chemistry I Laboratory
1 hr.

CHEM 1342
General Chemistry II
3 hrs.

CHEM 1142
General Chemistry II Laboratory
1 hr.

HIM 2360
Medical Terminology
3 hrs.**

HP 3302
Biostatistics (Statistics)
3 hrs.***

PHYS 1315/1115
General Physics I
4 hrs.

PHYS 1325/1125
General Physics II
4 hrs.

PSY 1300
Introduction to Psychology
3 hrs.

PSY 3300 or
PSY 3315
Lifespan Development or
Abnormal Psychology
3 hrs."

"Does it matter what my undergraduate degree is in?

We do not have a preferred undergraduate degree.
We suggest that the student major in a field of study that is of interest and that could be a choice should the student decide against graduate school after completion of the baccalaureate degree."

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:38 pm