On the bright side... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post On the bright side...
this team will look fantastic under a competent coaching staff.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: On the bright side...
And how many years will we need to wait for that Larry?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

. . and when the hell will that happen, Larry?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
this team will look fantastic under a competent coaching staff.

Possibly. Depending on if the next coach comes in and decides to clean house too.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was going to say, on the bright side, at least it wasn't a gimme for UTSA. For a time there, I was planning to resurrect old threads, to say fuck you to everyone who said some of us were out of our minds, and just looking for something to complain about, when we talked about what UTSA was doing.

Instead, I can just take a shot or two of tequila, and go to bed. As bobcat fan life goes, that's not terrible.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm ready to roll with Vitt as QB moving forward. He showed me some things, even with the pick. Got a lot to prepare for but... if he's your 3rd string guy and he plays like that. Imagine if he's your #1 and 1) gets #1 QB reps; 2) gets more reps in different formations (when your the 3rd rep guy... you aren't getting reps in all formations that may be used), and 3) gets to throw to WRs on 1st team.

This possible change may come at a great time. No game next week so IF Vitt is our #1 guy... he'll have 1.5 weeks to prepare for 2 home games in Louisiana and Georgia Southern before taking road against ULM.

I like Willie Jones but to me he's a athlete playing QB and I'd rather see him get reps at WR long term. I don't see Willie as a QB, just an athletic player that even our coaches run just as much as they let him throw while they have let Vitt throw more even a lack of running game.

Was it me or did I see Moore, and either Cooks or Jemison in the game? I did see Washington in too. I'd be interested to see if anyone else makes a start next game with 1.5 weeks to prepare.

I'm not an apologist. When any coach cleans house, 3-4 seasons is more likely what it takes than oh... 2 seasons. Get real. Only P5 schools have that type of money (buy top coaches), facilities (for recruiting), and atmosphere (stadium, traditions, etc...) to expect that.

I'm not ready to call for Withers head because he's yet to have a QB and part of that is on him. I would have rather gone with Jones and Gipson last year by midseason than stayed with Williams but he chose to stick with Williams. It slowed down progression/experience from the other two and now I see Vitt gets it more than 1 (Gipson) for whatever reason and is no worse off than Jones when he starts.

Sucks to lose and I hate it like you. But lets get real here. He has this team playing hard. I don't see quit in his team. They are sophs/juniors trying to figure it out (how to win, hold a lead, come back in a game, over come) JUST LIKE UTSA. Nothing was so impressive with UTSA.

The next 3 games are going to be most telling with 2 possible games winnable.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If they are going to switch to Vitt, now is the time. Got a bye week, he will have the remainder of the season to grow, and it gives WJIII time to fit in another position.

I liked what WJIII did last week, but he still doesn't go through his reads. It looks like if his primary isn't there, he's running. Also, I don't recall many zone reads where he DIDN'T keep the ball. I like a QB who wants the ball, but I want him to work in the system for more big plays and just as importantly, keeps him healthy.

Also, it looked like the offensive line was blocking better this game. I hope this is a sign of things to come this season and they get better and better each game (or it is just us playing worse and worse lines each week thus far). that lends to more of a throwing QB who has wheels instead of a running QB who also happens to have an arm.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The only thing you need to know is that Larry and EW went into this season against the 130th easiest schedule in all of football and they’ve gone damn near 1-3 through the fucking softest easiest of it all. No, there is not any freaking reason for any fan to bleed another penny considering the alternatives to a 3/4 million dollar head coach after the 2014 season would have fucking bought you at the time!!!!

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 pm
SuperCat

Bobkat34 wrote:
I'm ready to roll with Vitt as QB moving forward. He showed me some things, even with the pick. Got a lot to prepare for but... if he's your 3rd string guy and he plays like that. Imagine if he's your #1 and 1) gets #1 QB reps; 2) gets more reps in different formations (when your the 3rd rep guy... you aren't getting reps in all formations that may be used), and 3) gets to throw to WRs on 1st team.

This possible change may come at a great time. No game next week so IF Vitt is our #1 guy... he'll have 1.5 weeks to prepare for 2 home games in Louisiana and Georgia Southern before taking road against ULM.

I like Willie Jones but to me he's a athlete playing QB and I'd rather see him get reps at WR long term. I don't see Willie as a QB, just an athletic player that even our coaches run just as much as they let him throw while they have let Vitt throw more even a lack of running game.

Was it me or did I see Moore, and either Cooks or Jemison in the game? I did see Washington in too. I'd be interested to see if anyone else makes a start next game with 1.5 weeks to prepare.

I'm not an apologist. When any coach cleans house, 3-4 seasons is more likely what it takes than oh... 2 seasons. Get real. Only P5 schools have that type of money (buy top coaches), facilities (for recruiting), and atmosphere (stadium, traditions, etc...) to expect that.

I'm not ready to call for Withers head because he's yet to have a QB and part of that is on him. I would have rather gone with Jones and Gipson last year by midseason than stayed with Williams but he chose to stick with Williams. It slowed down progression/experience from the other two and now I see Vitt gets it more than 1 (Gipson) for whatever reason and is no worse off than Jones when he starts.

Sucks to lose and I hate it like you. But lets get real here. He has this team playing hard. I don't see quit in his team. They are sophs/juniors trying to figure it out (how to win, hold a lead, come back in a game, over come) JUST LIKE UTSA. Nothing was so impressive with UTSA.

The next 3 games are going to be most telling with 2 possible games winnable.

Some of us just have slightly higher expectations, like you know, beating teams that are ranked in the ESPN Bottom 10!.....Or wait, maybe us ourselves not being ranked in the ESPN Bottom 10!!........just lol.....

I guess you will be pleased with the slow but steady progress when we go 4-8 in 2020?

Last edited by nUTSAck on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

or one day we can be in sports new for reasons ODU was, ohh who am I kidding.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm
SuperCat

darussian12 wrote:
or one day we can be in sports new for reasons ODU was, ohh who am I kidding.

That would be nice wouldn’t it?

Unfortunately, we will probably be humiliated by the Aggies next year....but it’s okay if we lose by 50 points just as long as our team doesn’t have any quit in them lmaooooooo

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm