Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 To be fair..... 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6322
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
run faster wrote:
the military academies which tend to pay lower.

Quote:
Niumatalolo will make $2 million in 2016, per USA Today, up from $1,637,803 last year and good for 57th among all college coaches. Army West Point's Jeff Monken leapfrogged Air Force's Troy Calhoun this year, with the leader of the Black Knights set to take home $932,521 (73rd overall, up from $883,000 in 2015) and the boss of the Falcons earning $885,000 (76th, down from $919,000 total compensation in 2015).

https://www.navytimes.com/off-duty/mili ... l-coaches/

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
Saul Goodman wrote:
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries

total coaching compensation, p5 schools
txst 39 out of 65, w/ 5 schools not submitting - all of which would be above us...so 44/65*

numbers are 1yr old - only one adjusted for 2018 is ull, simply because i had it on hand and it was such a significant jump


In other words, Texas State has 1/3 of G5 schools paying lower than they are. You realize that phrase "bottom of the barrel" usually refers to some of the few few worst at something, right?

Saul Goodman wrote:
Image

Image


You don't have the intelligence to understand this, but two schools - App State and USA - are only ahead of Texas State because of the bonuses their staffs received from success. If Texas State had similar success as those two, they would be ahead. In other words, Texas State is 5th among the 10 Sun Belt schools in football salaries . . . and, again, that doesn't even include paying a high amount for a strength coach, DFO, etc.

You do realize you're digging this hole even deeper for yourself, right?


Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6322
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
run faster wrote:
two schools - App State and USA - are only ahead of Texas State because of the bonuses their staffs received from success.

you're bad at math. "coaching staff total" does not include bonus money.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm
Posts: 463
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
This is still the dumbest argument ever!

Withers is paid more than enough for us to demand results from him. The next coach we bring in, will also be paid more than enough to expect results!


Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:39 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
This is still the dumbest argument ever!

Withers is paid more than enough for us to demand results from him. The next coach we bring in, will also be paid more than enough to expect results!


I THINK the underlying point that it trying to be made is that while Withers is making good money for his position (relative to the conference, and G5 in general), it is the assistant coaching salaries that are WAY behind.

But I haven't read this whole thing because... Well, it doesn't matter. We are paying them what we are paying them. They accepted the job, and 2 seasons of 2-10, and a 1-3 record is not acceptable.

_________________
Image


Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
Saul Goodman wrote:
run faster wrote:
two schools - App State and USA - are only ahead of Texas State because of the bonuses their staffs received from success.

you're bad at math. "coaching staff total" does not include bonus money.



No. You're atrocious at logic.

Texas State, at the worst, and not taking into TX State's inflated salaries given to support staff, is 7th in the 10 team Sun Belt. In other words, they are in the middle of the conference. Further, based on standard deviation, they are very close to being in the top half of the conference (only $6000 away from being #6 and $56,000 away from being #5). Yet Texas State's performance under Withers has been the worst in the conference.

Assuming that salaries are directly related to success, Texas State should be finishing between 5th and 7th in the conference instead of dead last. Then, taking into consideration the other things Texas State has on its side (recruiting region, size of enrollment, recruiting budget, travel budget, facilities, etc.) over many conference peers, Texas State should be finishing in the top 3 every year.

Your argument continues to fail. Football salaries are not even a remotely legitimate reason why Withers has failed.


Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6322
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
run faster wrote:
Your comment about Texas State being 8th in assistant salary pay and it being under $1 million is bogus.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2 ... nationally

Image

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6479
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
Pitiful to be that far behind when we have a large budget. Add another 500k a year at least. We must be putting all our budget to the loans for the stadium. Take a 100k or more from Teis's salary and put it in the pool.


Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:40 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
Damn... over 300k behind others IN THE STATE.

But on the plus side, we're doing more with less! UTEP is worse than us.

SEE ASSHOLES? LARRY IS DOING MORE WITH LESS!

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
slycat wrote:
Pitiful to be that far behind when we have a large budget. Add another 500k a year at least. We must be putting all our budget to the loans for the stadium. Take a 100k or more from Teis's salary and put it in the pool.


I have this feeling that most of our money is tied up in Asst. AD's. I'm wiating on some information, but it just feels like we have WAY too many of them.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 185
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
TheRevSWT wrote:
slycat wrote:
Pitiful to be that far behind when we have a large budget. Add another 500k a year at least. We must be putting all our budget to the loans for the stadium. Take a 100k or more from Teis's salary and put it in the pool.


I have this feeling that most of our money is tied up in Asst. AD's. I'm wiating on some information, but it just feels like we have WAY too many of them.


Lawrence B. Teis $325,000
Travis L. Comer $108,190
Donald B. Coryell $106,418
Tracy L. Shoemake $106,418
Bryan Keith Miller $68,265
Kelsey N. Solis $65,063
Jeremy Robert Stolfa $66,349


Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Waco, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
BobcatSideEye wrote:
Lawrence B. Teis $325,000
Travis L. Comer $108,190
Donald B. Coryell $106,418
Tracy L. Shoemake $106,418
Bryan Keith Miller $68,265
Kelsey N. Solis $65,063
Jeremy Robert Stolfa $66,349

You mean to tell me the lackluster effort given by the AD dept. is costing the school almost a million a year in salaries? Pathetic.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:04 am
Posts: 57
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
Sounds like the football team has to do more with less while the administration does less with more...


Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6479
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
We pay out more to the AD and the assistant ADs than Bobcat Club has ever brought in. This is what happens when the dept is funded by students. No need to fight for funds and they can happily pay themselves more and cut funding for recruiting trips.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7790
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: To be fair.....
slycat wrote:
We pay out more to the AD and the assistant ADs than Bobcat Club has ever brought in. This is what happens when the dept is funded by students. No need to fight for funds and they can happily pay themselves more and cut funding for recruiting trips.



That's a valid concern.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group