Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 **I35 Rivalry:@UTSA 2018 Gameday Thread** 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: **I35 Rivalry:@UTSA 2018 Gameday Thread**
treacherous wrote:
Pathetic. UTSA is not good. We could have beaten them with better coaching decisions and play calling.

I think one of the most damning pieces of evidence of incompetence in this game is not the QB draw at the end (though that was bad) but putting Gibson(?) in before Vitt. Vitt is quite clearly the most talented QB on the team and needs to be starting. For the coaches not to see that means either they are blind or dumb. I'd put my money on the latter.

Btw, still haven't seen Williams complete a pass to the right team...

I gotta think Withers knew he would have no pressure to perform year 1 & 2, and this year he just needed to show SOME improvement over prior years to keep anyone from giving him grief about it (and by anyone, I mean anyone with the power to fire him). So he was trying to save Vitt for next year.

Doesn't look like that is gonna be an option. given the performance Vitt turned in off the bench, and combined with the possibility of WJIII being hurt... Vitt has to be the guy.

Gipson looks to be a good athlete, but not a QB. Then again, I say the same about WJIII. That brings up a whole other problem... We really only have ONE QB on roster.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

treacherous wrote:

I think one of the most damning pieces of evidence of incompetence in this game is not the QB draw at the end (though that was bad) but putting Gibson(?) in before Vitt. Vitt is quite clearly the most talented QB on the team and needs to be starting. For the coaches not to see that means either they are blind or dumb. I'd put my money on the latter.

I said it earlier but my thought process on that is that they were afraid of burning Vitt's redshirt. They thought that Gibson was gonna be a little more effective than that, and maybe enough to keep things going to give WJIII time to rest and them come back in? This is the only thing that makes sense to me. I think after that 2nd three and out by Gibson it was evident that the offense was going nowhere and if this team had any chance of pulling it out then redshirt be damned, Vitt was the way to go. I mean he is clearly the No. 2 guy based on the fact that we saw him and not Gibson against Rutgers and USA.

However, I think at this point it is pretty clear that Tyer Vitt > WJIII. He had some bonehead moments today but he was still more effective than WJIII and I think it will be really interesting to see who the starter against Louisana will be.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:50 pm
Junior Bobcat

Do y’all realize we had 26 rushing yards...... 26....... TWENTY SIX

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

MRN MAVERICK wrote:

actually had 61, but ncaa scorekeeping counts sack yardage lost against rushing (nfl does not). 61 is still ass.

the most damning rush stat: running backs had 8 carries for 28 yards. 8 fucking carries.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:10 am
Bobcat Wannabe

We have 38 freshman and 15 RS and 15-20 soph under 12 Sr.

With that said we are in rebuild mode. But if the game went on 12 more minutes you would have won. We aren't that good. Goood criowd though, over the next 8 years we will see who's program is getting better. Our coach made bad calls and our QB is awful. Frank Harris was supposed to be our savior but he's injury prone. Good game guys. I was sweating the whole game. But we have a lot of RS 3* and fresh 3* and soph 3*. So I expect us to be good in 2019 & 2020

Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

treacherous wrote:
Pathetic. UTSA is not good. We could have beaten them with better coaching decisions and play calling.

Btw, still haven't seen Williams complete a pass to the right team...

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

MRN MAVERICK wrote:

Part of that was us being behind and throwing to catch up most of the night, but you are right, we NEED to establish some semblance of a run game now that we have a vertical passing game to keep defenses honest.

My money is on Anthony Taylor, since I've been high on the guy since day one of Fall camp his freshman year. But knowing Withers and Co., they will bury him deep in the depth chart to go against the grain.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15