Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Leave Larry Alone 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Leave Larry Alone
This is the one game my family and I are going to. Yeah me!

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I just got word from a student journalist that they too are afraid of losing acess to our athletic programs if they write anything perceived as challenging to leadership. This is the state of TXST leadership now. Seriously.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I've now seen that sentiment from 3 different media sources. Is it like that at other universities? That if you criticize the terrible job their doing that you lose your access?

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Last season, The Star published two articles blasting the football program for not allowing their reporters access to any of the players for interviews. They were pretty aggressive with the things they called Withers/the program out for regarding it, and strangely, neither of the articles are on the website. There may have even been three articles about it on the day in the print copy, one being an editorial.

This issue isn't new with the student newspaper and Withers.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

nor is the issue of trying to control media outlets new to txst football. fran's manipulation was fairly blatant.

as i was watching the ktsw kid w/ cedric golden's bit on larry i was thinking that poor kid is doing his last sports piece.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

What if all of the media outlets that cover Texas State got together and all wrote hit pieces on the athletic department and their handling of media relations. They can't kick them all out. Can they?

Seems like a coordinated effort from the media would for sure get Teis fired.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

why would they do that? not the role of the media at all.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

I don't know.. maybe because they want to get a better AD in there that is more media friendly and uses them as a way to elevate TXST's notoriety. As opposed to one that threatens to pull their access if they even hint at criticism of the way things are going.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
I don't know.. maybe because they want to get a better AD in there that is more media friendly and uses them as a way to elevate TXST's notoriety. As opposed to one that threatens to pull their access if they even hint at criticism of the way things are going.

As a fan, I totally get what you're saying. But, for a journalist, that would be unethical, I believe.

For the University Star kids? That's not something you want on your resume. For a professional? i think that might be really bad for future opportunities too.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Media directly calling for someone's firing is unethical. A critical opinion piece is not.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

josh_ooh_ahh wrote:
Media directly calling for someone's firing is unethical. A critical opinion piece is not.

Yea, I'm not saying they should all get together and publicly call for his head, but they're all afraid to even be critical of the department right now.

There are very clear failures in multiple areas that should be covered in the media. It's not, because they are too afraid of losing access. That is what I have a problem with.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:00 pm
SuperCat

Here's a little secret -- you don't NEED "access" to do your job at the Star or any other media outlet. You can simply investigate, write, and publish with a statement to the effect that so-and-so from the Department of Athletics declined to comment.

Put the heat on them (for legitimate reasons) and the ball is in their court to respond or leave the story out there as is.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:52 pm
Junior Bobcat

Ive had it - I’ve reached out to two of my buddies at the AAS - trying to stir the pot...

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatSideEye wrote:
Here's a little secret -- you don't NEED "access" to do your job at the Star or any other media outlet. You can simply investigate, write, and publish with a statement to the effect that so-and-so from the Department of Athletics declined to comment.

Put the heat on them (for legitimate reasons) and the ball is in their court to respond or leave the story out there as is.

This isn't the New York Times. It is a student newspaper where the reporters are guided what to write about much of the time. Many student newspapers do profiles of athletes and coaches to allow students the opportunity to know them. Those stories need interviews, quotes, and background about athletes and coaches, which is best gained from spending a few minutes with them.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ktsw kid is riverbobcat?

https://ktswblog.net/2018/09/28/jeff-ho ... -exposure/

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next