USA game 
True Bobcat Fan

Post USA game
Is this the biggest game in EW tenure at TXST? Why or why not?

I'm going to say yes based on the situation we are now in - see dead last thread for details. Many of us were holding out hope for a year three turnaround or improvement. I have always said that I would support EW until at least year three then judge him on Ws and Ls.

If we win: we are 2-1 and 1-0 in conference. We will have matched the win total for the last two season in only game 3. There will be some reason for optimism going into the rest of the schedule that we might find a couple of other wins.

If we lose: it starts to look a lot like the groundhog day movie. We will only have a win against a fcs team in unimpressive fashion going into the UTSA game. Hope starts to dwindle for a turnaround this year, especially if we lose by double digits. Fans and recruits lose interest.

Maybe this is just another game and I'm making too much of it. What is your opinion?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: USA game
To me, it matters more about how we look this year, though I am still expecting 4-5 wins come season end.

If we go out there against USA and look like... well, like we have no O-line, like we have an inaccurate QB, and a defense that is mediocre at best... Then I'm gonna be concerned (note: I am already preparing myself to be concerned).

If we go out there and lose, but the O-line opens some holes for the RB's, the QB looks like a young but improving QB with his reads and progressions, and the defense plays well? I'll be filled with a modicum of hope for the rest of the future.

The UTSA game will be the biggest game of his tenure here, I think. They are down, and this is the year he should be seeing growth. If he can't pull out at LEAST a competitive game... Then he needs to start packing (in my opinion, not saying it WILL happen).

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
If we go out there and lose, but the O-line opens some holes for the RB's, the QB looks like a young but improving QB with his reads and progressions, and the defense plays well? I'll be filled with a modicum of hope for the rest of the future.

If those things happen, Texas State can't lose. USA is a very bad football team. You think our offense is bad? USA averages about 220 yards per game. Both of their QBs are so bad that they can't decide on the lesser of two evils.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Here’s a preview of Coach’s post game speech:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMP8l175So#dialog

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
If those things happen, Texas State can't lose. USA is a very bad football team. You think our offense is bad? USA averages about 220 yards per game. Both of their QBs are so bad that they can't decide on the lesser of two evils.

I do not take anything for granted as a Bobcat fan.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I guess I could put my theory a different way. After this game I think we will know if:

1. EW still has a chance to turn this thing around.

OR

2. This guy is toast and it’s just a matter of time.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
run faster wrote:

I do not take anything for granted as a Bobcat fan.

*hand salute* Totally agree Rev. I've been scorched so many times by this team. May the gods of college football have mercy on us.

(que the puppy for blood sacrifice) :(

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:59 pm
Junior Bobcat

USA will wax us on Saturday. Won’t be a close game.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

MRN MAVERICK wrote:
USA will wax us on Saturday. Won’t be a close game.

Our defense can keep us in the game for at least the first half. Their offense is bad . . . not as bad as Texas State's, but still pretty terrible.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Junior Bobcat

I haven’t seen anything except the highlights from the ok state game and they looked like they will slap us to me.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't see this game being a blowout at all.

But I do see USA comfortably winning.

And I am hoping that my Bobcats prove me wrong.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 pm
SuperCat

This game is the real test to see where the program is really at, both teams being near the football bottom in the Sun Belt and nationally. Our defense should be a lot better than USA's and hopefully we just stop giving up big pass plays. The Offensive will have to have a much better game than they did against TSU. Also read that Coastal will move their game this weekend to Campbell due to weather. First time in a very long time I can remember FBS school making trip to FCS school.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Game was played today. Coastal won 58-21.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
Game was played today. Coastal won 58-21.

originally i was disappointed that we didn't schedule our only win from last year this season but now im really glad considering the issues weve had giving up the home run plays and hail marys there is no way we would be able to hold them to 7 points this season with our offense continually leaving the field in punt formation

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:35 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Will Florence affect anything for this game (travel/game time)? It's projected to hit between Carolina and Georgia and then move W-NW at a slower rate than when it was out to sea.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 am