How does Larry Teis still have a job? 
SuperCat

Post How does Larry Teis still have a job?
And what can we realistically do to change that?

I’d like to get invited to a bowl game before I’m dead.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: How does Larry Teis still have a job?
utsa guy your shenanigans can be consolidated here. thanks.

http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27472

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:20 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

While it is a tired and frustrating question, it is a valid one as well. After all of the grumbling, bitching, and complaining...at the end of the day, the only real votes that we can cast are with with our wallets and butts in the bleachers.

Hopefully, things will turn somehow with the football program this year and we will miraculously find some success. Two games into the season however, it looks more and more like this won't be the case. With an announced home opener attendance of 15,440, things could get bleak this year. Typically, we start the season with 22K to 24K at our home opener (excluding the Texas Tech and U of H sellouts) and then slide into oblivion as the losses pile up. Starting the season at 15K could be an omen that our fandom, in general, is fed up. Hopefully, things will somehow turn for the better and we salvage the season but that seems to be a long shot at this point.

Maybe that empty stadium, coupled with the misery of what might be this year, not to mention declining donations, etc. will finally be a tipping point for a change in leadership. Every organization has it's pain threshold...

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I feel it is his job until he wants to retire or some sort of scandal occurs. Donations, winning, and butts in the seats probably don't matter. The student fees fund the program so there is zero reason for him to try or care. He will continue to cover the budget the the school president and board don't seem to care enough about success to make changes. It is more of "hey you wanted FBS football, here it is losers, now shut up and appreciate what we did for you."

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

wouldn't-it-be-nice wrote:
Hopefully, things will turn somehow with the football program this year and we will miraculously find some success. Two games into the season however, it looks more and more like this won't be the case. With an announced home opener attendance of 15,440, things could get bleak this year. Typically, we start the season with 22K to 24K at our home opener (excluding the Texas Tech and U of H sellouts) and then slide into oblivion as the losses pile up. Starting the season at 15K could be an omen that our fandom, in general, is fed up. Hopefully, things will somehow turn for the better and we salvage the season but that seems to be a long shot at this point.

The weather played a part in the turnout, as well as our performance the week before.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

nUTSAck wrote:
And what can we realistically do to change that?

personally, i'm spending $10 week on lottery tickets.

the only way he leaves before the bun is if someone goes boone pickens/phil knight on txst, or the good doctor decides he hates free money.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Trauth is like 71 years old. At some point in the not too distant future she's probably going to retire. The next president is going to have to care more about athletics. If they do, Teis may not last more than a couple years with a new pres. Either way, we'll be saddled with Larry for a min of at least a few more years. We'll have to wait till Trauth is ready to hang it up, then wait until a new president gets everything they want accomplished on the academic side completed before they can shift their focus to such a big change to the athletic dept.

That's just like, my opinion, man.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i would hope the ad change would be one of the 1st things on the to do list, and discussed during the hiring process. most presidents understand the importance athletics brings to a university.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
I feel it is his job until he wants to retire or some sort of scandal occurs.

Time to create a scandal... What would be bad enough to get him fired immediately?

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I agree. The job is his until Trauth dies or retires and the new president realizes how incompetent he really is.

Other than that, it would take a wealthy donor to call/pay for his removal, a big scandal, or the students to organize and stop writing the athletic department a $30 million dollar check every year. None of those are likely.

The first problem with Larry is that he's a dumbass but even if he wasn't, the next real problem is that there's no incentive for him to improve our athletic program. For him, more success = more work. More success = more responsibility. More success =/= more pay.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

he also has no concept of what his job truly is - serving the students and alumni by providing the best possible teams and fan experience possible. watching del conte come in and take over at texas is simply the exact opposite of what larry is/does. go take a look at the conversations he's having w/ alumni, fans, donors: https://twitter.com/_delconte and compare that to our ad, who literally hides from us.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
slycat wrote:

Time to create a scandal... What would be bad enough to get him fired immediately?

Teis is a lot of things, but scandalous is not one of them. He's not gonna have a #MeToo moment lurking in his past. And frankly, that lack of scandal is probably why he is still here.

Given the current academic trajectory of the university, which is almost on autopilot at this point, a new President could easily turn some focus to athletics while maintaining or enhancing the university's academic advancement. Trauth is leaving a solid legacy, academically & facilities wise, for the next President to build upon. A great, justifiable case can be made for Trauth retiring into an emeritus position of some kind (especially given the relationships she has cultivating in that academic advancement). I would say this of anyone, but at 71 she needs to retire, relax & enjoy her life now.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I've been following CDC at Texas on Twitter for awhile and that guy is amazing. Makes you realize real quick how great an AD can be and the absolute joke we have in LT.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
slycat wrote:

You don't have to create anything. Just ask around about his daughter, under 21 years old at the time, drinking on road trips in front of them.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I have had many conversations with CDC at Texas. He’s simply amazing. He’s competent, tireless, and truly gives a shit. I would settle for one of the three here.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 pm