Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Tyler Vitt.... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
pedestrian for sure from 08-12 when they didn't make the 3rd weekend of the playoffs once - their longest such stretch in forever.

judson is definitely back, and very, very good this year. not sure about elite as they haven't been able get past westlake or lake travis the last 2 years, but they had back-to-back state semifinals the 2 years prior. they have a good playoff draw this year - avoided westlake who is the best team in the region and don't get lake travis until the regional championship, if lt can get there - they are not the same lake travis we've seen in recent year. path seems clear to the state semis.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Umm...don't get ahead of yourself Saul. Next week, Westlake first needs to get by Edinburg Vela and Lake Travis by Weslaco. 8)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

lt has some incredible skill position players, but wilson is out for the rest of the season and their ol is not good at all.
Saul Goodman wrote:
if lt can get there - they are not the same lake travis we've seen in recent year.

not worried about westlake one bit. certainly not vs a valley team. chaps defense is outstanding this year - haven't given up more than 2 td since their loss to 11-1 cy ranch (who just lost to 11-1 westfield).

i think westlake rolls to the state finals. longview v westfield is going to be a great game for the r2 finals and either takes care of the r1 winner.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:05 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

i know i know. As a valley native just sticking up for my people.

I still remember subbing at one of the Westlake Middle Schools back before I got a full time teaching gig and chatting with one of the coaches as they were prepping for the next weeks playoff game against a valley team and he told me, "Yeh next week will be good. We treat it almost like a bye week. A chance to rest our starters, and get our younger kids some playing time, and send more of our coaches ahead to other games and get more eyes to scout the next weeks potential opponent." :(

Just waiting for the days that we can get a 6A team past the 3rd round of the playoffs. Used to be needed to get by the Judson juggernaut (although San Benito will be facing them next week too), now it is the Westlake/Lake Travis juggernaut.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thank you for not starting a new thread about this. Carry on. :lol:

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So yeh, that guy Tyler Vitt.... :lol: ... I will say that I was really impressed with him in his 1st showing at the UTSA game (despite the safety- which seemed to happen alot this year). After that, I felt like he kinda of regressed. I dunno...as my October schedule got crazy I didn't get to see alot of Bobcat football, but what I did see from him as the season progressed was not as good as he initially began with. Maybe the numbers say otherwise, but regardless I hope the new coaching staff can do something with him in the offseason and get things righted for the 2019 season.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El Gato wrote:
So yeh, that guy Tyler Vitt.... :lol: ... I will say that I was really impressed with him in his 1st showing at the UTSA game (despite the safety- which seemed to happen alot this year). After that, I felt like he kinda of regressed. I dunno...as my October schedule got crazy I didn't get to see alot of Bobcat football, but what I did see from him as the season progressed was not as good as he initially began with. Maybe the numbers say otherwise, but regardless I hope the new coaching staff can do something with him in the offseason and get things righted for the 2019 season.

He lost a lot of reps because Withers kept trying to go back to WJIII (or Gipson once he was out for the season), which disrupts everything about the QB position.

Not to mention he faced all the tough teams (GS, ULL, ARST, Troy, App St) in the conference while WJIII faced cupcakes (Rutgers, TSU, USA, NMST, GAST). Which explains why one was 3-3 and the other 0-6 as starter.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

One thing I think we can probably all agree on:

Withers' departure is an opportunity for WJIII and Vitt. One thing that has been readily apparent during Withers' tenure is that quarterback coaching was poor and appeared to regress. Or at least the product we saw on the field tended to indicate this, which I suppose could also be the result of the already well-documented disconnect between what was being practiced during the week & what was being called on game day. A new head coach will hopefully provide an opportunity for both to develop to their potential, regardless of whomever ultimately wins the starting job. At least most of the names being tossed about for head coach appear to have some form of achievement in developing QBs to their potential.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

I love all of the HS Playoff talk! The playoffs are a great time in Texas!

If you get the chance to come up to DFW to watch the Championship games at Jerry World (4 days of HS football) I would highly recommend.

$20 Parking
$15 Ticket (you can stay for all 3 games on that day)

It's cool watching in FSSW, but it's really cool to be there!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~
#FIRE TEIS

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GMAN wrote:
I love all of the HS Playoff talk! The playoffs are a great time in Texas!

If you get the chance to come up to DFW to watch the Championship games at Jerry World (4 days of HS football) I would highly recommend.

$20 Parking
$15 Ticket (you can stay for all 3 games on that day)

It's cool watching in FSSW, but it's really cool to be there!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~
#FIRE TEIS

Did that when it was in Houston a few years back. Went for Westlake and stayed for Lake Travis (had clients whose kids went to both at the time)....definitely worth it.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
not worried about westlake one bit.

worried now - that valley team broke the starting qb's leg on a late hit last week and he's out for the season. we'll see just how that defense is this saturday in the dome vs brandeis. winner is district champ and into the final 4.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

not surprisingly:

the worst lake travis team in a decade+ thumps the best judson team in a decade+ 38-21
westlake and their backup qb, rb and c work brandeis over to the tune of 26-0

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saw some of the write up on the Westlake game. They put their safety in as a RB they got so desperate. They also lost two fumbles and failed to convert on two 4th down conversions giving Brandeis great field position which they could not capitalize on. Not a surprise on that last statement considering they held Brandeis to 59 yards of offense and three 1st downs.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

yup - offense has always been westlake’s calling card, but this defense is championship quality, no doubt. just not sure they can come up w/ enough offense to win 2 more.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6