Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Tyler Vitt.... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Colt Golden wrote:

BTW region IV tends to lend it itself to one or two power house district at each level. Because normally 6 of the 8 districts can't play for crap. Sealy has historically loved it when they are in region IV instead of III. Much easier path to the semi's. Cuero is always good, but not usually challenged much. Same with Smithson Valley and Judson ( or whoever comes out of that district).

Back to the point. Taxi don't know shit about football in this state and it is my contention that he don't know shit about college football. From what I can tell he gets some info about our program but doesn't know enough about football to actually put anything worthwhile together.

You're comparing 3A & 4A football to 6A, and I don't know much about high school football in the state? Well, no wonder you're trying to jump on Saul's wagon.....birds of a feather flock together.

Since you are being nit picky and trying to prove an un-provable point, this week's rankings alone had four San Antonio/Austin teams in the top 20 State teams (that's 20% of playoff teams) and that's only because San Antonio Madison, Reagan, Smithson Valley and many other area teams were eliminated by those four teams or each other and moved down the rankings.

Notice how Saul waited until the THIRD week of the playoffs to resurrect this thread. Why you wonder? Because before this week there were several key matchups that destroyed his notion that the entire San Antonio and Austin areas were devoid of football talent.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/footba ... ion-6a.htm

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
This one was too easy: for you being one that knows about high school football, you sure didn't know some teams play in the same district but go to separate divisions for playoffs, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

jfc. just stop.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
This one was too easy: for you being one that knows about high school football, you sure didn't know some teams play in the same district but go to separate divisions for playoffs, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

jfc. just stop.

You resurrected it because of your unhealthy infatuation with trying to prove me wrong at anything. Even if it is something as trivial as High School football, which once again you were proven incorrect after I was able to do even base research.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

no, you didn't. you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
no, you didn't. you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

Great retort. Great one. So enlightening.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Colt Golden wrote:

BTW region IV tends to lend it itself to one or two power house district at each level. Because normally 6 of the 8 districts can't play for crap. Sealy has historically loved it when they are in region IV instead of III. Much easier path to the semi's. Cuero is always good, but not usually challenged much. Same with Smithson Valley and Judson ( or whoever comes out of that district).

Back to the point. Taxi don't know shit about football in this state and it is my contention that he don't know shit about college football. From what I can tell he gets some info about our program but doesn't know enough about football to actually put anything worthwhile together.

You're comparing 3A & 4A football to 6A, and I don't know much about high school football in the state? Well, no wonder you're trying to jump on Saul's wagon.....birds of a feather flock together.

Since you are being nit picky and trying to prove an un-provable point, this week's rankings alone had four San Antonio/Austin teams in the top 20 State teams (that's 20% of playoff teams) and that's only because San Antonio Madison, Reagan, Smithson Valley and many other area teams were eliminated by those four teams or each other and moved down the rankings.

Notice how Saul waited until the THIRD week of the playoffs to resurrect this thread. Why you wonder? Because before this week there were several key matchups that destroyed his notion that the entire San Antonio and Austin areas were devoid of football talent.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/footba ... ion-6a.htm

3 teams came from region iv with two at #19-20. Only Jusdon is elite. All three came from district 25 & 26. Next best district that produces college players is northside in 28. Not near as many players come from Madison and the rest of district 27. Vandegriff is in region ii with round rocks and leanders.

I want Vitt to do great, but you pushing him with unfactual info has, once again, damaged your credibility.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Back to the original focus of this thread, if Vitt isn't the undisputed starter next season, he should transfer out. As a FR he already has a better completion percentage than WJIII and save for the Troy game where he threw 5 INTs, he was very efficient with the ball in his hands.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/pl ... id/4362667

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Back to the original focus of this thread, if Vitt isn't the undisputed starter next season, he should transfer out. As a FR he already has a better completion percentage than WJIII and save for the Troy game where he threw 5 INTs, he was very efficient with the ball in his hands.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/pl ... id/4362667

That is solid. One or the other might not play next year. Depends on the offense we run.

I was actually dissapointed with WJIII this year. I hoped he would throw the ball better with a year under his belt. I don't think Fran did many things well, but his QB coach had Rutherford throwing the ball so much better his Sr year compared to coming out of JC ball the year before.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Colt Golden wrote:

That is solid. One or the other might not play next year. Depends on the offense we run.

I was actually dissapointed with WJIII this year. I hoped he would throw the ball better with a year under his belt. I don't think Fran did many things well, but his QB coach had Rutherford throwing the ball so much better his Sr year compared to coming out of JC ball the year before.

What sucks more is that he has THE best arm on the team hands down, if he worked on being more accurate and being faster on his reads he would be right up there with Nealy in stature. But I completely agree, a good hire at QB coach would do wonders for him.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

To be fair WJIII was playing very well when he got hurt. He had improved immensly since the beginning of the season. I prefer Vitt as the starter as well but mainly because WJIII gets hurt too easily and would not make a whole season. Either the o line is going to have to protect better or we need a quicker qb.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm
SuperCat

No doubts about his arm. He threw some deep outs from far hash marks. If we expect our QB to run a great deal on option or designed runs (fran and withers) then he might not be our best option moving forward. I actually want him to be our QB because of his arm and I want to chunk the rock. However, we could land somebody easily as good as him in this years recruiting class. For example, an Arndt, that we stole from more established programs. Arndt had a better arm and TJ was a better dual threat.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 pm
SuperCat

cgd469 wrote:
To be fair WJIII was playing very well when he got hurt. He had improved immensly since the beginning of the season. I prefer Vitt as the starter as well but mainly because WJIII gets hurt too easily and would not make a whole season. Either the o line is going to have to protect better or we need a quicker qb.

Yah, that last game; all be it agaisnt lesser competition, was sweet.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 pm
SuperCat

BTW, I wish I had Vitt's athletic ability, drive, determination and smarts that got him to where he is at. I would have given my left nut to be where he is.

Hats off to the young man. I hope he makes the most of it and enjoys playing college football.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I just skimmed the last bit, but Colt, did you say Judson is elite again?

I seem to recall a time when they lost their luster and became... more pedestrian, so if they are elite again, it will make me feel like a kid when they were the studs of the game.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 pm
SuperCat

TheRevSWT wrote:
I just skimmed the last bit, but Colt, did you say Judson is elite again?

I seem to recall a time when they lost their luster and became... more pedestrian, so if they are elite again, it will make me feel like a kid when they were the studs of the game.

Pedestrian? They have always had a strong running game.

Uber driver posted Max Preps top 20. Judson was #6. In Dave Campbells they were preseason #5. Those Rockets are pretty darn good even on the new field turf.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next