Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Tyler Vitt.... 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Colt Golden wrote:


BTW region IV tends to lend it itself to one or two power house district at each level. Because normally 6 of the 8 districts can't play for crap. Sealy has historically loved it when they are in region IV instead of III. Much easier path to the semi's. Cuero is always good, but not usually challenged much. Same with Smithson Valley and Judson ( or whoever comes out of that district).

Back to the point. Taxi don't know shit about football in this state and it is my contention that he don't know shit about college football. From what I can tell he gets some info about our program but doesn't know enough about football to actually put anything worthwhile together.




You're comparing 3A & 4A football to 6A, and I don't know much about high school football in the state? Well, no wonder you're trying to jump on Saul's wagon.....birds of a feather flock together.

Since you are being nit picky and trying to prove an un-provable point, this week's rankings alone had four San Antonio/Austin teams in the top 20 State teams (that's 20% of playoff teams) and that's only because San Antonio Madison, Reagan, Smithson Valley and many other area teams were eliminated by those four teams or each other and moved down the rankings.

Notice how Saul waited until the THIRD week of the playoffs to resurrect this thread. Why you wonder? Because before this week there were several key matchups that destroyed his notion that the entire San Antonio and Austin areas were devoid of football talent.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/footba ... ion-6a.htm


Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:39 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6322
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
This one was too easy: for you being one that knows about high school football, you sure didn't know some teams play in the same district but go to separate divisions for playoffs, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

jfc. just stop.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
This one was too easy: for you being one that knows about high school football, you sure didn't know some teams play in the same district but go to separate divisions for playoffs, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

jfc. just stop.





You resurrected it because of your unhealthy infatuation with trying to prove me wrong at anything. Even if it is something as trivial as High School football, which once again you were proven incorrect after I was able to do even base research.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:52 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6322
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
no, you didn't. you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:00 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Saul Goodman wrote:
no, you didn't. you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.



Great retort. Great one. So enlightening.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Colt Golden wrote:


BTW region IV tends to lend it itself to one or two power house district at each level. Because normally 6 of the 8 districts can't play for crap. Sealy has historically loved it when they are in region IV instead of III. Much easier path to the semi's. Cuero is always good, but not usually challenged much. Same with Smithson Valley and Judson ( or whoever comes out of that district).

Back to the point. Taxi don't know shit about football in this state and it is my contention that he don't know shit about college football. From what I can tell he gets some info about our program but doesn't know enough about football to actually put anything worthwhile together.




You're comparing 3A & 4A football to 6A, and I don't know much about high school football in the state? Well, no wonder you're trying to jump on Saul's wagon.....birds of a feather flock together.

Since you are being nit picky and trying to prove an un-provable point, this week's rankings alone had four San Antonio/Austin teams in the top 20 State teams (that's 20% of playoff teams) and that's only because San Antonio Madison, Reagan, Smithson Valley and many other area teams were eliminated by those four teams or each other and moved down the rankings.

Notice how Saul waited until the THIRD week of the playoffs to resurrect this thread. Why you wonder? Because before this week there were several key matchups that destroyed his notion that the entire San Antonio and Austin areas were devoid of football talent.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/footba ... ion-6a.htm



3 teams came from region iv with two at #19-20. Only Jusdon is elite. All three came from district 25 & 26. Next best district that produces college players is northside in 28. Not near as many players come from Madison and the rest of district 27. Vandegriff is in region ii with round rocks and leanders.

I want Vitt to do great, but you pushing him with unfactual info has, once again, damaged your credibility.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



Back to the original focus of this thread, if Vitt isn't the undisputed starter next season, he should transfer out. As a FR he already has a better completion percentage than WJIII and save for the Troy game where he threw 5 INTs, he was very efficient with the ball in his hands.


http://www.espn.com/college-football/pl ... id/4362667


Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



Back to the original focus of this thread, if Vitt isn't the undisputed starter next season, he should transfer out. As a FR he already has a better completion percentage than WJIII and save for the Troy game where he threw 5 INTs, he was very efficient with the ball in his hands.


http://www.espn.com/college-football/pl ... id/4362667


That is solid. One or the other might not play next year. Depends on the offense we run.

I was actually dissapointed with WJIII this year. I hoped he would throw the ball better with a year under his belt. I don't think Fran did many things well, but his QB coach had Rutherford throwing the ball so much better his Sr year compared to coming out of JC ball the year before.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:59 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
Colt Golden wrote:

That is solid. One or the other might not play next year. Depends on the offense we run.

I was actually dissapointed with WJIII this year. I hoped he would throw the ball better with a year under his belt. I don't think Fran did many things well, but his QB coach had Rutherford throwing the ball so much better his Sr year compared to coming out of JC ball the year before.



What sucks more is that he has THE best arm on the team hands down, if he worked on being more accurate and being faster on his reads he would be right up there with Nealy in stature. But I completely agree, a good hire at QB coach would do wonders for him.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 pm
Posts: 270
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
To be fair WJIII was playing very well when he got hurt. He had improved immensly since the beginning of the season. I prefer Vitt as the starter as well but mainly because WJIII gets hurt too easily and would not make a whole season. Either the o line is going to have to protect better or we need a quicker qb.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
No doubts about his arm. He threw some deep outs from far hash marks. If we expect our QB to run a great deal on option or designed runs (fran and withers) then he might not be our best option moving forward. I actually want him to be our QB because of his arm and I want to chunk the rock. However, we could land somebody easily as good as him in this years recruiting class. For example, an Arndt, that we stole from more established programs. Arndt had a better arm and TJ was a better dual threat.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
cgd469 wrote:
To be fair WJIII was playing very well when he got hurt. He had improved immensly since the beginning of the season. I prefer Vitt as the starter as well but mainly because WJIII gets hurt too easily and would not make a whole season. Either the o line is going to have to protect better or we need a quicker qb.


Yah, that last game; all be it agaisnt lesser competition, was sweet.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
BTW, I wish I had Vitt's athletic ability, drive, determination and smarts that got him to where he is at. I would have given my left nut to be where he is.

Hats off to the young man. I hope he makes the most of it and enjoys playing college football.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
I just skimmed the last bit, but Colt, did you say Judson is elite again?

I seem to recall a time when they lost their luster and became... more pedestrian, so if they are elite again, it will make me feel like a kid when they were the studs of the game.

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am
Posts: 117
Reply with quote
Post Re: Tyler Vitt....
TheRevSWT wrote:
I just skimmed the last bit, but Colt, did you say Judson is elite again?

I seem to recall a time when they lost their luster and became... more pedestrian, so if they are elite again, it will make me feel like a kid when they were the studs of the game.


Pedestrian? They have always had a strong running game.

Uber driver posted Max Preps top 20. Judson was #6. In Dave Campbells they were preseason #5. Those Rockets are pretty darn good even on the new field turf.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group