Receivers
Running Backs
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Secondary & Special Teams

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post KNVA announces partnership w/ TXST Football
AUSTIN–Texas State Athletics, in conjunction with Austin NBC affiliate KXAN-TV (DMA #39), has announced that five home Bobcat football games will air live on sister station KNVA-TV during the 2018 season.

The planned programming lineup reflects the stations’ ongoing commitment to delivering unprecedented gameday experiences and coverage of the best gridiron matchups directly to the homes of local viewers and football fans throughout Central Texas.

“We are excited that KNVA-TV will broadcast five of our football games this fall,” Texas State Director of Athletics Larry Teis said. “This helps give our football program and entire university more notoriety to potential recruits, high school students and college football fans throughout Central Texas.”

The broadcasts will be anchored by the veteran team of David Saltzman and Keith Moreland, along with sideline reporter Megan Birdsong.

“KXAN-TV and KNVA-TV are committed to bringing more exciting local programming and sports content to the local communities that we proudly serve across Central Texas,” stated Eric Lassberg, Vice President and General Manager of KXAN-TV. “College athletics are unique in that strong bonds are formed between students and alumni across multiple generations based on shared traditions and a continued passion for their athletic teams. As a result, we are thrilled to partner with Texas State University to deliver unprecedented viewing experiences and coverage of these five exciting games to local viewers and Bobcats fans throughout Central Texas.”

The first three games that will be broadcast are all slated for 6 p.m. kickoffs and will be the home opener against Texas Southern on Sept. 8, the first conference home game against Louisiana on Oct. 6, and the New Mexico State non-conference clash on Oct. 27. Additional conference tiltsthat are both scheduled for 3 p.m. kickoffs will be games against Appalachian State (Nov. 10) and Arkansas State (Nov. 24).

KNVA can be found on the following local cable channels:

Provider Channel
AT&T 1007
DirecTV51
Dish Network5185
Grande 818
Northland Cable101
Suddenlink725
Spectrum1525
Over the Air14.1

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: 2018 Bobcat Football Season Metathread
Saul Goodman wrote:

Jeez these are lazy...

Using media day quotes from Withers and last year's stats from the website. No interviews with players or coaches, no analysis or opinion, no reporting...just lazy.

Compare these previews to the gameday write ups that X does on here for basketball.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm
Junior Bobcat

tx.state wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Jeez these are lazy...

Using media day quotes from Withers and last year's stats from the website. No interviews with players or coaches, no analysis or opinion, no reporting...just lazy.

Compare these previews to the gameday write ups that X does on here for basketball.

I’m sure they’d rather cover UT and watch them go 5-7 or 6-6 than cover tx st judging by twitter.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: KNVA announces partnership w/ TXST Football
[quote="Saul Goodman"]

The first three games that will be broadcast are all slated for 6 p.m. kickoffs and will be the home opener against Texas Southern on Sept. 8, the first conference home game against Louisiana on Oct. 6, and the New Mexico State non-conference clash on Oct. 27. Additional conference tiltsthat are both scheduled for 3 p.m. kickoffs will be games against Appalachian State (Nov. 10) and Arkansas State (Nov. 24).

While it's exciting to see more TV coverage, it also makes me a little hesitant. Will whatever the university is making in rights fees to air the games exceed what they would make in actual ticket sales? Because I suspect the TV coverage will have an adverse effect on ticket sales.

Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

people are going to come to the games when it's fun/entertaining/worth it to them to do so, and that's a different bar for everyone. have to think the number of people that make a decision to travel less than an hour vs watching on tv is in the low double digits. until then, get as many eyes on it as possible.

biggest benefit for me is being able to dvr the game on a platform that isn't glitchy. i prefer to be at the game for a variety of reasons, but i hate watching on the internet, so i'm never going to go to youtube or espn to re-watch anything other than highlights.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

https://twitter.com/everett_withers/sta ... 2019658753

Attachments:
DkFnemuUYAA4l9Z (2).jpg
DkFnemuUYAA4l9Z (2).jpg [ 122.31 KiB | Viewed 494 times ]

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

This might be the first year I miss a game. Not very motivated to drive to SM to watch another bad team. If they show they can beat a full FBS team, then I will make a game.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i'm all for enthusiasm, but the tags in this tweet just cracked me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(well, one in particular)

https://twitter.com/coachbelliott/statu ... 5178881024

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

I actually like those writeups, considering it was a pre-season/pre-fall camp look. I also agree with most of the quotes Withers had on QB, DL, LB, and DBs.

Defense needs to at bare minimum be as productive as they were last year to keep us in games, and we finally have the horses and the experience to do that up front if everyone stays healthy.

Both QB and Secondary are huge question marks that could turn out surprisingly good or dreadfully bad. There won't be any in-between at those positions.

Since we will be starting Rodgers and moved Kelley over, that should shore it up a little bit because as QB's, they are more in tune with where the WR/QB would want to be in certain plays/down-and-distance situations. Dimmery underachieved last season, so if he can make the most of the limited opportunities he gets when he plays, he can develop nicely next year or two.

One thing that is nice is the depth we have now in the secondary. Talent-wise, that is the deepest position we have on the team other than WR.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

https://twitter.com/coachmayestxst/stat ... 82753?s=21

Keenen Brown making a big play. Taxman-like take: this man will be a starter

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i like how they filmed it w/ that 1960s filter. very hipster/vintage look.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
This might be the first year I miss a game. Not very motivated to drive to SM to watch another bad team. If they show they can beat a full FBS team, then I will make a game.

I live five minutes from the damn stadium and I'm not sure I have the motivation to attend a game. I don't like saying it, but I'm to the point that I need a demonstrable reason not to spend my Saturday evening doing something else. The games I attended last year put me in a foul mood for several days afterward. Call me a bad fan; I don't care.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am