Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Football Video Boards 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6323
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
@TXSTATEFOOTBALL
Progress on one of the video boards #PUSH #EatEmUp

Image

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:24 pm
Posts: 5301
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
Drove by the stadium when I was in San Marcos today and was surprised by how big it looks like these boards are going to be. They’re replacing the columns that held up the previous boards (as you can see in Saul’s pic). Won’t be anything like the Godzillatrons at UT’s DKR and other big stadiums, of course, but they’re going to be nice upgrades for Bobcat Stadium. I was also impressed by what I could see of the new UEC/Strahan expansion. Really looking nice. It’s hard to think we don’t have some of the best athletics facilities in the conference. If only the products on the field and the court weren’t so poor.

_________________
Malleus wrote:
It's not funny when you use my joke against me.


Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 336
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
https://twitter.com/zlucas33/status/1025892824368263168


Attachments:
Djy0FQnUYAAgBuk.jpg
Djy0FQnUYAAgBuk.jpg [ 67.16 KiB | Viewed 1321 times ]

_________________
"And until you have gone out there and proven it and done something, it’s best to kind of keep your mouth shut sometimes.” Keith Brooking
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 336
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
https://twitter.com/BillCulhane22/statu ... 8046824448


Attachments:
Dj4X3ZIU0AAzkPT (2).jpg
Dj4X3ZIU0AAzkPT (2).jpg [ 56.93 KiB | Viewed 1170 times ]

_________________
"And until you have gone out there and proven it and done something, it’s best to kind of keep your mouth shut sometimes.” Keith Brooking
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Posts: 2973
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
Something doesn’t feel right in this thread. Somebody please find something to shit on regarding the video boards before we proceed.

_________________
I've never let my schooling interfere with my education.--Mark Twain

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.


Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 741
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
Had lunch in SM yesterday and drove by the backside of the stadium -- the new boards are going to look really nice. I hope we do a better job utilizing them. I'm thinking the offset steel bars sticking up on the top will hold a supercat.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:39 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 5137
Location: at the neighboring pub...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
SanMarcosWay wrote:
Something doesn’t feel right in this thread. Somebody please find something to shit on regarding the video boards before we proceed.


Sure. They'll still have terrible instant replays of a bad football team, jumpy camera work and a mediocre graphics package. Is that better? :lol:

_________________
I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:57 am
Profile
Online
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 594
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
And don't forget the sound system. :( Unless that's been upgraded as well.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 741
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
bleed gold wrote:
SanMarcosWay wrote:
Something doesn’t feel right in this thread. Somebody please find something to shit on regarding the video boards before we proceed.


Sure. They'll still have terrible instant replays of a bad football team, jumpy camera work and a mediocre graphics package. Is that better? :lol:


Yeah exactly...nothing says TXST game day operations better than waiting way too long to start the replay, then using a supercat splash screen that takes way too long to transition, then starting the replay towards the end of the play, then realizing it and playing it backwards to the beginning of the play, then starting the replay again only to have it mid-play jump back to the long slow transition splash screen and then a commercial that's 3x the volume (or inaudibly quiet). But hey, at least we'll be able to see it much easier now.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:35 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6479
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
tx.state wrote:
bleed gold wrote:
SanMarcosWay wrote:
Something doesn’t feel right in this thread. Somebody please find something to shit on regarding the video boards before we proceed.


Sure. They'll still have terrible instant replays of a bad football team, jumpy camera work and a mediocre graphics package. Is that better? :lol:


Yeah exactly...nothing says TXST game day operations better than waiting way too long to start the replay, then using a supercat splash screen that takes way too long to transition, then starting the replay towards the end of the play, then realizing it and playing it backwards to the beginning of the play, then starting the replay again only to have it mid-play jump back to the long slow transition splash screen and then a commercial that's 3x the volume (or inaudibly quiet). But hey, at least we'll be able to see it much easier now.


Perfect description. I think the super loud commercials are the worst part.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6323
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
https://twitter.com/TxStateBobcats/stat ... 0033456128

Image

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:56 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 pm
Posts: 120
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
Going to look good and help close that end of the stadium.


Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Houston, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
stlwildcats wrote:
Going to look good and help close that end of the stadium.



This..... the stadium looks god awful and will always be a joke in my book until the stands extend all the way to the south end zone at least... its embarrassing and just weird looking.


Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:25 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Posts: 2973
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
run faster wrote:
to be able


And it took you three superfluous words to be a dickhead, but who’s counting?

_________________
I've never let my schooling interfere with my education.--Mark Twain

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.


Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Football Video Boards
MRN MAVERICK wrote:
stlwildcats wrote:
Going to look good and help close that end of the stadium.



This..... the stadium looks god awful and will always be a joke in my book until the stands extend all the way to the south end zone at least... its embarrassing and just weird looking.


That's.... tremendously harsh, I think.

Your opinion though, which is fine.

_________________
Image


Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group