Cautiously optimistic.... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Cautiously optimistic....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

From doing pre-season analysis, we have a decent enough chance to beat Rutgers on the road. They were 4-8 last year and DID beat three Big Ten opponents, but being two score underdogs isn't a bad place to be.

Our defense has a good chance to keep their offense in check with as many returners as we have (biggest worry with McCray being gone will be new defensive scheme), and for the most part we have enough weapons on offense to give them a run for their money regardless of who starts at QB. My money is still on Vitt being the day one starter, and we have a favorable schedule early on. Depending on what kind of team shows up Sept 1st, we have an outside looking in chance at being 3-0 when the UTSA game rolls around. Realistically speaking, a 1-2 record is more likely, but this three game stretch to open the season is very favorable.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Cautiously optimistic....
Maybe I was wrong. Based on the post above mine, San Marcos does have a major drug problem.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's taxman...

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Maybe I was wrong. Based on the post above mine, San Marcos does have a major drug problem.

Please elaborate.

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
It's taxman...

Don't you guys always say I'm negative and hate Withers, when I give y'all some positives.....still try and toss me under the boss. Strange bipolar outlook you got going. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't say you're always negative. You're just wrong like 99.99% of the time (obvious exaggeration, as you make so many claims it's tough to keep track of them all).

"secret plan that gets unveiled come conference"
"He's a mixture of Troy Aikman and Steve Young"
"This team will run the table the rest of the season"

Etc etc etc.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
I don't say you're always negative. You're just wrong like 99.99% of the time (obvious exaggeration, as you make so many claims it's tough to keep track of them all).

"secret plan that gets unveiled come conference"
"He's a mixture of Troy Aikman and Steve Young"
"This team will run the table the rest of the season"

Etc etc etc.

Not gonna lie, that one made me laugh a bit.

As for the rest, you guys need some lessons on extrapolation and sarcasm. :arrow: :arrow:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Good rule: If people don't understand your sarcasm, it means you are not good at sarcasm and should stop.

Also, if you are a sarcastic person you probably should not hold elected or powerful office. You can be humorous, but sarcasm coupled with power does not mix as people in power have to be taken at their word. It also plays out in powerful administrative positions, such as coaches and university leaders.

Extrapolation doesn't seem applicable to the things you routinely say. Extreme hyperbole is probably a better description, as your assertions often involve exaggeration and emotional language. Extrapolation is the action of estimating or concluding something by assuming that existing trends will continue or a current method will remain applicable. Extrapolation, in the case of our beloved Bobcats, is that past performance indicates by-and-large that our best hope is for mediocrity, with basement-dwelling being the most immediate. But we also know that such extrapolation is not a guarantee of future results (since a future result is not known, unlike in interpolation). That is how we've had D2 championships and the 2005 FCS run despite our historic patterns. It is why we see glimmers of hope every season.

Hyperbole, which is what you typically engage in, evokes strong feelings/impressions often without clear factual backing. It can be used in humor, with Chuck Norris jokes being the prime example. "That QB is like a mix of Aikman & Young" is a shining example, except that your delivery presents the phrase as though it is expert opinion. This is because you present yourself as an expert. The reason people here react to you is because you are not an expert but present yourself in the manner. It results in you getting no benefit of the doubt.

The point, of course, being that you are not good at employing either figure of speech. Remember, in humor & oration, the audience is almost always right. We aren't the ones that need some lessons on extrapolation and sarcasm... you are.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed, you gotta be kidding me.

This is nothing more than taxman trying to cover his own dunderheadedness by claiming it was sarcasm and extrapolation.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Hey I'm just explaining why "sarcasm and extrapolation" is not a good excuse for him to use.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
This is nothing more than taxman trying to cover his own dunderheadedness by claiming it was sarcasm and extrapolation.

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

...............................................Image

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:49 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

From doing pre-season analysis, we have a decent enough chance to beat Rutgers on the road. They were 4-8 last year and DID beat three Big Ten opponents, but being two score underdogs isn't a bad place to be.

Our defense has a good chance to keep their offense in check with as many returners as we have (biggest worry with McCray being gone will be new defensive scheme), and for the most part we have enough weapons on offense to give them a run for their money regardless of who starts at QB. My money is still on Vitt being the day one starter, and we have a favorable schedule early on. Depending on what kind of team shows up Sept 1st, we have an outside looking in chance at being 3-0 when the UTSA game rolls around. Realistically speaking, a 1-2 record is more likely, but this three game stretch to open the season is very favorable.

Long time reader.
First time poster.
I’m living on the East Coast now and I can tell you if Big 10 Rutgers looses to us there will be a new Head Coach at Rutgers by the time the post game press conference is over.
To Rutgers, we’re an afterthought at best!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

MickeyMack-7 wrote:

Long time reader.
First time poster.
I’m living on the East Coast now and I can tell you if Big 10 Rutgers looses to us there will be a new Head Coach at Rutgers by the time the post game press conference is over.
To Rutgers, we’re an afterthought at best!

That's part of the reason to be optimistic, their next game after us is Ohio State, which means we will be completely overlooked. And being a two touchdown underdog is a good place to be in that type of situation.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
Good rule: If people don't understand your sarcasm, it means you are not good at sarcasm and should stop.

Also, if you are a sarcastic person you probably should not hold elected or powerful office. You can be humorous, but sarcasm coupled with power does not mix as people in power have to be taken at their word. It also plays out in powerful administrative positions, such as coaches and university leaders.

You cater your approach to your audience. This is a online group of mostly male (no offense intended CatMom) sports enthusiasts. Both Obama and now Trump are extremely sarcastic individuals. Trump more so, but Obama had a mean streak too.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
you probably should not hold elected or powerful office.

as the only mayoral candidate to collect single digit % of votes, that's not likely to be an issue anytime soon.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am