Another TXST Athletics Dept Survey 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Another TXST Athletics Dept Survey
Here's another survey from the Athletics Department. Like the last one just a few months ago, it has a strong focus on sponsorships:

https://learfieldsports.turnkeysurveyor.com/se/4DD229A57D044EDB?utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=txstatebobcats.com&utm_campaign=Share+Your+Opinion+on+Texas+State+Athletics&utm_content=a1ce40d3-24de-49b1-b582-16607dffd7b0

I believe we have the largest athletics budget in the Sun Belt. The schools with smaller budgets are doing more than us. I'm all about having more money, but we should focus on having the right personnel to properly funnel that dough.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Another TXST Athletics Dept Survey
I normally fill out all of these surveys as it's an opportunity to give the AD direct feedback that they hopefully use to make improvements. However, after seeing that this is just another survey regarding sponsors, I didn't bother.

Who the sponsors are and my decision to support those businesses couldn't be any further down the list of what's important to me. These surveys seem so tone-deaf.

Last edited by Voltronjacko on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

The last question in the survey is "Please provide us with any additional feedback, comments or concerns regarding Texas State Athletics."

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Voltronjacko wrote:
Who the sponsors are and my decision to support those businesses couldn't be any further down the list of what's important to me. These surveys seem so tone-deaf.

Perhaps it is my conspiracy theory mind going, but I don't think they are tone deaf. They already know the many shortcomings of the AD, so why bother asking? They then decide to frame questions to get them the answers they want.

If this survey comes back and reflects the population of Bobcat fans being more likely to spend money on a sponsor, they can use that to get more sponsors.

Then Larry looks like he's being successful, and therefore deserves a raise.

Wins? Who cares about wins when people still donate and attend? Who cares about the gameday atmosphere if people still show up?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I made judicious use of every opportunity to respond with "other" and fill in a few choice comments. Many of them are along the lines of "why would I choose to support a sponsor that clearly has bad judgment in determining our athletic department administration is a wise investment partner?"

Whether a company sponsors TxSt athletics has absolutely no bearing on my purchasing choices. My purchasing choices are based on local ownership and whether or not they provide quality goods & services.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

Maybe Dell AMD IBM 3M or Wholefoods would move into San Marcos vicinity to save money on office space. I feel like Wholefoods could be a huge get for us with the Amazon deal. I could just see it now: Jim Wacker field at Amazon Stadium!! No, that will never happen. Though in theory seems like it would be a great thing!

I know everyone is always quick to point to Oregon regarding sponsorship igniting a program but I mean would Oregon really have been in the position to win 10+ games each season between 2008-2014 if it weren't for the ridiculous Nike funding

Hey- Exxon brought their corporate world HQ into the suburb that is Spring, TX so anything is possible I guess

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm