Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Very telling.... 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7372
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Very telling....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



That the only person that was picked up by an NFL team wasn't even a Withers recruit. Congrats to Easy Anyama for getting picked up by the Seattle Seahawks as a Free Agent after the draft. :sign: :sign: :sign:


Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 381
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Withers' transitional class are barely being classified as juniors (JuCos not included). They can't even declare for the draft yet. It took Withers to properly utilize Easy to get him drafted.

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Last edited by Larry Teis on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:01 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Posts: 155
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Can't wait to see what pointless thread you start tomorrow that ends with ....


Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:09 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 1023
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



That the only person that was picked up by an NFL team wasn't even a Withers recruit. Congrats to Easy Anyama for getting picked up by the Seattle Seahawks as a Free Agent after the draft. :sign: :sign: :sign:


There is nothing telling about this. How many Wither's signees have graduated? NONE.

If you were to say its telling that in 3 seasons, Withers has yet to get any of his players (not his signed recruits) to the NFL... you'd be accurate. It wouldn't be that "telling" but it would be accurate. But you didn't.

I'll turn this post into a Congrats to Easy for signing as a free agent. Best of wishes to him.


Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:17 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14923
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Larry Teis wrote:
Withers' transitional class are barely being classified as juniors (JuCos not included). They can't even declare for the draft yet. It took Withers to properly utilize Easy to get him drafted.


Just as a point of clarification... Easy didn't get drafted, I couldn't tell for sure, but I am not sure he signed either, just invited to camp. But not 100% on that one.

Come on, Larry, get your shit together man!

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 381
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
TheRevSWT wrote:
Larry Teis wrote:
Withers' transitional class are barely being classified as juniors (JuCos not included). They can't even declare for the draft yet. It took Withers to properly utilize Easy to get him drafted.


Just as a point of clarification... Easy didn't get drafted, I couldn't tell for sure, but I am not sure he signed either, just invited to camp. But not 100% on that one.

Come on, Larry, get your shit together man!



I'm busy! Do you think I have time to remember silly stuff like our players? pshaw

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:07 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm
Posts: 384
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Just invited to camp. Listed as a safety with Chris Hawkins from USC to provide some competition. Random but my father in law is in rehab after a surgery and Easy's mom is the nurse taking care of him. Learned that he is 1 of 5 with several doctors in the bunch. Very nice family.


Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe

Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 am
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
I wish this fella the best. Seems like a nice guy and if that's true about his family, I like him even more now!


Tue May 15, 2018 8:28 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7372
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
LT Spider wrote:
Just invited to camp. Listed as a safety with Chris Hawkins from USC to provide some competition. Random but my father in law is in rehab after a surgery and Easy's mom is the nurse taking care of him. Learned that he is 1 of 5 with several doctors in the bunch. Very nice family.



That's impressive!


Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:13 pm
Posts: 511
Location: Grand Prairie
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
TheRevSWT wrote:
Just as a point of clarification... Easy didn't get drafted, I couldn't tell for sure, but I am not sure he signed either, just invited to camp. But not 100% on that one.

Come on, Larry, get your shit together man!


Easy is a rookie free agent. We have had players make a roster as a rookie free agent (Clifton Black, Reggie Rivers). This is a common route for a Bobcat football athlete. Some haven't made it (Claude Mathis).


Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:55 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Very telling....
Easy wasn't signed by the Seahawks after his camp (he wasn't brought in as a safety like was reported in this thread) but was then immediately flown out to LA to workout for the Rams. They brought in about four defensive lineman and ended up signing one of them.

Hopefully, he gets another chance. There was/is no guidance given to these guys about what they should look for in choosing agents, which gyms/coaches they should use to workout to stay in shape for their NFL day, etc.


Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Voltronjacko and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group