Starting DT Jordan Mittie has transferred to Kansas State 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Starting DT Jordan Mittie has transferred to Kansas State
https://twitter.com/GPCwallace/status/9 ... 8287758337

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Starting DT Jordan Mittie has transferred to Kansas Stat
Well, that's a kick in the junk.

Wait... How is he transferring FBS to FBS and able to play this coming season if he's a junior?

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:04 pm
SuperCat

Damn

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

My guess is he’s a grad transfer. Since he met his APR requirement, he could go somewhere and play immediately. Sucks no doubt but I had heard a rumor about this a few weeks back and there could be more assuming Aneke, who is not on current 2017 roster. We’ll know more when spring practices begin. This was why I kept pushing for us to take a JC DL to help immediately, if rumor was true. Well, it’s true and this leaves Taylor, Lanza, Wilkins, and possibly Ezidore available to play DT. Again, still leaves Davis all by himself on other side with undersized freshen DEs backing him up.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

if this isnt 'telling' about the culture that in reality withers is not actually building, i dont know what is. its not like the kid is struggling to get playing time. sounds like it is time for everett to rollup the sleeves and get serious about his hot seat. if recruiting is his lifeblood he better figure out his attrition, that in which is losing games. he'll be wishing he had signed justin wright to fill in at DE when he loses one of his DE moving to DT right about now

the SWTBobhorns and horncat posters who work closely with the players could not have been any more right, the players are completely losing faith in withers

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
if this isnt 'telling' about the culture that in reality withers is not actually building, i dont know what is.

never mind that his dad is the women's hoops coach there and he can play for a legend in a p5 conf.

great move for him, completely fucks us. goddamn i hate being a bobcat sometimes.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobkat34 wrote:
My guess is he’s a grad transfer. Since he met his APR requirement, he could go somewhere and play immediately.

Per Keff, you are indeed correct. I guess I just got hung up on him being a junior (thinking that was his progress so far, not his classification for time in the game).

https://twitter.com/Keff_C/status/970670398449700864

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

"the SWTBobhorns and horncat posters who work closely with the players could not have been any more right, the players are completely losing faith in withers"

I miss these guys who actually have some insight. Bobkat 34's info is about all that keeps me around.

Kudos to Mr. Mittie. I have watched him go from being the guy who probably shouldn't have been on the field to a respectable player. AND he is one of Withers "guys." I agree this is telling.

We have always had problems with getting and hanging on to linemen. Do any of you think that not having an indoor practice facility (bubble) plays a big part of that? Big boys don't handle the heat as well.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

i believe mittie was recruited by fran. He redshirted in fran's last season here. Still, one could say he was withers' "guys". Switched positions and gained 60 pounds for the program.

Last edited by Larry Teis on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Tough loss for us but great job by him, he deserves it. It appears that graduate transfers are becoming more common in college football. They work both ways. We have had some good transfers at and around Texas State including our own Damian Williams and at other schools like Baker Mayfield (TT to OU) and Jameill Showers (A&M to UTEP).

Jordan Mitte is big loss. It probably was expected by the staff and is just the way the game is evolving. Thank you for your time here, now go do us proud. Maybe someday a graduate transfer will make a big name at their new school and bring us some good publicity as he transferred from Texas State.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

Certainly can't blame him. Good for Mittie.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

He couldn't have like decided this before NSD so that maybe we could have reconsidered pulling Nanai's offer? Pretty inconsiderate for a supposed "team player", nonetheless, best of wishes. All I know is Withers had better get busy and downright creative with these 5 scholarships toward the 2018 class that he hasn't used yet headed into the 2018 season

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
He couldn't have like decided this before NSD so that maybe we could have reconsidered pulling Nanai's offer? Pretty inconsiderate for a supposed "team player", nonetheless, best of wishes. All I know is Withers had better get busy and downright creative with these 5 scholarships toward the 2018 class that he hasn't used yet headed into the 2018 season

Congrats to Mittie! This is a good opportunity for him, can't blame him for leaving.

Surely Withers knew about this before NSD? If not, we have a bigger problem. We all know that Teis is incompetent, still hoping that Withers isn't incompetent.

The K-State twitter string on the first post is interesting. People still don't appear to know who we are and we are still getting the Necessary Roughness references. So much for our Marketing Department getting the word out.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Mittie was signed by Fran and redshirted his first season. Was moved to DL by Withers and likely because he wasn't going to be a very good LB in 3-4 scheme or dire needs at DL. Yes, Mittie did become a favorite of Withers and Withers even noted that some NFL scouts did ask about him due to his work rate.

If you have an opportunity to move up to P5 and compete at that level to make a name for yourself, it is pretty hard not to take it and then add his parent works there as well.

I would think the coaches may have known and they did add 3* Nico Ezidore so I say they did plan for this. Nanai was a NT and Mittie did not play this regularly and we have 4 NTs... no need to keep him. As I've been hoping, we need more immediate help at DE than DT. Unless Wilkins (coming off injury like Davis) moves over, DE is very thin in size (not in numbers).

Yes, it sucks to lose Mittie but I'm not ready to say he gave up; rather, he's looking for an opportunity in P5 to get noticed more at 6'3/270 and in a 4-3 would likely be a DE and could drop to 255-260 to be effective.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

@Phratcatbocoloco @GreenParrot I am still here always lurking....

Let it be noted that the players I know, while discouraged at the time (obviously we were like 2-8) still insist that Withers does genuinely care more about ALL of his players than Fran did. Fran apparently had obvious favorites.

Anyway, anyone else look at the 2017 Master Plan (Master Plan for next 10 years) mentioning a possible indoor facility? It says there is no "current need" but has been considered. They say the same thing about Bobcat Stadium 5,000 seat expansion. "No current need" but damn if only.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm