Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread 
Author Message
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Houston, TX
Reply with quote
Post @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
For the love of all that is good in this world, I hope we pull out a win.

Our defense will bang with their O all night as long as we can manifest a pass rush, we will be fine on defense.

This game will come down to offensive production. We either will or we won’t get it going (obviously). Pray for the former.


Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6495
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
Bet the under.


Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 pm
Posts: 765
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
MRN MAVERICK wrote:
For the love of all that is good in this world, I hope we pull out a win.

Our defense will bang with their O all night as long as we can manifest a pass rush, we will be fine on defense.

This game will come down to offensive production. We either will or we won’t get it going (obviously). Pray for the former.


Sounds alot like the USA game...

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: St. Louis, MO
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
chockyy wrote:
MRN MAVERICK wrote:
For the love of all that is good in this world, I hope we pull out a win.

Our defense will bang with their O all night as long as we can manifest a pass rush, we will be fine on defense.

This game will come down to offensive production. We either will or we won’t get it going (obviously). Pray for the former.


Sounds alot like the USA game...


I watched UTSA play K-State. I don't see us winning it. Still gentlemen, I'm a life-long optimist and...hell, I still don't see us winning it. :roll: Que sera, sera. :sign:

Shock me Bobcats, please. :cat:

_________________
Go Hard or Go Home!


Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:43 pm
Posts: 194
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
brutus wrote:
chockyy wrote:
MRN MAVERICK wrote:
For the love of all that is good in this world, I hope we pull out a win.

Our defense will bang with their O all night as long as we can manifest a pass rush, we will be fine on defense.

This game will come down to offensive production. We either will or we won’t get it going (obviously). Pray for the former.


Sounds alot like the USA game...


I watched UTSA play K-State. I don't see us winning it. Still gentlemen, I'm a life-long optimist and...hell, I still don't see us winning it. :roll: Que sera, sera. :sign:

Shock me Bobcats, please. :cat:


Idk, I watched parts of their K state game and UTSA did not look very good. K state dominated them and looking at K state's schedule thus far they don't look too hot either.


Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6997
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:


We barely won against a mediocre FCS squad, lost a winnable game against a rebuilding USA squad and were blown out by a cellar-dweller Big 10 team. No way we beat a solid UTSA team that's played some really tough competition to open the season.


Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:57 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 689
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
UTSA is not a solid team.

Right now, Vegas is giving us 7.5 points, it opened at 11. That's pretty big movement in 3 days.

FWIW, we were getting 10 points last week (and it moved to over 11.5 before kickoff).


Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 589
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:


We barely won against a mediocre FCS squad, lost a winnable game against a rebuilding USA squad and were blown out by a cellar-dweller Big 10 team. No way we beat a solid UTSA team that's played some really tough competition to open the season.



I think what taxman is saying is both Rutgers and USA were really bad losses and TSU was a very bad win so at this point I think he's saying that the season is already a wash. Rutgers was absolutely obliterated by Kansas meaning we could not afford to lose that game and we couldn't afford to lose to USA for obvious reasons. I also think what Taxman might be saying is even if we ran the table through game 9 and beat all the winnable matchups (UTSA through Georgia State) to get to 7 wins which probably yet again would not even result in a bowl anyway because of the Rutgers and USA losses so why not just go ahead and just lose the rest of the season in hopes that a buyout or something miraculous happens in the administration.

_________________
"punishing all for the actions of one is simply a way for universities to appear as if they are doing something about something they will never have control of - students drinking"
-Goodman


Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 689
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
Am I in some God damn alternate universe where words have no meaning?


Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:20 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 5620
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
tx.state wrote:
Am I in some God damn alternate universe where words have no meaning?

yes. the souls of sarah sanders, kellyanne conway and sean spicer have invaded this board over the last month. mind bottling some of the shit being spread around here.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:27 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6495
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
tx.state wrote:

Right now, Vegas is giving us 7.5 points, it opened at 11. That's pretty big movement in 3 days.


It's actually been a lot more movement than that.

It actually opened at -7 on Sunday afternoon, moved all the way to -11 by that evening, and has since moved all the way back down to -7 again.


Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:23 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14561
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
tx.state wrote:
UTSA is not a solid team.

Right now, Vegas is giving us 7.5 points, it opened at 11. That's pretty big movement in 3 days.

FWIW, we were getting 10 points last week (and it moved to over 11.5 before kickoff).


Weird, the line I saw on Monday (can't remember where, just googled "what is the line for Texas State UTSA 2018") had us as a 3 point dog.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am
Posts: 419
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
my favorite was when utsa was in its second season of having football existence and they still beat us with our backup qb sousa "who we were too good for"


Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
my favorite was when utsa was in its second season of having football existence and they still beat us with our backup qb sousa "who we were too good for"



But in fairness, that was under Fran . . .

We all know that Withers is too good a judge of talent to ever allow something like that to happen on his watch.

_________________
Bobcat Athletics: Crushing the Hopes and Dreams of Die Hard Fans Since 1899.


Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14561
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: @Texas-San Antonio 2018 thread
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
my favorite was when utsa was in its second season of having football existence and they still beat us with our backup qb sousa "who we were too good for"


Who said we were too good for him?

Just curious.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: txstlinds and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group