For Fun: Pick a Prospect 
True Bobcat Fan

Post For Fun: Pick a Prospect
This is just for fun.

Which unsigned prospect with a current Texas State offer would you like to see commit to the Bobcats?

I reference 247 and will post the link later but hate doing that on my phone.

*Only caveat is that it must be semi-realistic. As in , Nicholas Petit-Frere is not coming to San marcos.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: For Fun: Pick a Prospect
I'll help you out.

Here is TXST offers based off of 24/7: https://247sports.com/college/texas-state/Season/2018-Football/Offers

I still feel we need to shore up some positions like OL at C (need a backup center with only Jordan and Brewer on roster as center with walkon Fryrear 3rd option). Maybe not biggest need but I do think we need to have another.

Need at TE for me with 1 JC senior returning with any significant minutes while Rushing has yet to get any real reps and two freshmen TE signees coming in a bit undersized. Again, not biggest need but I have some concerns with it.

Need on DL with only 2 signees and current/recent commit of Nico... TXST usually brings in 4 DL and I would hope we continue this trend due to injuries last year on DL. To me, this is a huge need. I'm still big on adding a DE commit (not sure if Nico is that guy... I think he's a DT) to help Davis on that side of ball (with some size to help now)

Need at ILB, with just 4 ship players returning and we've been VERY lucky that injuries haven't happened here the last 2 years while OLB took a hit last season with Easy and Vinson dinged up for multiple games. We either need to have someone earn a ship at this position (PWO) or need to find an option here be it signing someone or Graham moves back inside due to need.

Need 2 CBs and right now we have 1 signee and a recent athlete commit (Pope) that I feel will be a DB (CB or S) and current commit in Taj Bickham... If Bickham holds to his verbal commit, we just need 1 more (whether that is Pope, I don't know). Its still a need with just 4 CBs coming back on ship (note: I don't see Aneke listed on roster any longer so I'm wondering if he plans to return for senior year) and we did just offer Tayjon Martin last week. Considering so many teams have 3 starting WRs and will go up to 5 WRs.... just 5-6 CBs may not be enough. Remember Waddy playing with 1 arm last season? Yeah, need more depth here.

After these, I think any other position can continue to be upgraded be it RB, OLB, or K/P.

Based on these things and only picking one player, I'd go with Tayjon Martin. I think Pope will be a Safety with ability to cover and I do think we'll need a 2nd CB to go with Bickham. Partly because he's the only offer we have to be a non-verbal or signed.

Now others I like based on video is (listed Safeties) Chris McDonald and Alex Harris. I do think both would be good OLBs like Griffin is for us. I do like DaRyan Williams too for similar position at OLB. I'd take any of those, if we were going to take a OLB. I have no clue on DL, OL, or TE on where they'd go at those positions.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm not going based on need or any other reason other than to create a pipeline & perhaps get a two for one.

For my pick I'm going to go with Jace Waters, OLB from Allen, TX. Offer list is not too long and from comparable G5 schools (we are the only offer from TX). If we can get Waters to commit; then maybe (crossing fingers) that also helps shore up Bickman to hold true to his commitment. That would also give us 3 defensive players coming from State Finalist Allen H.S., with a culture of winning.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 pm
SuperCat

Not sure if he's on anyone's radar but there's a QB named Torry Locklin from Rockdale that is a legit athlete. Could WR or S. I see he doesn't have any interest or offers on his 247 profile. He played with Jaquaylin Crawford an OU commit so that helped him look good but he's a great athlete himself. Could definitely be a diamond in the rough.

Ughh I hate Rockdale though lol. We should not have lost to them this year.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

i don't like the realistic stipulation. because moro ojomo and tommy bush. :sombrero:

playing by your rules... i'll go with steven shaw, de, manvel

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatCowboy wrote:

I have relatives there. Are you from close to there?

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatCowboy wrote:

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

my favorite prospect is on the decommit list, drake centers

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:59 am
SuperCat

VP98 wrote:
BobcatCowboy wrote:

Yea, the school I work at and Rockdale are rivals even though we're now in different classifications. They must have gotten a lot better as the season went on because they did not look like eventual state champions when we played them early in the season.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

so perfect from you. this kid is out there begging for offers while the level of schools offering continues to drop, but you're still banging that pot.

@Drake_Centers54
17 Dec
Blessed to receive an offer from Prairie View A&M

@Drake_Centers54
18 Dec 2017
I have decided it is in my best interest not to sign this Wednesday. Thank you to all of the coaches that have given me an opportunity, i just need more time to make my decision. Thank you.

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 10
Still looking for a place to call home for the next 4-5 years. My dm’s are open 24/7!!

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 22
Blessed to receive an offer from Texas Southern!!

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 23
Great visit from coach Jones from Texas Southern

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am
True Bobcat Fan

if the coaching staff seems to think our line situation is somehow going to be fine next year then i pray that they are right otherwise we arent in any position to send anyone weve offered 'walking'

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

so perfect from you. this kid is out there begging for offers while the level of schools offering continues to drop, but you're still banging that pot.

@Drake_Centers54
17 Dec
Blessed to receive an offer from Prairie View A&M

@Drake_Centers54
18 Dec 2017
I have decided it is in my best interest not to sign this Wednesday. Thank you to all of the coaches that have given me an opportunity, i just need more time to make my decision. Thank you.

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 10
Still looking for a place to call home for the next 4-5 years. My dm’s are open 24/7!!

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 22
Blessed to receive an offer from Texas Southern!!

@Drake_Centers54
Jan 23
Great visit from coach Jones from Texas Southern

Saul... You and Phrat are hilarious! I think Centers believed he'd get a Southern Miss offer and it never came even after visiting. Then he pulled back on signing in December. He had a ton of stuff on Southern Miss and now... none. Sad to see this happen to players. Issue is like Costilla, part of it was their own decisions.

I don't disagree with Phrat on Centers but there must be a reason people are leaning against him be it grades or something else. Saul... I wish we had a shot on Steven Shaw. I think he's going to commit to UNT but lets hope we have a shot!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

ThunderCat wrote:
I'm not going based on need or any other reason other than to create a pipeline & perhaps get a two for one.

For my pick I'm going to go with Jace Waters, OLB from Allen, TX. Offer list is not too long and from comparable G5 schools (we are the only offer from TX). If we can get Waters to commit; then maybe (crossing fingers) that also helps shore up Bickman to hold true to his commitment. That would also give us 3 defensive players coming from State Finalist Allen H.S., with a culture of winning.

Scratch him off... committed to Air Force
https://twitter.com/jace_waters/status/957040835954139136

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Offense: Randon Haynes. Why? We need a quick impact player on OL and JC Haynes may be our best shot of getting just that like we got out of Awad on defense last year with run stopping. He could fill the void we tried to get last year with JC Tupa and Mayes. No matter how bad our struggles are with other units OL continues to be the most sluggish year in and year out. Don’t always love JC offers but in this case I love it

Defense: Marquise Conchola. Only other offer is SHSU though 247 crystal ball pick is I’m guessing TAMU swoops in with PWO gesture

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Defense: Marquise Conchola.

love taking kids from programs that win. state champs this year, semifinalist last year, and he was a player for them - had 9 tackles and a sack vs aledo in the title game.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:40 pm