Question for the Posters that have been here forever 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Question for the Posters that have been here forever
So basically like Malleus, Treacherous, and the like.

Wasn't there a poster here before that ended up getting banned by the name of Stephen? He pretended to be an alumnus, but hated the university, would deride any and everything, regardless of accuracy.

I'm trying to recall, but the details are all very hazy.

Anyone remember anything like that?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:48 pm
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Question for the Posters that have been here forever
Sounds like something cougar queen would do.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yep. I think his screen name was Southlandfan, but I do remember a Stephen. I think he started getting called out by name, not unlike a certain other poster on here.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

That's the one!

I saw him on a post on FB about the university star article.

I knew I recognized that writing style!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Southland fan...I remember him and that drama. He was across multiple message boards and I thought even was suspected of coming back on under a different handle. San Clemente maybe or that was just another dude spouting all kinds of craziness...So what UStar article are you referencing Rev? Not the one thats been all over the news last few days is it?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

and speaking of old posters...whatever happened to CatManDo? Man that guy/gal won the internet with those frito pie posts :lol: .

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yeah, it's the one that is in the news right now.

He was going off about how much he hates the university, how he has two kids that go there, but not anymore, etc.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

No way. Southlandfan is that Stephen guy? Man, everytime that guy posts, it's a beating. I don't think I've ever seen him post something positive.

And CatmanDo's frito pie posts were great.

Pretty cool to see this view of oldest posters and their joining dates. For me personally, I didn't find this site until the FCS playoff run of 2005.

http://smtxnews.com/forums/memberlist.php

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Voltronjacko wrote:
No way. Southlandfan is that Stephen guy? Man, everytime that guy posts, it's a beating. I don't think I've ever seen him post something positive.

Pretty cool to see this view of oldest posters and their joining dates. For me personally, I didn't find this site until the FCS playoff run of 2005.

I remember that guy. He was brutal, but he was also correct at least some of the time. Funny thing is, 14 years later, we are bitching about some the same stuff. Poor management in the athletic department. Academic administration that doesn't care about athletics. The football team sucks. When is it going to get better?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 pm
SuperCat

SWT84 wrote:
Voltronjacko wrote:

I remember that guy. He was brutal, but he was also correct at least some of the time. Funny thing is, 14 years later, we are bitching about some the same stuff. Poor management in the athletic department. Academic administration that doesn't care about athletics. The football team sucks. When is it going to get better?

It will get better when we make two really good coaching hires in a row. The first to right the ship and build a culture of winning. Then second to walk into a solid program and keep it going. Getting a competent AD to adequately make and support those hires would be even better.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Voltronjacko wrote:
For me personally, I didn't find this site until the FCS playoff run of 2005.

As did I and many others. Funny enough, to this date the highest amount of traffic this board has seen since it's inception is:
Most users ever online was 192 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:48 am

Notice that date. December 9 was that heartbreaking Semifinal loss to UNI, and I guess for some reason the following morning, real early it looks like, everyone came here to wallow in sorrow together.

On that note, I just happened upon this oral history of that 2005 season on the Athletic page. Just finished going through 2005 Oral History Part VII: An Abrupt End To A Historic Season ...wow that was a step through time...still remember all that, but real cool to hear it/read it through the lenses of those that were on the field and in the press box.
http://www.txstatebobcats.com/news/2015 ... 54107.aspx

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Voltronjacko wrote:

I'm PRETTY sure it's that guy, but I think Malleus or Treacherous would be able to confirm.

And in looking at that member list... One thing to remember: That is when Brent did the reinstall (or whatever) of the message board software. Everyone's register date got messed up.

I want to say I found this place in 1999, but I could be wrong.

Coincidentally... 2003 I think is the last time anyone updated this software! (I exaggerate, but you know).

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

CatManDo was the best. There are a lot of old posters in the top 10-20 of all time posts that have disappeared over the years

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm pretty sure the guy you are referencing was a UNT alum who said he kept following Southland conference football since their days in the conference with us. I remember he kinda spilled the details on another message forum. I"m pretty sure it was over on the SHSU Katfans board back in the day, he was on just about every Southland team's fan boards under various names getting digs at Texas State. I think he was just pissed off about the name change since UNT kept a directional name and SWT changed to nondirectional Texas State.

Anyone remember TexasTerror or TexansTerror? Dude was here almost daily and then bailed as soon as we went FBS.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcathusband wrote:
Anyone remember TexasTerror or TexansTerror?

Ah yes...Texas Terror...dude was constantly trashing Texas State across multiple message boards, especially anygivensaturday.com. He used the name change as one of his rallying cries and made it a point to ensure his university, SHSU, didn't follow suit and become Texas State University- Huntsville with the perceived notion that the San Marcos campus would be the flagship in the Texas State University system.

Jason Plotkin was his name and he worked with the SID at SHSU and is now the Director of Athletic Media Relations at the University of New Orleans

http://www.unoprivateers.com/staff.aspx?staff=172

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 pm