Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Discuss 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5970
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Year 1 was 2005 for me. Bar was set high and we're 0 for 12 trying to get back over it.


Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:08 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:13 pm
Posts: 471
Location: Grand Prairie
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
All the Trolls, on BobcatFans.com.
Are tired of losing to all of these sorry ass schools,
And people laughing at our name.
So if you are reading, Bobcatfans.com,
It don’t matter if anybody said it before,
BobcatFans is a bullshit game.

Trying to be a hero, winding up a zero,
Can harm a man forever, right down to his soul,
Bobcats in the spotlight, heading for the headlights,
Because anything that glitters, is not gold.

All the trolls, on Bobcatfans.com, …


Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:43 pm
Posts: 136
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
I started attending school in 2009 but my following of the football team consisted of checking the score on the ESPN app when we played an FBS school until we went FBS. The first game I closely followed was the Houston game which wasn't on TV unfortunately. But I was so excited that we beat a team that was ranked so highly the season before. I've been a fan ever since.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:45 am
Posts: 421
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Glad the season is over, it's been pretty rough. We struggled this year too but next year should hopefully be better for everybody.


Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:50 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: at the neighboring pub...
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Pretty much the whole state of Texas collectively shit the bed when it comes to college football.

_________________
I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.


Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 539
Location: Plano, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
It's hard to think that Texas is such a hotbed for talent at the HS level. As a "State", college recruiters have to do a better job of selling these kids to stay in Texas. There are 4 things that recruits will look for:

Education
Drafted to the NFL
being part of a team/family
Uniforms

We just have to find out which one speaks to them....

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

_________________
Eat Em Up Cats!
PSA 6th Grade Superbowl Champions-2015
Plano Bobcats Football HC 2008-2015


Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 482
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
We’re in the top 16 of the post season volleyball tournament. We’ve never been post season top 16 of any major sport.

#Party@TheNet

_________________
"punishing all for the actions of one is simply a way for universities to appear as if they are doing something about something they will never have control of - students drinking"
-Goodman


Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm
Posts: 58
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Bobbumman wrote:
We’re in the top 16 of the post season volleyball tournament. We’ve never been post season top 16 of any major sport.

#Party@TheNet

Lol, it's not even the NCAA tournament. We've made the NCAA tournament several times in the past, this is less significant in my opinion. It's like saying we made it to the elite 8 of the post season basketball tournament last year. While true, the CIT means nothing in the grand scheme of things.


Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 am
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 143
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
GMAN wrote:
It's hard to think that Texas is such a hotbed for talent at the HS level. As a "State", college recruiters have to do a better job of selling these kids to stay in Texas. There are 4 things that recruits will look for:

Education
Drafted to the NFL
being part of a team/family
Uniforms

We just have to find out which one speaks to them....

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~


That hotbed of talent has been dwindling thanks to spread offenses and 7 on 7 tourneys in the spring. Texas is now nothing but high school offenses, except maybe at somewhere like katy or desoto. There's a huge lack of good defensive talent in state and it's been like that the last 4 or 5 years or so.


Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:04 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4915
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
LSU Bobcat wrote:
That hotbed of talent has been dwindling thanks to spread offenses and 7 on 7 tourneys in the spring. Texas is now nothing but high school offenses, except maybe at somewhere like katy or desoto. There's a huge lack of good defensive talent in state and it's been like that the last 4 or 5 years or so.

this is an urban myth.

2017 nfl draft:
#1 - de - arlington martin
#3 - de - coppell
#6 - ss - carrollton hebron
#47 - lb - tyler john tyler
#77 - de - lancaster
#91 - de - carrollton hebron
#98 - dt - sa madison
#126 - db - desoto
#173 - db - la marque
#227 - lb - fm marcus
#229 - s - wichita falls

2016 nfl draft:
#24 - cb - houston wheatley
#32 - de - richmond bush
#38 - cb - houston wheatley
#46 - dt - arlington heights
#92 - db - brookshire royal
#116 - de - mansfield
#122 - dt - waco
#129 - s - sa wagner
#141 - db - keller central
#167 - fs - spring
#173 - cb - richardson berkner
#194 - lb - del rio
#214 - lb - pa memorial
#233 - db - desoto

2015 nfl draft: 14 defensive players from txhs

that spread offense is the nfl's qb pipeline: brees, stafford, luck, dalton, carr, keenum, rg3, tannehill, mccoy, foles, mccown, daniel, ponder, mallet, harrell, mcelroy, manziel, etc, etc. 2018 will add mayfield and possibly stidham.

there's plenty of hs talent in texas. it feels like the talent level is down because the local programs have been in turmoil the last 5-8 years, and the best players keep going oos.

2017 - 9 of top 10 defensive players left the state
2016 - 4/10
2014 - 7/10

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:13 pm
Posts: 471
Location: Grand Prairie
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Jimbo Fisher will become the new coach at Texas Ass & M and will become the highest paid State of Texas employee. Welcome to redneck heaven, JIMBO. His name sounds like an Assie.


Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 am
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 143
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Saul Goodman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
That hotbed of talent has been dwindling thanks to spread offenses and 7 on 7 tourneys in the spring. Texas is now nothing but high school offenses, except maybe at somewhere like katy or desoto. There's a huge lack of good defensive talent in state and it's been like that the last 4 or 5 years or so.

this is an urban myth.

2017 nfl draft:
#1 - de - arlington martin
#3 - de - coppell
#6 - ss - carrollton hebron
#47 - lb - tyler john tyler
#77 - de - lancaster
#91 - de - carrollton hebron
#98 - dt - sa madison
#126 - db - desoto
#173 - db - la marque
#227 - lb - fm marcus
#229 - s - wichita falls

2016 nfl draft:
#24 - cb - houston wheatley
#32 - de - richmond bush
#38 - cb - houston wheatley
#46 - dt - arlington heights
#92 - db - brookshire royal
#116 - de - mansfield
#122 - dt - waco
#129 - s - sa wagner
#141 - db - keller central
#167 - fs - spring
#173 - cb - richardson berkner
#194 - lb - del rio
#214 - lb - pa memorial
#233 - db - desoto

2015 nfl draft: 14 defensive players from txhs

that spread offense is the nfl's qb pipeline: brees, stafford, luck, dalton, carr, keenum, rg3, tannehill, mccoy, foles, mccown, daniel, ponder, mallet, harrell, mcelroy, manziel, etc, etc. 2018 will add mayfield and possibly stidham.

there's plenty of hs talent in texas. it feels like the talent level is down because the local programs have been in turmoil the last 5-8 years, and the best players keep going oos.

2017 - 9 of top 10 defensive players left the state
2016 - 4/10
2014 - 7/10


Quite possibly true. But you listed only 11 kids from texas that were drafted. That's not a lot, considering 32 kids drafted in 2016 came from Texas. Not sure how many in 2017. LSU used to recruit texas heavily for defensive players (of course they still do). I think only 2 starters are from texas. Maybe 3 depending on how you classify lacouture. Now it's mostly louisiana kids and bama is getting their share of LA kids. They're called Louisianimals for a reason. I'd like to see defensive rankings of texas universities. We know most are pretty bad. Especially A&M and Texas. Maybe products of their coaches (but Chavis is still a decent coach).

Catching random high school score up here around DFW jesuit (6A) won 79 to 55. Crosby (7A) loses 72-69. That's pretty bad.

Also, how about this shit show in the SEC. Love this time of year. :sombrero:


Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4915
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
LSU Bobcat wrote:
you listed only 11 kids from texas that were drafted.

:? :? :? you run out of fingers and toes?

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 143
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
Saul Goodman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
you listed only 11 kids from texas that were drafted.

:? :? :? you run out of fingers and toes?


No one wants to smell my feet in this building while i try and count.

How do you think texas universities compare to other universities in the same conference when it comes to defenses? Patterson usually has a good one at TCU. Texas has been pretty bad. Despite having one of the best d coord in the country A&Ms defense is soft. Their prize recruit (daylon) has been a massive bust. Tech is never known for defense, especially with kliff there. So that's not a fair comparison. Eric monroe hasn't been very good at LSU despite being a 5*. corey thompson has been plagued by injuries but he put on weight and switched positions and has been decent this year.


Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4915
Reply with quote
Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
LSU Bobcat wrote:
How do you think texas universities compare to other universities in the same conference when it comes to defenses?

houston is top 3 for the 3rd yr in a row
tcu and texas are 1 and 3 this year, and both are typically top 5
tech and baylor could give 2 shits about that side of the ball
tamu isn't bad overall, but the $ec!$ec!$ec! is a shit offensive conference, so the whole conf is skewed.

not sure what the relevance of the question is, re: hs talent. if you asked the same thing of the other 3 or 4 big states and their universities, would you find any data that showed their players are any better compared to the programs in conf/outside the state?

coaching is so important as seen at texas this year new dc/staff and gives up 10ppg fewer than previous season, or here at txst where we're giving up 8ppg fewer than last year. hell, when baylor got serious a couple of year's ago and hired bennnett (and got some legit players on that side of the ball), they allowed 14ppg fewer than the previous 2 years. hell, we're giving up 8ppg fewer w/ essentially the same roster as last year (awad not withstanding), and i think we would all point to the scheme and coaching as the reason (and also awad).

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group