Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Discuss 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: What am I thankful for? That this season is OVER!! Dis
I am thankful Teis isn't making a fool of himself by giving Withers an unearned contract extension.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 am
Bobcat Wannabe

SWT84 wrote:
I am thankful Teis isn't making a fool of himself by giving Withers an unearned contract extension.

I attribute this to (his) pure apathy :).

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Boko Part Deux wrote:
SWT84 wrote:

I attribute this to (his) pure apathy :).

And by (his) I mean Teis, of course...

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Two things I believe about Teis: he's cheap and lazy.

He won't offer an extension until year 4 (I believe it is a 5 year contract), because that takes effort.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
I am also happy to see seniors on Twitter giving love to the coaching staff for being positive influences and bringing a culture to the program. Nice to see how the players feel about the staff after a tough couple seasons.

Noticed that also. Stephan Johnson, Easy Anyama, Louis Rubin, maybe others have all sent out tweets very supporting of the current staff. S&C coach Burkhart, McCray, and Withers getting a lot of support from many of the departing seniors.

The culture is certainly changing. Hopefully the change in culture will eventually materialize into some wins in the very near future.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
I'm also scared to death about the QB position next year, as given the way the season went, I don't think Jones did enough to warrant being handed the spot, and that means we have a BIG OL QUESTION MARK at that position.

I remember reading that Gipson possibly has the higher ceiling. I'm sure there will be a QB battle starting this spring.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Quote:
I am also happy to see seniors on Twitter giving love to the coaching staff for being positive influences and bringing a culture to the program. Nice to see how the players feel about the staff after a tough couple seasons.

Noticed that also. Stephan Johnson, Easy Anyama, Louis Rubin, maybe others have all sent out tweets very supporting of the current staff. S&C coach Burkhart, McCray, and Withers getting a lot of support from many of the departing seniors.

The culture is certainly changing. Hopefully the change in culture will eventually materialize into some wins in the very near future.

Saw that too. This is different than the Fran era where poor field production coupled with no showed improvement, and players revolting on him.

Others have stated it as well, but looking past the W-L record and seeing how the locker room "attitude" has shifted plus the improved play on the field (W-L is only one aspect of viewing the teams performance as how they won or loss says alot too...similar to the playoff committee currently looking past just W-L to try and get the best 4 in) leads me to continue to support Withers as long as the positive trend progresses and doesn't stall out or worse regress. The Troy game was not positive by any means, and almost felt like regression. But is it is one game, and the final one at that o very difficult to gain much insight out of that.

Mal kinda gets a free pass simply because as Rev mentioned dude has been around forever and had to endure the Mataskis/Bailiff/Wright Greg LeFleur debacles. I started at Mataskis final year and was lucky to be hooked with an extreme positive in the FCS semi final playoff run. I got to rush the field following the conference championship with Barrick Nealy against SHSU, the upset over Georgia Southern, followed by Cal Poly and then endure the heartbreaking OT loss to UNI. So I came in on an extreme high and thus have farther to fall than those who came in on some sad times. Still, Mal is judging the book by the cover and not taking the time to read the pages that detail a much different team than portrayed on the cover. But as I said, him and others from his era I understand...don't agree...but I understand.

One good thing about hitting rock bottom is that there is no place to go but up. Yeh, we are still at that bottom, but I am thankful to see them clawing their way out of that hole...we'll see what the 2018 season has to offer and truly see whether or not Withers has done enough to get us out of that hole.

#TrustThePath

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Truth be told... Malleus was here BEFORE the Matsakis debacle... Pretty sure he was here for the Helduser stuff too!

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I know Mal has me beat, and I started with DeBeese.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
Truth be told... Malleus was here BEFORE the Matsakis debacle... Pretty sure he was here for the Helduser stuff too!

Yeh I figured, but I don't know much past Mataski's off the top of my head and wasn't in the mood for looking it up. 30 min lunch at school really means 10 minutes to gulp that food down and get one post in on bf.com

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I started with Wacker. After that, everything pretty much sucked except for a couple of ok years.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Nice to hear of the “enthusiasm” , however, Teis will eventually suck all the air out of the room...

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:

My first year....

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:44 pm
Site Admin

I'm starting to feel old now

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

treacherous wrote:
I'm starting to feel old now

Was student when Bill Miller was starting his 5th of 15 years as head football coach

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next