***Last Gameday Thread @Troy '17*** 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: ***Last Gameday Thread @Troy '17***
Saul gonna get on this thread later tonight and respond by saying:"but but but, they're in total rebuild mode...60-something scholarships...no one knows how long it takes to recover from a complete tear down like this except for me" blah blah blah

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 pm
Junior Bobcat

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Oh man, this is getting hard to watch. Where is our pass defense?

If you're referring to jashon waddy...he got left on the plane with his bum arm. Dude is a scrub

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

First time I've said this in the Withers era... This team doesn't care if they win or lose.

I would say it's because we're playing all these kids that we haven't seen before so we can evaluate them... But we still have Williams in at QB and not Jones.

It's not a knock on Williams, but he can't do ANYTHING for the future of Bobcat athletics. We haven't had a shot at a bowl game in a few weeks, he's gone after this year. So, it should be Jones in there unless he is hurt, which I don't think he is. So I just can't understand it.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:08 pm
Junior Bobcat

TheRevSWT wrote:
First time I've said this in the Withers era... This team doesn't care if they win or lose.

I would say it's because we're playing all these kids that we haven't seen before so we can evaluate them... But we still have Williams in at QB and not Jones.

It's not a knock on Williams, but he can't do ANYTHING for the future of Bobcat athletics. We haven't had a shot at a bowl game in a few weeks, he's gone after this year. So, it should be Jones in there unless he is hurt, which I don't think he is. So I just can't understand it.

Withers is tanking this season for a 2-10 record so he can go 4-8 next year and say "look we are improving"

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I dunno... I get that Troy is a very good team, and had no illusions of us winning.

I didn't expect them to handle us so easily thus far.

Maybe I underestimated how good Troy was.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SATXST wrote:
Not sure what withers is doing with this whole qb situation...imo he's fucked it up this whole season and should have kept WJ the starter since the coastal carolina game.

Felt this way most of the season. I never saw the point in playing a senior transfer QB when the team is losing and isn't playing for anything this year. You have to think about playing for next year at some point, but it looks like Withers never did.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I get not playing Jones for any significant time until the end of the season, or against teams that are just spanking us mid-season.

But at this point... If you've worked with him in camp and over the course of a whole season... and he's not ready to play, then I have to wonder if our QB is on our roster again.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:56 pm
SuperCat

What a way to end the season. Maybe it'll leave a bad taste our mouths and things will change.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:17 pm
SuperCat

And I don't mean the coach.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It has to be evident that imposing a complete tear down EVERY SEASON has not worked 23 months into this. It should be no surprise if we have 50 scholarship players when we bus to Rutgers after players split ties for one reason or another. Yeah, we don’t deserve to have airfare funded. Don’t think big bad Everett can condescend with his mouth his wayout of this one at this point. Lost by 33 last season. 55 this season. For the guy bringing up Bama State above... what about Tenn St beating Ga State and then losing to them? If I were anyone other than maybe the punter I would do some soul searching this winter and look to transfer away from this shit show.

I’m not really sure what any of our past head coaches other than Baliff have done since coaching at TxSt but I would say there have been very few to coach among the college ranks since leaving San Marcos. Withers will never have another major college opportunity or mid major for that matter anywhere else as head coach. We are the best opportunity and only opportunity for him until he so chooses to retire

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Anyone who begs to differ? Troy scored 24 points in the last 2 min and 44 sec of quarter 2 alone. Digest that for a moment.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:
It has to be evident that imposing a complete tear down EVERY SEASON has not worked 23 months into this.

Except we haven't done a complete tear down every season.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:

I’m not really sure what any of our past head coaches other than Baliff have done since coaching at TxSt but I would say there have been very few to coach among the college ranks since leaving San Marcos. Withers will never have another major college opportunity or mid major for that matter anywhere else as head coach. We are the best opportunity and only opportunity for him until he so chooses to retire

Debesse had a pretty good run as offensive coordinator at Sam Houston. Otherwise the only head coach who went on to head coach somewhere else in my era was when BAILiff bailed on us. Heldusier and Wright went back to high school. Matsuckis disappeared. There have been several assistants who went on to greener pastures including Todd up in Austin.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Last home game, the team came out of the tunnel completely flat. I'm actually amazed they played that game that close.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Coastal just beat Georgia Southern, meaning.....

Back-to-back last place finishes in the Sun Belt for TXST.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:25 pm