Cleaning House 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Cleaning House
As much as I believe in giving Withers time, I would be open to getting rid of everyone from the Bun, to Larry, to Withers as well. I think that everything is screwed from top down and we will forever struggle as long as the Bun is there. I like what she's done academically but am open to letting someone else with more of an athletic mindset take the torch. Anyone else?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Cleaning House
At this point I'm willing to try anything if it changes the reactive perception of the AD, moves forward the university academically and provides the winning attitude in sports.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It's kind of a mixed bag (to me, at least).

You can clean house without getting rid of Trauth... But Trauth has to let people who care about athletics do the search and build the contract with clean definitive goals laid out.

Teis needs to go, no doubt. I think that is a given to about 99% of the people that pay attention to Bobcat athletics.

Withers? If the scenario is Teis is gone at the end of the season (or even now), then I'd be fine with letting Withers stay one more season. That would ensure that the new AD can get a firm handle on everything and then find a guy that he can tie his wagon to.

But, obviously, if Trauth is going to be so apathetic to athletics as she has with Teis at the helm... Then she needs to go. Thankfully, that will happen sooner than later (I don't see her getting fired anytime soon, and overall, I've been really happy with what she's done. Some things she's done I disagree with, but on the whole, the university has improved).

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Teis is the overall problem and should have been gone a decade ago. Trauth has done a lot but it is time for a new vision. I think she will retire soon. Not sure what a new football coach would do. The team is young and short of scholarships. That won't change with a new coach. But he needs to go if they don't win 4+ games next year.

Looking at the OOC I want to see wins over Texas Southern and NMSU. UTSA would be nice as they graduate players. I thought Rutgers would be an easy win but this rebuild isn't going smoothly. I still think we should win but won't get my hopes up yet.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You know what would make me happy next year?

A win over the Cajuns. I want to get that monkey off our back.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
You know what would make me happy next year?

A win over the Cajuns. I want to get that monkey off our back.

Agreed. At least that game will be in San Marcos. Not that it has helped in the past.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Getting rid of Withers would effectively reset the rebuild process

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You'd be an idiot to get rid of Withers. The issue is the halfhearted, half ass culture and he's the one that is erasing it at the ground level. All we have to do is get rid of the shit up top and everything will sort itself out. Only then will the cream rise to the top.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 pm
Junior Bobcat

I am fine with cleaning house. It's probably what we need to see real success in any of our major sports.

We have missed so many opportunities in the last 10 years that it's almost heartbreaking. If we had a forward thinking visionary AD 10 years ago, who knows where we would be right now. The college football landscape is so much different than it was 10 years ago and despite all our potential, we haven't capitalized on any of it.

Teis is directly responsible for holding us back in more ways than one. Trauth is directly responsible for sitting back and letting this happen.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

First, I don't want Trauth forced out. She has continued us on the path set by Supple and I believe has done a good job I could list a lot of factors that I like. I fear the unknown of some A-hole president in the current anti-academic climate who wants to put us "back in our place." I'm sure its mentioned before but what is the current state of LT's contract? When it's time for renewal we should mount a campaign to respectfully demand to Trauth that she finds a new Athletics Director. Everybody on the board send her respectful emails. Contact influential alumni that we know and let it known that enough is enough. Contact Student Representatives and ask them to demand well thought out changes. If she outright refuses, then demand further action by contacting the regents and state legislature. This is how we changed the name and how we moved up to FBS Division I.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:

Somehow I missed the part where we were making forward progress.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 pm
Junior Bobcat

Malleus wrote:
Larry Teis wrote:

Somehow I missed the part where we were making forward progress.

We were actually competitive in a lot of games this year. I saw a lot of improvement from last year to this year even if it doesn't show in the record yet.

Maybe if you had watched a single game, you would have seen that too.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Trauth is 70 years old. She has done her job but refuses to remove Teis no matter who complains including large donors. She has done her job over the past 15 years and changed us academically for the good. However, we are suffering athletically when we shouldn't be. She doesn't care which is fine for everyone else but I would like a little respect when it comes to athletics. Hell, aren't the students paying for it.

When I say she doesn't care, I just mean that it appears that athletics is at the bottom of list of priorities and resources get put somewhere else. Teis is a "yes" man and puppet. Change is coming anyway and I don't want to be on the fuggin outs again.

How about someone like "Someone". He seems to have his eye on our future academically and also comes on this board to chime in. That's at least a balance to some degree.

Personally I think that a mixture of us would be great. Who would be pres, VP, AD, Coach, Marketing mgr, etc. We could do it.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think Trauth has earned the right to leave on her own terms. At 70, I'm sure she is now looking toward retirement. I would even hazard a guess that she has already been communicating with the Board & Chancellor about an organized retirement exit. I suspect concern about who might get appointed based on some of the current climate regarding academic institutions may be playing a role in her delaying retirement. I also suspect she wants to cut the ribbon on the engineering building and its program expansion--that engineering program has essentially been her pet project, if you were going to hang an identifying program achievement on her.

The only replacement needed is Teis. Make a good hire, and the rest will solve itself. I'm actually kind of interested to see how our existing coaches perform with a real AD instead of a fancy NCAA compliance officer.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bailiff was let go from Rice today.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 pm