Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 ***GameDay Thread VS GSU '17*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***GameDay Thread VS GSU '17***
4th down. All comes down to this

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fail. Ball game.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:36 pm
SuperCat

We don't know how to win

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Sucks that the Bobcats couldn't pull this one out. However, we are seeing improvements each week.

I feel much more confident now going into next season than the first 5 weeks of the season.

Still have yet to put all 4 quarters of a game together. Lastly, team is very very thin on numbers and it showed with players looking winded.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If D Williams had an ounce of accuracy we win that game.... but lord ....his accuracy is horrible for being a grad student

Last edited by ThunderCat on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I still don't understand why we're playing Williams over Jones. Jones has looked good in the few plays he's been in on and Williams has had major ups and downs. Emphasis on the downs. His accuracy was down right embarrassing tonight.

Williams is also done after this year and we still have Jones.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

ThunderCat wrote:
If Fucking D Williams had an ounce of accuracy we win that game.... but lord ....his accuracy is horrible for being a grad student

There were a few times in the game I thought to myself if he really cared. I felt like he was hell bent on throwing when he could have tucked and run like he’s decided going in that he’s just gonna sit back there and throw and not risk injury. There was a third and short at the 15 and he was wide open to run for the first down and he threw to a covered wr and we settled for field goal. That was the difference in the game.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

JustinS09 wrote:
I almost think you have to go for that 4th down because we can't stop them.

same here. no one around me agreed.
JustinS09 wrote:
I still don't understand why we're playing Williams over Jones.

"level 1 source" ( :roll: ) thinks his groin pull from a couple of weeks ago is still not 100%. not sure i buy that, but very close to the program and did confirm that it was the groin that kept him out of the cc game.

what a game. holy hell that had everything. i've never seen a college game w/ 3 ko out of bounds. williams to schrade to king td, blocked pat, byu-esque qb running from gast, high snap/safety/penalty, multiple almost-first-int...what else?

as with all of our close losses, there are multiple points of blame, but i'd like to specifically point at the receivers today. schrade w/ 2, watts w/ 1, and [at least] someone else w/ 1 dropped passes that hit them in the hands - who fell down and had the long bomb drop right on top of them? haydel maybe? some might come in hot, but you gotta catch those too. even w/ those drops, williams completed 64%, 315y and 3 td - yes, his misses are ugly, and they came at terrible times, but he put balls on target today more often than not. no fumbles either, so bonus there. offense went 4-4 in the red zone too - hell freeze over?

season low rush attempts at 25 - includes sacks, so even lower actually. for reference, we avg 42 rush per game.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Jones came into the game in a wildcat formation where we were throwing the ball from Jones to Williams etc. He can play, they just didn't for some reason. Time to pull the plug on Damian. If we could sit Tyler Jones on Senior day last year, we can def sit Damian in the last two games of the season.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm okay with seeing either. Williams did better after the rust came off from missing most of fall camp. Seems as the internal clock to get rid of the ball isn't there. I will say he's accuarate when the technique is there, but abysmal when rushing throws or attempting them from his back foot. Huge, huge difference.

Jones, does need the experience though as we've seen mistakes in his limited minutes. He also has accuracy issues.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

No point in writing out detailed game thoughts because its nothing that revealing. I will just say that despite playing for nothing but pride, this group continues to fight. We are close to being decent. Much better than last year.

We lost by 40 to NMST lsat year. 10 this year.

Lost to GA ST by 20 last year. 3 this year.

Next year, I expect to win these games with some regularity.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

Came on here expecting to see a lot of bitching about the coaching, but not much surprisingly.

Offensively, I think we called a great game. We abandoned the run a bit, but that's cause we were able to do what we wanted in the passing game. We had receivers running open all 4 quarters. The problem is we couldn't connect on probably 7-8 great opportunities be it from poor throws or dropped passes. Both Williams and the receivers have to do a better job. With better QB play and WR play we win this game. OL had one of their better games of the season (TD to French a good example of great protection).

Defense played adequate for most of the game. Unfortunately they gave up 3-4 big plays that really hurt us. We probably put a little extra attention on Penny Hart, and rightfully so. But #14 burned us twice because of it. We just don't have the depth to play 4 quarters right now. Anyone notice we had Jacquel Pierce out there at DT at times? We're forced to play an OL at DT to get some rest to the starters. We're pretty limited depth-wise on that side of the ball right now.

Really tough loss just cause I feel we really out-coached them (yeah I said it) and were in position to win that game, but too many execution mistakes by the offense and too much lack of depth on the defensive side cost us. Last two games are going to be tough on the road against arguable the two best teams in the league (though USA upset A-State yesterday). We're likely staring down going 2-10 for the 2nd straight year. Anyone with a set of eyeballs and a rudimentary understanding of this game should be able to tell the 2017 squad was significantly better than the 2016 squad at least.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
Came on here expecting to see a lot of bitching about the coaching, but not much surprisingly.

Offensively, I think we called a great game. We abandoned the run a bit, but that's cause we were able to do what we wanted in the passing game. We had receivers running open all 4 quarters. The problem is we couldn't connect on probably 7-8 great opportunities be it from poor throws or dropped passes. Both Williams and the receivers have to do a better job. With better QB play and WR play we win this game. OL had one of their better games of the season (TD to French a good example of great protection).

Defense played adequate for most of the game. Unfortunately they gave up 3-4 big plays that really hurt us. We probably put a little extra attention on Penny Hart, and rightfully so. But #14 burned us twice because of it. We just don't have the depth to play 4 quarters right now. Anyone notice we had Jacquel Pierce out there at DT at times? We're forced to play an OL at DT to get some rest to the starters. We're pretty limited depth-wise on that side of the ball right now.

Really tough loss just cause I feel we really out-coached them (yeah I said it) and were in position to win that game, but too many execution mistakes by the offense and too much lack of depth on the defensive side cost us. Last two games are going to be tough on the road against arguable the two best teams in the league (though USA upset A-State yesterday). We're likely staring down going 2-10 for the 2nd straight year. Anyone with a set of eyeballs and a rudimentary understanding of this game should be able to tell the 2017 squad was significantly better than the 2016 squad at least.

Yeah, thats going to be a problem for our fanbase.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:

Bobcat.taxman Last visited: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 pm
Phratcatbocoloco Last visited: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Bobbumman Last visited: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
x wrote:

Bobcat.taxman Last visited: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 pm
Phratcatbocoloco Last visited: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Bobbumman Last visited: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Haha this is hilarious!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next