Back to Back..... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Back to Back.....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

..... 2-10 seasons, since this was the last game we had any chance at winning.

Looking at the schedule for next season, looks like we will have ANOTHER 2-10 season at best.

Now do you guys understand why I was asking if anyone knew the buy out provisions in Withers' contract early in year one? You guys called it hating, it was being realistic with the product on the field we were going to have given how he ran his practices/team from day one.

I've never seen so much turnover in players as well as coaches in all my time following college football.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Back to Back.....
sir Everett must have checked in as head coach for the 2nd half with umass and costal games this afternoon. talk about completely blown games

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

you do realize taxman that nobody else on this board is ever going to be convinced that ew is the cancer no matter what he does or how long he makes poor decisions
they can’t wait to spin things that it’s scholarships depth and talent but continue to ignore what ew does and doesn’t do on saturdays. I think the only way we can send smoke signal warning signs to him is if we can get our average paid home attendance under 10k next season. we’re getting close though

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

average paid home attendance since utsa has been 12,125 and don’t expect it to get better when we dumpster fire a school (gsu) nobody outside this board even knows has a team. can’t wait to see what attendance looks like next season when ew doesn’t have a game like utsa to mask program apathy and be his crutch

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Apathy?

Did we have a game today?

. . I kid, I kid . . .

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I thought we would go 1-11 this year so 2-10 is better than my expectations.

Maybe we sneak one by GSU but they seem to be hitting their stride after starting the year awful. Please let us beat stAte and shut their fans up.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am
Junior Bobcat

Zero conference wins to one this year. Ok, the team we beat wasn’t in our conference. Margin of loss in conference. 2016 - 25.375 points. 2017 - 13 points and that excludes the 20 point win on the road. Obviously @arkst and @troy could make that number higher but not sure how people can’t see the progress for a program that’s running 20 scholarships short and playing tons of freshman/sophomores. Is withers the right man to lead Texas State to a sun belt title game? I’m not sure. I feel confident in him getting Texas State out the black hole it is currently in, so let’s give him a shot.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

IMO... it seems like a realistic goal of playing in the SBCS game will not be a reality as long as we have our current leadership in place. Not sure if we can truly evaluate EW since he's handcuffed by DT and LT....

Still haven't seen any quit in the players and that's a reflection of EW.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If I were a committed recruit or underclassmen on this squad I would be siked and have full trust in Wither's Process. If you pay attention to recruiting, Withers was already ahead of the weak spots we've seen on the field this year; OL (53 known 2018 offers) and Secondary (38 known 2018 offers).

TRENDING UP- Keep in mind we are doing this with mostly 2 & 3 star underclassmen
Ranked 9th - 4th Down Conversion Pct Defense (IMPROVED DLINE)
Ranked 17th - Fewest Penalties (IMPROVED/DISCIPLINED CULTURE)
Ranked 19th - Fewest Penalty Yards (IMPROVED/DISCIPLINED CULTURE)
Ranked 27th - Fumbles Recovered (IMPROVE DLINE)
Ranked 36th - 3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense (IMPROVED DLINE)

GAPS - It's obvious what Withers is recruiting towards fixing and building; 6 committed OL positions (I count TE) and 6 committed Secondary Positions
Ranked 84th - Passing Efficiency (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 88th - Rushing Offense (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 117th - Passing Yards Allowed (BUILD SECONDARY)
Ranked 122nd - Scoring Offense (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 124th - Sacks Allowed (BUILD OLINE)

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:17 pm
SuperCat

We are only 5.5 point dogs on Saturday. Not predicting a win but it isnt unrealistic to expect a competitive game.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

stlwildcats wrote:
I feel confident in him getting Texas State out the black hole it is currently in, so let’s give him a shot.

:sign: :cat:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

BobcatDis wrote:
If I were a committed recruit or underclassmen on this squad I would be siked and have full trust in Wither's Process. If you pay attention to recruiting, Withers was already ahead of the weak spots we've seen on the field this year; OL (53 known 2018 offers) and Secondary (38 known 2018 offers).

TRENDING UP- Keep in mind we are doing this with mostly 2 & 3 star underclassmen
Ranked 9th - 4th Down Conversion Pct Defense (IMPROVED DLINE)
Ranked 17th - Fewest Penalties (IMPROVED/DISCIPLINED CULTURE)
Ranked 19th - Fewest Penalty Yards (IMPROVED/DISCIPLINED CULTURE)
Ranked 27th - Fumbles Recovered (IMPROVE DLINE)
Ranked 36th - 3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense (IMPROVED DLINE)

GAPS - It's obvious what Withers is recruiting towards fixing and building; 6 committed OL positions (I count TE) and 6 committed Secondary Positions
Ranked 84th - Passing Efficiency (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 88th - Rushing Offense (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 117th - Passing Yards Allowed (BUILD SECONDARY)
Ranked 122nd - Scoring Offense (BUILD OLINE)
Ranked 124th - Sacks Allowed (BUILD OLINE)

And we need an offseason/ spring/ summer for the 5 O-lineman from the '17 class with AB and Mateos. Strength, size, technique and continuity.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

At least we aren't the once proud Georgia Southern at 0-9.

(trying to add a little positivity)

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

I've seen some really positive signs so far this year. The team has yet to give up and continue to fight hard for a win. That's very positive and a sign that they're bought in to withers mentality.

We have also had several close games that we probably win with more depth and less youth. App St, NMST, and GSU are all probable wins when we have more depth and experience next year.

Overall, I see a lot of reasons to be hopeful that next year we see measurable improvement in the win column. I expect a minimum of 5 wins next year and possibly more. It sucks that we had to start from where we were after Fran left us, but at least we are showing some signs of life.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Conference play this year feels a lot like back in 2012 in the WAC (4-8). Competitive losses against LA Tech, Nevada, UTSA, and Navy (non-conf but late in season), even SJSU to a degree. This year's App State, ULM, NMST, and GSU all having that same feeling, with even ULL feeling like we played it closer than the score indicated.

Losses are losses, but the following years there was progression to 6 and then 7 wins.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 pm