Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 ***GameDay Thread VS NMSU '17*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***GameDay Thread VS NMSU '17***
Those are my exact expectations. If we can go bowling in 2019, I would consider the "burn it down" experiment a success.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
El Gato wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
I'll say this though... It's more entertaining to watch this team (and painful) than it was to watch Fran's 6 or 7 year seasons.

It was only tolerable because we won as much or more than we lost (to me).

Yes! The W-L column may be similar to the Fran era but watching this team vs that same team with the similar record is vastly different. It's tough explaining this to my wife when she badgers me for watching these games. She tells me, "different coach, same results. Whats the excuse now?" and I have tell her it's just different.

Fran teams were like watching paint dry. Painfully boring. At least we played NMSU much better this year. I expect 4 -5 wins next year and then 6+ in 2019.

Fuckin San Miraculous. The only place in all the world where someone gets 3 seasons to win 4 games in the worst conference in mid-major football classification and if that doesn’t happen wait another year or so for the next president to come in and burn things down again. Will LT elect Withers for another 4 year term if 4 wins doesn’t happen until year 4?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

^ignores all circumstances and context.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Man, some of y'all have some low freakin' expectations . . .

Next year is year 3, and you're lookin' for 4-5 wins . . . Are you freakin kiddin' me?

By year 3, he needs to be at a minimum 6 wins . . . and I'd remind you that's only winning at a .500 clip . . half your freakin' games .. . in one of the weakest FBS conferences . .

This guy came to San Marcos and said that "fan" is short for fanatic, that we shouldn't be patient, as he wouldn't be either. I say take him at his word . ..

Winning at at least a .500 clip in year 3 is NOT unreasonable, and if he can't do that, he needs to move in next door to Franny in Marble Falls . .

And don't start with the "Where he started from crap." That's on EW. . . He chose to go scorched earth.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Astros did scorched earth. Three 100+ losing seasons in a row. Sometimes it takes time to do it right.

Patchwork bad money on bad money didn't for many years in Houston.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

txstlinds wrote:
Astros did scorched earth. Three 100+ losing seasons in a row. Sometimes it takes time to do it right.

It only took the Cubbies 108 years. :-)

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat87 wrote:

Next year is year 3, and you're lookin' for 4-5 wins . . . Are you freakin kiddin' me?

By year 3, he needs to be at a minimum 6 wins . . . and I'd remind you that's only winning at a .500 clip . . half your freakin' games .. . in one of the weakest FBS conferences . .

This guy came to San Marcos and said that "fan" is short for fanatic, that we shouldn't be patient, as he wouldn't be either. I say take him at his word . ..

Winning at at least a .500 clip in year 3 is NOT unreasonable, and if he can't do that, he needs to move in next door to Franny in Marble Falls . .

And don't start with the "Where he started from crap." That's on EW. . . He chose to go scorched earth.

Not going to tell you to change your expectations or that you are wrong for it, but prepare to be disappointed and angry. That would be my advice.

Also, while I don't think you'll be alone in your statement, I think you'll be in the vast minority on it.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

I am just saying that if the approach we went with is to blow the entire team up and start over then these expectations aren't crazy. The Astros are a fair comparison. Last year we were literally the worst team in the country. Don't expect to be winning conference right after that with a team full of true freshmen. We basically started a FBS team from scratch this year.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:15 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat87 wrote:

There is quite a difference from low and realistic.
Many of us have high expectations that are also realistic given what we know about the entirety of the program.

Many of you are so black and white that you don't get the world operates in a vast prism of colors too.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

El Gato wrote:
Many of you are so black and white that you don't get the world operates in a vast prism of colors too.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

txstlinds wrote:

Really? You gonna use The Astros as an analogy for the supposed resurrection of Bobcat Football?

First, Re: The Astros . . . Everyone in that Organization Top (Jim Crane the owner) to Bottom was committed to their rebuild plan. . . You gonna honestly tell me that we have that kind of commitment in San Marcos? Hell, Larry didn't even want EW . .

Next, LT ain't no Jeff Luhnow and EW ain't no AJ Hinch

Now, I get what you're trying to say, but to make a comparison between an organization that Top to bottom was committed to a rebuild plan with another organization largely going through the motions is a false equivalency.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Bobcat87 wrote:

Not going to tell you to change your expectations or that you are wrong for it, but prepare to be disappointed and angry. That would be my advice.

Also, while I don't think you'll be alone in your statement, I think you'll be in the vast minority on it.

Now you're response actually made me laugh . . .

. . it was the part where you said: "... but prepare to be disappointed and angry." Funny stuff there . . . Hate to point out the obvious, but it's BOBCAT football, 7 winning seasons since 1985 . . a program that consistently invents new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory . . .

. . . All I am, following this program, is disappointed and angry . . . Kinda comes with the territory.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but EW came in and signed a 4 year deal, which most here seem to be cool with his being under .500 for 3 of those years . . . That should piss off more than just me . . .

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

When a coach blows up a 3 win team, how many seasons would you expect it to take to be back on track? I think we have different answers to that question and that is where the disagreement is coming from. My answer has always been 3 years so that is why I hold off on judgment.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
Next, LT ain't no Jeff Luhnow and EW ain't no AJ Hinch

actually, withers is both luhnow and hinch in this analogy.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong

you're wrong. lots. but in particular, withers signed a 5 year deal and you have no fucking clue what ellipses are for.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:39 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next